ADVERTISEMENT

OC (& Other Coaching?) News - 5 days away - like a signing day almost

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Since bowls will be over and coaches convention going on, sounds like Jan 7th is the last day for convention. Perhaps it could take longer, but I'm speculating the IU OC announcement will happen by then. Like a signing day, this is an exciting big hire for IU, just hope they get a good one!

Still begs question, will anyone else on the staff be making a move or not coming back? Hagen & Hart - if get new outside OC - could be candidates to test the water. Hope they don't! Just a fact they could. And love Inge as a recruiter, IU man to the core, but would have to say his debut as STC was not a great first year result.

I'll let Coach Allen & Glass do their thing, but for fans, it can be great to see programs evolve, hopefully with great new hires, just like the start last year with the new S/C crew who I do believe are doing a great job. Hoping for some good stuff ahead this week.

Do we have a new Special Teams coordinator yet? That’d be 3 new coordinators in one offseason. Ouch.

Last edited:
You can bet that we will have several coaches in San Antonio next weekend. It’s a convention of thousands of coaches, some looking to hire and some hoping to be hired.
This is all networking. Tom Allen is also in the Fellowship of Christian Coaches. This is not pure desperation. These guys all know each other. This is the one profession you can get canned and have a job somewhere within a few weeks if not days. I think they will do a national search and have a host of names they can select or they have somebody already and announce it next Monday.

I believe TA was out in front of this and hope we know by Friday. Players are coming back now. I hope we know by Friday. We have 5 spots to fill. It's been reported our strength staff were getting around 100% pay raises so hopefully our coaches get some new money. 2 really good recruiting classes. If we are investing in continuity for another year we need to compete salary wise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT