ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Week 1 kickoff tourney

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Planning to set up a contest for week 1 of the NFL slate which is the weekend games starting 9/11 and including Monday night (screw Thursday night).

Since its week 1 I'm thinking $10 entry with top 5 cashing. As always I use draft kings to host. Usually for the major golf tourneys we get 25 entries. I really don't know how many on here will be interested so I'll use this thread as a barometer to figure out how many entries to accept. After 20 people I can increase the entries by 5. There's always the risk of not filling the contest in which case we don't play and everyone gets their money back.

So respond to this thread if you're interested and send me your DK username for the invite. You can always email me as well at eppy99@gmail.com.

Reactions: cryano
Planning to set up a contest for week 1 of the NFL slate which is the weekend games starting 9/11 and including Monday night (screw Thursday night).

Since its week 1 I'm thinking $10 entry with top 5 cashing. As always I use draft kings to host. Usually for the major golf tourneys we get 25 entries. I really don't know how many on here will be interested so I'll use this thread as a barometer to figure out how many entries to accept. After 20 people I can increase the entries by 5. There's always the risk of not filling the contest in which case we don't play and everyone gets their money back.

So respond to this thread if you're interested and send me your DK username for the invite. You can always email me as well at eppy99@gmail.com.
In.

Reactions: Eppy99
Invites have been sent. Entry fee is $5 with 30 contestants and the top 5 cash. If you didn't receive an invite and would like to play respond to thread or drop me a line.

After week 1 I'll be setting up a weekly contest using the new Draft Kings leagues they just rolled out. Basically the league has its own lobby so I can post the weekly contest and anyone can post h2h contests as well. There's also a leaderboard/standings so that in theory could be cool. Below is the link to my league. Anyone can join and it's doesn't require you to play any contest you're not interested in. I'll be using this mostly for football and golf.

https://dkn.gs/r/oGyip7ektUa51RtHgN5orQ

I'll be looking later. Just noticed this today ... but I've never played dk.

And now that I typed that ... I don't really want to either.

"So who's on your dk roster?"
I won't finalize a roster until about 30 minutes to the contest starting. It's worth trying once.

Basically you have 50k to create a lineup. The better players have higher salaries so you can't just stack the best players on your team. Draft kings starts 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1 flex and 1 def. There is a 1 point ppr plus additional bonus scoring.

Give it a week and see if you like it.

I won't finalize a roster until about 30 minutes to the contest starting. It's worth trying once.

Basically you have 50k to create a lineup. The better players have higher salaries so you can't just stack the best players on your team. Draft kings starts 1qb 2rb 3wr 1 te 1 flex and 1 def. There is a 1 point ppr plus additional bonus scoring.

Give it a week and see if you like it.
Duh.

Its much better than a traditional fantasy fb experience, where half the league quits setting lineups in Week 9, and two dick faces make silly ass trades is week 12...
Every week starts over - and every week pays out!

Play you weenies!

Reactions: Eppy99
Its much better than a traditional fantasy fb experience, where half the league quits setting lineups in Week 9, and two dick faces make silly ass trades is week 12...
Every week starts over - and every week pays out!

Play you weenies!
dont-be-a-weenie.jpg

So at this point we've got 15/30 spots filled. Would love to get some new people who have never tried DK or Fanduel.

I've always been a season long player but I've slowly been moving all my action to DK. It's a totally different experience than season long. I like that every week is a new challenge to come up with the ultimate lineup.

So, for kicks I sent out some invites to a few well known DFS media guys in the industry. I actually got Adam Levitan to join. He might kick all our asses, but it's kinda cool he joined our contest. For those that don't know him, he writes columns on Draft Kings, he's a part of Fantasy Labs and does the Daily Football Edge Podcast. This should spice up our contest a bit IMHO.

So, for kicks I sent out some invites to a few well known DFS media guys in the industry. I actually got Adam Levitan to join. He might kick all our asses, but it's kinda cool he joined our contest. For those that don't know him, he writes columns on Draft Kings, he's a part of Fantasy Labs and does the Daily Football Edge Podcast. This should spice up our contest a bit IMHO.
I'm out. Idiot.

4 spots left. Somebody with the username karandolph6 joined? Which of you peeps is that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT