ADVERTISEMENT

Noodle's Ala Carte - making some $ by selling your old family photos

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
This is, well, weird. It appears that someone is selling old family photos on eBay. And they're not even decent photos - just random 3 1/2 x 5 or 4 x 6 snapshots. Also, it's not like you're buying the copyright in the photos (i.e., you could not use the photos in advertising, for example, just because you buy one of his prints). Bizarre.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Other-Cont...=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=pauleagleauctions&_sac=1

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

People can post anything for sale, I wonder if anyone is buying. I recall a couple years ago there was a Facebook post going around about how Disney movies on VHS, the ones that originally came out, were listing for hundreds of dollars on E-bay. And it was true, they were being listed for $400-$500 or more. But I never saw one get sold. I think someone stumbled onto a horde of them and tried to start some rumor they were worth hundreds hoping to unload at that high rate. I don't think it worked.

People can post anything for sale, I wonder if anyone is buying. I recall a couple years ago there was a Facebook post going around about how Disney movies on VHS, the ones that originally came out, were listing for hundreds of dollars on E-bay. And it was true, they were being listed for $400-$500 or more. But I never saw one get sold. I think someone stumbled onto a horde of them and tried to start some rumor they were worth hundreds hoping to unload at that high rate. I don't think it worked.
True. And if you look at the seller's previous sales they are all set to private so you can't figure out if he sold any.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT