ADVERTISEMENT

Official Pacer game thread

They can play soft. Bad combo with NY. That team takes aggressive play to a new level. Carlisle doesn’t know how to turn up the wick.

Definitely look like the younger, softer team. Haliburton gotta be playing through some discomfort... He had nothing tonight.

At some point your best player has to show up in road playoff games... And he has not been good MSG

The Pacers have not been relevant since the old ABA days.
Every year with that organization is supposedly the next step. There so many damn steps over the years that you could walk from here to LA by now. Pacers have always been a small market team with no superstars. Never a Jordan or Lebron type to go here. Reggie is probably as close as it gets. They won’t advance this year, or the next or the year after that. This has been going for decades. They’ve always been the bridesmaid, never the bride.
True, although the franchise has been the victim of some terrible luck. The 2004-05 squad was absolutely a title contender until the infamous Malice at the Palace. Paul George snapped his leg in half which derailed a promising season. Oladipo tore his quadriceps tendon before turning into a diva and demanding a trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Every year with that organization is supposedly the next step. There so many damn steps over the years that you could walk from here to LA by now. Pacers have always been a small market team with no superstars. Never a Jordan or Lebron type to go here. Reggie is probably as close as it gets. They won’t advance this year, or the next or the year after that. This has been going for decades. They’ve always been the bridesmaid, never the bride.
No.

They were absolutely relevant in the 90’s. Always in contention. Took MJ to seven games. They made the finals and could have faced The Blazers, but the Blazers choked and they got prime Shaq and Kobe.

The early 2000’s teams were the top few in the league and could have won it all, but they were attacked vbg.

The early 2010’s PG teams ran into the super team Heat.

And now the Pacers are building a good team again.

Yea they’re small market and face huge disadvantages. It’s not their fault Indy is not a big city. This is a pretty good organization that has built several good teams. An NBA team can achieve admirable things even if they’re a small market that rarely gets superstars and doesn’t quite get a title.

Last edited:
Damn dude. You ok?

Not Pacers but NBA.

Bronny James isn’t a strong college player but staying in the draft with the belief where he goes is father will follow. What shit. This follows his undeserving NIL windfall.

Definitely look like the younger, softer team. Haliburton gotta be playing through some discomfort... He had nothing tonight.

At some point your best player has to show up in road playoff games... And he has not been good MSG
are the pacers really that young? Haliburton is coming into his own and could improve, everyone else pretty much are who they are. Turner and Siakam will probably start declining in the next few years. McConnel is in his 30s , Nesmith Nembhard are role players. Mathurin jury still out like his upside. Sheppard same as Mathurin but not someone you could ever see being a star. I like Pascal but he's a B list star and we traded a ton of draft capitol to get him.

are the pacers really that young? Haliburton is coming into his own and could improve, everyone else pretty much are who they are. Turner and Siakam will probably start declining in the next few years. McConnel is in his 30s , Nesmith Nembhard are role players. Mathurin jury still out like his upside. Sheppard same as Mathurin but not someone you could ever see being a star. I like Pascal but he's a B list star and we traded a ton of draft capitol to get him.
Isn’t Pascal in that tv show The Last of Us?

I think they are like the 4th youngest team in the league... Per years of NBA experience. And none of them outside of Siakam have any playoff experience.

I think they are like the 4th youngest team in the league... Per years of NBA experience. And none of them outside of Siakam have any playoff experience.
that's hard to believe, McDermott Turner McConnel and Siakam all have to be in there 30s. OKC is a young team with young talent. just looked it up the Pacers are the 10th youngest team.

Good work from the Pacers last night.

Even if the Pacers lose game 7, at least we have beat the hell out of the Knicks and they’ll be depleted going into the Celts series (four or five games max).

Last edited:
Good work from the Pacers last night.

Even if the Pacers lose game 7, at least we have beat the hell out of the Knicks and they’ll be depleted going into the Celts series (four or five games max).
I get the impression the Knicks have been sparring with us. They’ve known all along they only have to turn up the energy at home. It hasn’t been a problem for them, yet. I give the Pacers zero chance. If they couldn’t win it with Reggie…

Prove me wrong, Pacers! Even crows taste good to a hungry man with the proper seasonings.

I get the impression the Knicks have been sparring with us. They’ve known all along they only have to turn up the energy at home. It hasn’t been a problem for them, yet. I give the Pacers zero chance. If they couldn’t win it with Reggie…

Prove me wrong, Pacers! Even crows taste good to a hungry man with the proper seasonings.
This team could beat the Knicks. They’re only +2 and had a shot the first two games. I have my doubts though, road game 7 is tough and this team is still young and learning playoff ball.

This team could beat the Knicks. They’re only +2 and had a shot the first two games. I have my doubts though, road game 7 is tough and this team is still young and learning playoff ball.
Oh, sure they could beat the Knicks, but they won’t, after all “Its Indiana!”, genetically built to disappoint.

• Haha
My hope is that the team still remembers the ass whooping they received five days ago and comes out tough and ready to compete.

If the Pacers get a fair game, they'll have a great chance to win game seven. And game sevens usually go away from the 'always heavily favor the home team' NBA way, and get called mostly fairly. They just game it until then for the revenue.

I believe the Pacers will win this series.

This Pacer team is young and going through their first playoff run. They aren’t winning it all this year.

True. They’re already playing with house money, and the future is bright. Yet I still feel they can easily beat the Knicks today if they shoot well and control the tempo. Although the officiating in the Garden has been super sketchy and the officials seem to deliver extra possessions for the Knicks, and the pacers will have to overcome that today.

Nice first half. I’m sure the Knicks will make it close in the 4th, especially with this Pacer D. Eeek.

Nice first half. I’m sure the Knicks will make it close in the 4th, especially with this Pacer D. Eeek.
Burks is the one killing us.

Plus, it looked like the Pacers relaxed starting about midpoint of the second quarter. Siakim's one-on-one travel was just him trying to show off.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
17, 3 min left.

Man, a few backups come in and play like they've never seen a basketball. Was a bit scary. But right after the timeout ran it back up.

Now the announcers talking up the mighty Knicks season. Whaddabout the good guys?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT