ADVERTISEMENT

Official Visit thread

Baller23Boogie

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
In a couple months, official visits are gonna start, so here's a thread on the kids that are scheduled to come.

Kids will be added and some visits probably won't happen for a variety of reasons.

Good group so far. Love that we're getting in the ring and going against legit P5 teams for kids and getting them on campus.

...also damn interested in their talent recognition skills, like finding young Hoosier HS's who aren't in the top 15-30 of the state of Indiana...seems like every year Kentucky, MSU, Iowa etc. find a couple...IU's turn...
This era will be fascinating. Cig says he doesn’t see stars. These guys are all 3-stars. Can he win in the B1G with all 3-star players? Can’t wait to find out.

This era will be fascinating. Cig says he doesn’t see stars. These guys are all 3-stars. Can he win in the B1G with all 3-star players? Can’t wait to find out.
For some reason (fan optimism) I think coaching and strategy goes further in football vs bball. Constantly getting players in position to succeed (like getting WRs open) can get a lot out of 3*s. Plus it seems there is more opportunity for player dev vs bball. Maybe that’s wrong I don’t know.

See success and more 4*s start to show up.

I think Cig has a system for this and I’m enjoying watching it play out.

Seems like quite a few of our 4 stars ended up being incorrectly ranked.

Offers from other coaching staffs tell more of the story

Chris McCorkle is a 3 star but has offers (supposedly) from Florida, Florida St, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan St, Miss St, etc.

That's more telling.

BTW, 247 has him at a 4 star (not CCC2.0 so I can look lol)

Seems like quite a few of our 4 stars ended up being incorrectly ranked.

Offers from other coaching staffs tell more of the story

Chris McCorkle is a 3 star but has offers (supposedly) from Florida, Florida St, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan St, Miss St, etc.

That's more telling.

BTW, 247 has him at a 4 star (not CCC2.0 so I can look lol)

247 has Hall as a four star and top 247 player as well, for what it's worth.

Cignetti will need to recruit higher rated talent and soon. These kids aren't highly rated and that's concerning to me.

Recruiting was Allen's strong suit; Cignetti will need to at least match Allen's efforts.

Reactions: red hornet
Cignetti will need to recruit higher rated talent and soon. These kids aren't highly rated and that's concerning to me.

Recruiting was Allen's strong suit; Cignetti will need to at least match Allen's efforts.

Allen got highly rated kids and didn't do anything with them.

Ratings are all subjective. On 247, three of these kids are ranked in those rankings, so if you're on their site, you'd be super excited we were getting such high ranked kids on campus.

Ratings are nice, but it's how you develope the kids once you get them that is important. Cig and staff have a history of developing kids. Lets hope that trend continues.

Allen got highly rated kids and didn't do anything with them.

Ratings are all subjective. On 247, three of these kids are ranked in those rankings, so if you're on their site, you'd be super excited we were getting such high ranked kids on campus.

Ratings are nice, but it's how you develope the kids once you get them that is important. Cig and staff have a history of developing kids. Lets hope that trend continues.
What makes me confident with Cignetti lead evaluation of talent is the continuity through longevity of his staff. Never new who IUFB was losing or adding for assistants near every season. Allen had a pretty good talent eye but assistants over 7 seasons was game of chance.

The southern Great Lakes with a heavy emphasis on Chicago added to the areas Cignetti and staff are familiar, E/SE, should provide fertile areas to prospect for IUFB talent. Keep Bostad and Haines happy and Cignetti can find complacency elsewhere.

There's suppose to be more coming, but I'm only putting kids that have put a post on Twitter.

There have also been a TON of kids on campus since spring ball has started.

It's pretty safe to say this staff had created a pretty healthy buzz with some pretty sought after kids.
I hope all of them love the staff and Bloomington, decide to come to IU to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT