ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Bball Starters

duvallj

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2001
I think next season we'll see a roster that could go 11-deep with significant minutes. It will go something like this, with starters and back-ups:

Starters:
C – Kel’el Ware (7-0) Soph
PF - Malik Reneau (6-9) Soph
SF - Mackenzie Mgbako (6-8) Fr
PG - Xavier Johnson (6-3) Sr
SG - Trey Galloway (6-4) Jr

Back-ups
C – Peyton Sparks (6-9) Soph
PF – Anthony Walker (6-9) Sr
SF - Kaleb Banks (6-8) So
PG – Gabe Cupps (6-1) Fr
SG – Jakai Newton (6-5) Fr / C. J. Gunn (6-4) So

That said, I think ALL of the back-ups will see significant minutes, and could surpass the starters depending on their development. Unless he can score more from 3, Galloway could cede minutes at shooting guard, but he should start based on his experience and all-around game. If Mgbako takes time to develop, Banks could step up. Whoever at PF develops a good medium-range shooting touch could see expanded minutes. Obviously Xavier will be our starting point guard, but I'm eager to see if Gabe Cupps is as good a point guard as advertised, and if his defense is good enough to keep him on the floor. Sparks could easily take Race Thompson's minutes as a rebounded and defender. I don't know as much about Walker, but coming off the bench at Miami, he might be pretty good too. In short, this will be the most competitive team from top to bottom since the Zeller-Oladipo team. I'm jazzed.

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News