ADVERTISEMENT

Next IU football coach should be……

I wanted Rod Carey when we went with Allen. I think IU needs an offensive head coach like Lynch was so we can at least lose exciting games- so why not just bring up the entire WKU staff? Or make Mike Leach say no since at least IU’s conference looks more stable than does the PAC-16

Reactions: DANC
I wanted Rod Carey when we went with Allen. I think IU needs an offensive head coach like Lynch was so we can at least lose exciting games- so why not just bring up the entire WKU staff? Or make Mike Leach say no since at least IU’s conference looks more stable than does the PAC-16
Leach is already in the SEC, at Mississippi State. He's been paid ($5.5 million salary). . . and ain't leaving MSU for IU.

A buddy of mine is an MSU fan, and he's thrilled with Leach. Good luck trying to get Leach's attention.

Leach is already in the SEC, at Mississippi State. He's been paid ($5.5 million salary). . . and ain't leaving MSU for IU.

A buddy of mine is an MSU fan, and he's thrilled with Leach. Good luck trying to get Leach's attention.
Leach——Another cool coach IU could’ve hired a few years back.

I wonder if Jim Murphy is still at Harvard and still interested in the IU job.

Remember the night Hoeppner was hired? Word had broken a couple hours before that IU had hired Bobby Elliott, and that he’d told his guys at KSU (where he was DC) that he had accepted the IU job.

But IU had concerns about his health and went with hoeppner instead.

• Wow
Reactions: Sope Creek
Leach——Another cool coach IU could’ve hired a few years back.

I wonder if Jim Murphy is still at Harvard and still interested in the IU job.

Remember the night Hoeppner was hired? Word had broken a couple hours before that IU had hired Bobby Elliott, and that he’d told his guys at KSU (where he was DC) that he had accepted the IU job.

But IU had concerns about his health and went with hoeppner instead.
I don't remember hearing about Bobby Elliott at all.

Hep was a great hire. We can't control cancer.

Reactions: IUAPEX
Too early to throw the towel in on this season; but, the clock is ticking loudly. As much as I like CTA ( and I'm all in on LEO...fire away if you want) if we crash and burn to 3-9 a change MUST be made. We all saw the stands last Saturday, that will only get worse unless things change.

That said, if it does happen my first call is to Kalen DeBoer. PAC 12 is dying and it is possible UDub is left hanging.

No luck there? I go to successful coaches at G5 and FCS programs : North Dakota St., James Madison, Appalachian St., WKU, UTSA, etc. You're getting most of a staff that has proven successful together. You want an IU connection? Kane Wommack; almost beat undefeated, #9 UCLA in the Rose Bowl.

Or get a Bo Pellini or someone like him. Successful but run out of P5. I thought Illinois made a mistake with Bielema and he only had success because he followed Alvarez. Looks like I was wrong.

Like many on here, I'm not sold on hot shot coordinators as the answer. Look at Oklahoma this season after hiring Venables, who has been seen as the best available coordinator for years. Choose proven, head coaching success.
I think the Fighting Kane Wommacks play on tv tonight (ESPNU iirc)

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT