ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread: Indiana vs Northwestern

Good effort and comeback. Showed some heart and that has been lacking all too often in recent years and with many of these players. Showed what some resilience and defense can do, and many, MANY coachable moments. Every player out there can come up with 2 pts they could have scored or influenced and that at least gets us to OT. Two of them and we get a win. They battled back and gave themselves a chance. Buie was muy... bueno.

Great comeback effort with a questionable no call at the end. JHS’ shot was clooooose

The first half start killed us, zero bench contribution killed us and we fought atrocious refereeing the entire game. I’m calling it a win simply for peace of mind. Of course by the book, losing to NW twice by a combined 3 points - brutal. Could cost important seeding in BIG and NCAA tourneys :(.

Reactions: kkott
The first half start killed us, zero bench contribution killed us and we fought atrocious refereeing the entire game. I’m calling it a win simply for peace of mind. Of course by the book, losing to NW twice by a combined 3 points - brutal. Could cost important seeding in BIG and NCAA tourneys :(.
Beat NW one time and you are likely a game out of first place: JFC.

Damn those tech free throws seem like kind of a big deal now….
Phuck that. I like those. Woodson should never take any crap off B10 refs. Especially that one. Knight never did. History shows that strong coaches in this league get calls. Looks at Izzo's whiny ass. Might not help us tonight but Woodson needs to establish himself as the alpha male coach in the league.

Not even mad

The refs are just bad, they literally fouled every single time.

The Big is almost unbearable to watch and listen to.

Robbie is good, the rest are homers

Good comeback but I would have liked to have seen an actual fight lol

I can’t stand they way NW played tonight. If they did this to Purdont then I understand why they are pissed too

The first half start killed us, zero bench contribution killed us and we fought atrocious refereeing the entire game. I’m calling it a win simply for peace of mind. Of course by the book, losing to NW twice by a combined 3 points - brutal. Could cost important seeding in BIG and NCAA tourneys
We can’t afford to feel sorry for ourselves. Next order of business has to be blowing out Illinois on Saturday.

Reactions: kkott
Great comeback effort.

What the hell was that lob pass by JHS? He’s very talented, but he isn’t a good passing PG yet. Made a great offensive play after that though.
We are not a good passing team, especially to perimeter shooters. Lots of lazy passes, too many bounce passes, and lots of passes that don't hit guys where they need it to get right into their shot. I think we could get 3-4 more 3 attempts just by hitting guys with good crisp passes in their pocket to get into their shot.

Reactions: .Gerdis and BigMobe
Rewatched the game with the emotion removed. NW got away with murder over an over again. Down low, there was a lot of hacking and contact not called against them. Nearly impossible to make many of those shots when you get mugged. We should have shot 30+ FTs. I wish we would have ****ing clobbered their bitch asses down low, and take a tech. Maybe then they will try to get the game under control.

Regardless, we also missed some wide open shots and FTs that could have made the difference in that first half.

That midget ref needs to be shit canned. He is absolute garbage. If we don’t have fans ready to mock his ass with signs, then we aren’t doing our job. He already hates us. We might as well show how much we hate his ass right back. FTMF.

Let’s see how this team responds to this. Need to come back strong and we really need to steal one more on the road. We blew a good chance last night.

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
Hahahahaha! Little brother lost!!! 1980!

Quite the ass beating the PUkes took tonight, huh?

9e52786f-e5b4-445a-b680-725fc39a1767_text.gif

To be fair, we did the same to Haarms.

Let college kids be college kids
By "we" I hope you mean some of the students.

I don't like when it happens anywhere but was satisfied that Glass publicly apologized and sent an email to students about it. Gragg didn't do this, Bobinski didn't do this and it has happened there more than once, etc.

And this is not a justtifications, but Miller did nothing wrong but try to better himself and he got this treatment. Haarms was jumping around like a ferret on crack in front of the students pointing at them and then got the treatment when he threw an IU player to the floor on a tie up.

I don't like when it happens anywhere but was satisfied that Glass publicly apologized and sent an email to students about it. Gragg didn't do this, Bobinski didn't do this and it has happened there more than once, etc.

And this is not a justtifications, but Miller did nothing wrong but try to better himself and he got this treatment. Haarms was jumping around like a ferret on crack in front of the students pointing at them and then got the treatment when he threw an IU player to the floor on a tie up.
I've never seen an actual ferret on crack, but that is damn near a perfect description of that weirdo.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
We are not a good passing team, especially to perimeter shooters. Lots of lazy passes, too many bounce passes, and lots of passes that don't hit guys where they need it to get right into their shot. I think we could get 3-4 more 3 attempts just by hitting guys with good crisp passes in their pocket to get into their shot.
100% agree. It's amazing how many times our guys are open and ready to shoot only to have to reach, scoop, or jump for the pass. Hard as hell to shoot out of rhythm like that.

That wasn't just "some of the students"

It was clear as day on TV. It was relatively big news.

I don't really care, too be totally honest. That doesn't change the fact that it was not a great look for IU.
You surely do seem to care “too” be honest. You seem to care enough to come here and sob about it. I never posted on your board about it.

It wasn’t a great look for IU, PU, NU or anywhere else it happens. The differentiation being that IU publicly apologized and reprimanded the students that did it.

Of the three noted, only PU had a player jumping around like a ferret on crack in front of the students that then cursed him.

Hope this helps.

You surely do seem to care “too” be honest. You seem to care enough to come here and sob about it. I never posted on your board about it.

It wasn’t a great look for IU, PU, NU or anywhere else it happens. The differentiation being that IU publicly apologized and reprimanded the students that did it.

Of the three noted, only PU had a player jumping around like a ferret on crack in front of the students that then cursed him.

Hope this helps.
No, I don't. But it's delusional to act like it was just a small thing.

There is a big difference between chanting "IU sucks" (admittedly low class, but very true) and "**** you Haarms"

I'm assuming the real reason you don't post anywhere but here is because takes like this get dismantled quickly.

No, I don't. But it's delusional to act like it was just a small thing.

There is a big difference between chanting "IU sucks" (admittedly low class, but very true) and "**** you Haarms"

I'm assuming the real reason you don't post anywhere but here is because takes like this get dismantled quickly.
Wut?

Reread my post dipshit.

Of course you are the same guy that proclaimed that your back court is more talented than ours

I didn’t compare our students chanting FUH to all your fans chanting IU Sucks. I compared it to your fans chanting FU to Dickinson and IU.

But if we do, we will notice that Glass publicly apologized the neat day and chastised the students that did it. Still waiting on your Bobinski aren’t we?

Oh, and if you want to talk about your students and alumni chanting IU sucks at all games and events….please please please don’t ever stop doing that. We love it.

It defines your fan base

Hope this helps dipshit

Last edited:
Wut?

Reread my post dipshit.

Of course you are the same guy that proclaimed that your back court is more talented than ours

I didn’t compare our students chanting FUH to all your fans chanting IU Sucks. I compared it to your fans chanting FU to Dickinson and IU.

But if we do, we will notice that Glass publicly apologized the neat day and chastised the students that did it. Still waiting on your Bobinski aren’t we?

Oh, and if you want to talk about your students and alumni chanting IU sucks at all games and events….please please please don’t ever stop doing that. We love it.

It defines your fan base

Hope this helps dipshit
I've read it somewhere on here during the last couple of days. I couldn't remember exactly from whom.

I'm not even being trying to be rude when I say this, but the things you, @HoosierJimbo89 and @B1G_Fan say all just kind of run together for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT