ADVERTISEMENT

No surprise here, Ware declares for the draft.

Yeah, if he is guaranteed to be a first-round pick, it's hard to pass that up. Even at 24th he's at least a guaranteed $4.5 mil with a 3rd year option to turn it into $7 mil? I imagine the only way he will consider coming back is if he really likes being in college AND the NIL deal was more than at least 1 year of his 1st year salary. I don't see him getting $2.5 mil in NIL. ha

Reactions: Tammany Hall
I cannot believe some people actually thought he might come back. Anyway this will be by hard the biggest hole woodson will have to try and fille. He carried the team on his back many games.
It's possible that he may depending on workouts and forthcoming projections. Actually, it should be an easy hole to fill, as Woodson and staff have proven to be effective developers of bigs.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Yeah, if he is guaranteed to be a first-round pick, it's hard to pass that up. Even at 24th he's at least a guaranteed $4.5 mil with a 3rd year option to turn it into $7 mil? I imagine the only way he will consider coming back is if he really likes being in college AND the NIL deal was more than at least 1 year of his 1st year salary. I don't see him getting $2.5 mil in NIL. ha
The contract math is a non-brainer. He made it — an NBA lotto pick — that is a small group. Got to take it.

Probably about a 1% chance he comes back at best. They would have to pony up 3 million in NIL miniumum to get him back I bet. It will not happen imo.

It's possible that he may depending on workouts and forthcoming projections. Actually, it should be an easy hole to fill, as Woodson and staff have proven to be effective developers of bigs.
He thrives in workout settings. Hes 100% gone. He will kill it at the combine.

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
He’s probably gone, but he does have a lot of bad tape to explain at Oregon. Woodson did a great job with him, and I hope he gets drafted. Replacing two centers because they got drafted is a good problem for Woodson.
He has way more good tape. The Oregon stuff has been answered. Hope he gets drafted? What have you seen to think he’s not?

Dolson gonna give Woody another $1M raise for this? He’s doing his damn job, right? It’s all about getting guys to the league these days.

Reactions: Lucy01
Where is Painter coming up with these 7 foot players.... that hang around for 4 years.

They have Edey, a senior, and also this 7'-2" kid, Will Berg a freshman.

Edey from Toronto and Berg from Stockholm, Sweden, a redshirt freshman last year and four full years of eligibility that started this year.

Where is Painter coming up with these 7 foot players.... that hang around for 4 years.

Edey from Toronto and Berg from Stockholm, Sweden, a redshirt freshman last year and four full years of eligibility that started this year.
Find raw talent and keep them around.

Haas, Haarms, Edey, now Berg. Most of these dudes weren't stiffs either, kudos to Painter for finding them.

Dolson gonna give Woody another $1M raise for this? He’s doing his damn job, right? It’s all about getting guys to the league these days.
It doesn't hurt, nor does it hurt when they come back to campus on their week off to heap praise on their former coach.

Personally, I would prefer good basketball and a couple of more wins than consistently placing guys in the league. These days, most of the elite talent has their foot out the door before they even set foot on campus.

He has way more good tape. The Oregon stuff has been answered. Hope he gets drafted? What have you seen to think he’s not?
His Oregon tape, missed games, and a knee buckle. If Ware senses the possibility of slipping to the second round, he may come back and work with Woodson for another year. I think it all depends on how NBA executives view his maturity level. No one is going to hold his hand in the NBA.

Teams will hardly look at his old Oregon tape — the most recent season is more relevant and he figured it out.
Right, executives will pay millions of dollars for an employee without looking at all their tape and calling former coaches. You know how it works.

It doesn't hurt, nor does it hurt when they come back to campus on their week off to heap praise on their former coach.

Personally, I would prefer good basketball and a couple of more wins than consistently placing guys in the league. These days, most of the elite talent has their foot out the door before they even set foot on campus.
"These days, most of the elite talent has their foot out the door before they even set foot on campus."

It's like a double edge sword. The Elite talent that is out for "Themselves", are usually not going to play TEAM BALL. They want to promote themselves for the Draft, so it is either be-damned with the team and try to showcase their own skills at the expense of losing games and hoping scouts see their talent for Pros.... or Showcase your talent as a TEAM PLAYER, while also showing that you can Play with others and win games.

I would think if you were an NBA team looking for talent, you would want a TEAM PLAYER, as well as talent, because you will need that type of player to win NBA Championships.

Just my two cents worth.

Yes, it is about getting guys to the league, so they can make millions of dollars to change their lives and their family’s lives. Did you think it was about the fans? Did you think it was about you?

He has another 7'3 guy coming in next year. You know darn well in few years he will be stud. This guy is ranked like 140th so even way higher than edey was.

Purdue men’s basketball landed a commitment from Daniel Jacobsen, a four-star 7’3” center in the class of 2024, on Friday evening.

Yes, it is about getting guys to the league, so they can make millions of dollars to change their lives and their family’s lives. Did you think it was about the fans? Did you think it was about you?
Ware has made big strides in his game especially over the last third of the season. Hope he gets a big contract and is successful in the league for many years

His Oregon tape, missed games, and a knee buckle. If Ware senses the possibility of slipping to the second round, he may come back and work with Woodson for another year. I think it all depends on how NBA executives view his maturity level. No one is going to hold his hand in the NBA.
His Oregon tape was relevant last year. WTF are you arguing? Missed games? Knee buckle? That would be a strong reason to go in the draft. He’s going first round and that’s not debatable. Not sure what you’ve been watching.

He’s probably gone, but he does have a lot of bad tape to explain at Oregon. Woodson did a great job with him, and I hope he gets drafted. Replacing two centers because they got drafted is a good problem for Woodson.
Are you kidding me? He was a Freshman in college last year.

Have we really gotten to the point that 18 year old kids aren't allowed a year to adjust from high school to college? Some kids make the adjustment seemlessly and some don't

Are NBA scouts going to care that Ware took a year to make the change in the speed of the game and the effort required? Of course not. LOL

In fact, Ware continued to get better as his Sophomore year went along. They'll DEFINITELY take note of that...

Are you kidding me? He was a Freshman in college last year.

Have we really gotten to the point that 18 year old kids aren't allowed a year to adjust from high school to college? Some kids make the adjustment seemlessly and some don't

Are NBA scouts going to care that Ware took a year to make the change in the speed of the game and the effort required? Of course not. LOL

In fact, Ware continued to get better as his Sophomore year went along. They'll DEFINITELY take note of that...
Maybe that’s what he should tell them when they ask him about it.

His Oregon tape was relevant last year. WTF are you arguing? Missed games? Knee buckle? That would be a strong reason to go in the draft. He’s going first round and that’s not debatable. Not sure what you’ve been watching.
Do you think the NBA drafts based on basketball talent alone?

A coach's job at a P5 school is about winning games. That's what Woody gets paid to do. If Woody loses and gets a bunch of players to the pros, do you think he keeps his job? LOL

If a bunch of players go to the pros while Woody also wins games, then that's fine. It'll help with future recruits. But players "making millions of dollars" and "changing their [players'] family's lives" isn't in a coach's primary job description.

You have some ... uh .... interesting opinions.

• Love
Reactions: Bucket Getter
A coach's job at a P5 school is about winning games. That's what Woody gets paid to do. If Woody loses and gets a bunch of players to the pros, do you think he keeps his job? LOL

If a bunch of players go to the pros while Woody also wins games, then that's fine. It'll help with future recruits. But players "making millions of dollars" and "changing their [players'] family's lives" isn't in a coach's primary job description.

You have some ... uh .... interesting opinions.
Do you view attracting/developing NBA players and winning as mutually exclusive?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT