ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: Maryland @ Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Well, no update on Morgan until tipoff. So, what will happen?

Juwan Morgan bounces back from injuries. He will play. (speculation)

Maryland is 1-4 on the road and 1-3 in conference away games. Maryland lost on the road to Michigan State by 30...IU lost up there by 28.

Clearly IU by 2, right?

Maryland has a very tall front line and has some good shooters from the 3. So why is it that they are in the middle of the pack and not among the best in the conference? They are 4 - 4. They are young? Heck, they have one big senior. IU has Hartman...heck, he is older.

IU 75; Maryland 73 Defense wins this. And IU's bench. And it being in Assembly Hall.

That's with or without Morgan. Trust me.

And Congress will approve a budget and compromise is in the air and spring is right around the corner and Archie will land Romeo and we will hang 3 more banners in 20 years and the nice young men in their clean white coats....

Reactions: kkott
Three games in seven days. Two wins would be nice.

IU will have to play well tonight short handed and then fix the road mentality vs a vey beatable but hungry Ill.

PU will be a very tall task ( pun intended).

Three games in seven days. Two wins would be nice.

IU will have to play well tonight short handed and then fix the road mentality vs a vey beatable but hungry Ill.

PU will be a very tall task ( pun intended).
Purdue is clearly better this year. Still somehow it will probably be a close game down there. Tough place to play and their pride will probably raise their game.

Purdue is clearly better this year. Still somehow it will probably be a close game down there. Tough place to play and their pride will probably raise their game.

They seem to have played to the competition until MSU. Pride and the crowd will help but so thin up front would require a barrage of threes from the worst shooting IU squad I have ever seen.

DD being out is a given. If we are without JM that would be a massive blow to the team. If DG can control his shot selection and look for others to score that could be a coming out party for him. If RJ has a poor showing, this could be a very difficult pill to swallow, but I have confidence he will rise to the occasion. We have to hope CH's shoulder is healed enough to knock down the 3 ball like we all know he can. AD has to limit his turnovers and get to the basket. JN will you please not try and make something out of nothing. If the 3 is there take it, I won't have any problem with this, just don't jack up 3's early in the shot clock. Clifton Moore needs efficient minutes down low looking for blocks and rebounds. Justin Smith has to find a way to score as well, the jury is still out on his consistency but I'm excited for the future of this player. If none of this happens we could very well not get past the 55-60 point mark.

Having said all of that. IU 105- Maryland 27

Last edited:
I have a feeling that you guys will kill us especially if you guys keep shooting the way you are right now.

If no Morgan.
Could be the beginning of a three loss week. I'm realist..This team doesn't shooot it.And they're not mentally tuff.
If Morgan goes and is 75 % possibly a two win week.

Maryland is 1-4 on the road and 1-3 in conference away games. Maryland lost on the road to Michigan State by 30...IU lost up there by 28.

Clearly IU by 2, right?

Maryland has a very tall front line and has some good shooters from the 3. So why is it that they are in the middle of the pack and not among the best in the conference? They are 4 - 4. They are young? Heck, they have one big senior. IU has Hartman...heck, he is older.

IU 75; Maryland 73 Defense wins this. And IU's bench. And it being in Assembly Hall.

And Congress will approve a budget and compromise is in the air and spring is right around the corner and Archie will land Romeo and we will hang 3 more banners in 20 years and the nice young men in their clean white coats....
I don't feel good that Morgan will play and be effective this soon after an injury where he didn't return to the bench. I didn't see if he walked off the floor, but it would be a better sign if he did.

I will expect Green to start with Rojo, Newkirk, Smith, McBob so we can have a little more scoring than Freddie or Hartman. Hartman should be starting, but he just hasn't played well enough. Maybe CAM has faith he will step up tonight and starts him.

This is another game we will watch if Moore can play and wonder how many players would have to out or in foul trouble for Priller to play in the first 39 minutes of a game.

Reactions: kkott
I don't feel good that Morgan will play and be effective this soon after an injury where he didn't return to the bench. I didn't see if he walked off the floor, but it would be a better sign if he did.

I will expect Green to start with Rojo, Newkirk, Smith, McBob so we can have a little more scoring than Freddie or Hartman. Hartman should be starting, but he just hasn't played well enough. Maybe CAM has faith he will step up tonight and starts him.

This is another game we will watch if Moore can play and wonder how many players would have to out or in foul trouble for Priller to play in the first 39 minutes of a game.
It was reported that Morgan was seen leaving after the last game...on crutches, no cast.

Reactions: hoosier48
I don't know if IU can win without Morgan. If Morgan plays I'll go with IU by 5 and if he's out I have to go Maryland by 10.

Anyone familiar with this site or twitter account:
https://twitter.com/FreePlaysPicks

Their tweet lists Morgan as 'doubtful' but don't see any IU media or any other publication has picked this up. Did they get some leak no one knows about or just guessing (they may well be right) as I find it odd they are reporting it like its official but no one else seems to have noticed.

If Morgan:
IU 76
Maryland 71

No Morgan:
Maryland: 70
IU 65

Beating anyone without JM is a tall order for this years squad. Without Morgan, I'm thinking 78 - 62 bad guys.

We are not bad guys....Duke, UVA and UNC are. BIG without a good/great Indiana team does not seem normal.

Archie will get it straight. Too much talent and tradition and alum support I would think to let it get too bad. Good luck!!

A bad Indiana team without it’s best two players with a first year head coach. We’ll see if guys can step up, but my expectations are low tonight. It’s astonishing that Archie has this team at 4-3 in the Big Ten and people believe we have a chance tonight.

A bad Indiana team without it’s best two players with a first year head coach. We’ll see if guys can step up, but my expectations are low tonight. It’s astonishing that Archie has this team at 4-3 in the Big Ten and people believe we have a chance tonight.
Not sure what you mean.

Maryland is missing their best player and a rotation player. They have a worse record in the B1G than IU. Why is it astonishing that IU has a chance to win tonight? Vegas actually has Maryland favored by just a couple of points and IU's chance to win at 40%. Is it astonishing that Vegas would have those odds?

There is parity in the middle of the B1G. Any team can beat any other. Why not IU on top tonight?

Not sure what you mean.

Maryland is missing their best player and a rotation player. They have a worse record in the B1G than IU. Why is it astonishing that IU has a chance to win tonight? Vegas actually has Maryland favored by just a couple of points and IU's chance to win at 40%. Is it astonishing that Vegas would have those odds?

There is parity in the middle of the B1G. Any team can beat any other. Why not IU on top tonight?
I mean Archie is making lemonade with this team. He’s earned the respect of the media with no nonsense basketball. We aren’t good, but teams have to play well to beat us. I’m looking forward to what he is able to do when he gets his guys.

If Morgan can play well enough to help on the boards and our guards can prevent easy entry passes into their bigs, AND Rob doesn’t get into foul trouble (Arch, please don’t put him on Cowan), we’ll win a close one. Oh, and Rob has to score a bunch too. No pressure.

Clearly IU by 2, right?

Morgan is listed as doubtful and a game time decision. I doubt very much he'll play tonight.

Next man up....

How does anyone know that Morgan is doubtful when they haven't leaked anything out yet? We won't know untill Don Fischer knows.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
It was reported that Morgan was seen leaving after the last game...on crutches, no cast.
At least he wasn't in a wheel chair. Morgan was likely getting treatment in the locker room and the reason he didn't come sit on the bench.

My daughter sprained her ankle pretty bad in a basketball game and I used the treatment from my day of wearing a sock and immediately putting my leg in a big bucket of ice. Both kids used the method and made fun of the process, but a lot of ice early got them back up quickly.

How does anyone know that Morgan is doubtful when they haven't leaked anything out yet? We won't know untill Don Fischer knows.

Vegas .........

and do you understand what "doubtful" means. The word doesn't represent a finite conclusion.

At present Fischer is probably doubtful too, until he's told definitively, then he'll no longer have doubt.

He is warming up. That doesn't mean he will play, but it doesn't look like he will be missing for weeks. I would be okay if we let him rest the ankle and not risk diminisher play and a worse injury..

Reactions: T.M.P.
He is warming up. That doesn't mean he will play, but it doesn't look like he will be missing for weeks. I would be okay if we let him rest the ankle and not risk diminisher play and a worse injury..
It would be much better if he were 100% and able to go. but that's a great sign. We have five really tough games coming up, we need him on the floor.

Clearly IU by 2, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT