ADVERTISEMENT

No panic but................

Maryland made some nice plays. Found some open guys. But the defense came up with plenty of key covers. And the pass rush, very nice! Run defense, solid. Same as it ever was so far this year.

I thought the D was suspect at times but they appear to have a decent foundation to build upon...

I know Maryland has recruited well over the past 4 years so those were some quality athletes we were up against...

Plenty of coaching points to work on next week...

I said what I said and it was somewhat echoed by the coach in his after game comments. Good, not great and stuff to work on. Like the title of the thread, No panic but....... Oh and to the few that decided to get a bit personal, yea I do watch football. Today was solid but 28 points is too many. Maryland should have been shown the door early.

It still feels to me we're not undersized, but not big, in the defensive backfield without high end speed. If someone gets a step on us they keep it and make the catch. Safeties maybe not elite wheels to get over.
But then again, despite that frustrating 'feel', I saw a lot of well defensed balls. So was happy. B1G ten level competition. Did well.
My preseason fear we'd get it run down our throat has not come to pass. The D-line is clearly better than I expected. Which is very cool. Maybe depth, but if that defense stays healthy, they can play.

28 pts? Too many for me. Especially the last score.
I’ll have to review the game again tonight but one of those “catches” they had, maybe their first TD? Guy landed in bounds? I know they overturned the other where the dude clearly landed out on his elbow.
Maryland had 112 yards rushing and 75 yards came on a single running play. That means 37 total rushing yards during the course of their 4 quarters of play.
Their QB Edwards is no slouch. He is a player. But we had him under duress and that played a huge factor. One completely fluke TD for them where the ball pinballed off IU triple coverage into their hands.

There was a lot to like about this game as many thought it would be the toughest game so far this year. IU won easily like they did against a good UCLA team. This IU team is far better than many think it is and we will see that over the next few weeks.
Dinardo said post game today, that he felt UCLA is a good team. Better than people are giving them credit for when down rating Indiana's schedule.

I think this is a perfect game for the coaching staff; we win but show that we can play alot better. Today should help the coaches fight complacency and letdowns over the next few games.

Some lax defense today and offensive miscues. No team is perfect I know and overall IU played better than than anytime during the last few years but still didn't like the ease of some of the scores Maryland made.
I think Coach will express your concerns to the team.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT