ADVERTISEMENT

New Orleans

if he acknowledged that states have control then his bs about dems being responsible for any and all woes that occur in cities would go down the drain.

gotta let him keep his hyper partisan fantasyland.
Really dumb shit? It’s literally about control. The state doesn’t have it.

And the reason so many of the worst cities are in republican states is because the states take the money and don’t give it back for things like transit, police, etc. Rednecks hate cities. Atlanta is constantly fighting these battle and is lucky emogh that metro is more populated than the rest of the state.

Really dumb shit? It’s literally about control. The state doesn’t have it.

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

Uhhhh city earnings tax is the largest source of revenue. Are you hickory’s other handle?

Yeah. that’s 1 percent tax and residents give additional 2% to state. How in the F is that independant? Sure, the individual city agencies might have “autonomy” but that’s true in every state. The money is what matters. And they’re still subject to state law.

It’s unreal
I don't know if either one of them took a civics class. The idea that they don't understand that city policy is decided at the local level by elected officials and appointees is kind of mind boggling.

The idea that money from the state means the state controls the city sheds light on how they view the fed's relationship with the states. Central control without any personal, local, or state autonomy is apparently their Shangri-La.

And the reason so many of the worst cities are in republican states is because the states take the money and don’t give it back for things like transit, police, etc. Rednecks hate cities. Atlanta is constantly fighting these battle and is lucky emogh that metro is more populated than the rest of the state.
Local transit and police departments are meant to be paid for by local tax dollars, not state.

State's only step in with grants after Democrat city government once again fails to budget correctly.

I don't know if either one of them took a civics class. The idea that they don't understand that city policy is decided at the local level by elected officials and appointees is kind of mind boggling.

The idea that money from the state means the state controls the city sheds light on how they view the fed's relationship with the states. Central control without any personal, local, or state autonomy is apparently their Shangri-La.

Well, if you could read, you’d know that this started because he was talking about St. Louis special independace. And if you don’t believe states control cities by money I can’t help you. I guess you’ve just never lived in a city.

Yeah. that’s 1 percent tax and residents give additional 2% to state. How in the F is that independant? Sure, the individual city agencies might have “autonomy” but that’s true in every state. The money is what matters. And they’re still subject to state law.

I mean it’s shocking. Sobester your sentence reads how in the f is that independent then you say sure they have autonomy. Are you just a troll? Hooky is exactly right. Calif receives fed funds you don’t think calif decides its own state policy? Police fire he are paid by city earnings tax. But regardless of the source of funds it’s controlled by local policy. I literally showed you an article evidencing same

I mean it’s shocking. Sobester your sentence reads how in the f is that independent then you say sure they have autonomy. Are you just a troll? Hooky is exactly right. Calif receives fed funds you don’t think calif decides its own state policy? Police fire he are paid by city earnings tax. But regardless of the source of funds it’s controlled by local policy. I literally showed you an article evidencing same

States have autonomy but what happens if they lower the drinking age?

Well, if you could read, you’d know that this started because he was talking about St. Louis special independace. And if you don’t believe states control cities by money I can’t help you. I guess you’ve just never lived in a city.
Stl city doesn’t have a county. They operate like all other cities with respect to policy. Seriously have you ever taken a civics course?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Stl city doesn’t have a county. They operate like all other cities with respect to policy. Seriously have you ever taken a civics course?

I’m worried you are going to go out and murder someone and your defense is going to be there is no law in St. Louis against it.

I’m worried you are going to go out and murder someone and your defense is going to be there is no law in St. Louis against it.
Just need a progressive soros da.

• Love
Reactions: hookyIU1990
cause or effect?

Any city with McMurt in it is bound to become a shithole. Maybe he even fouled the air in Bloomington with his presence at some point

why do you think knight struggled towards the end of his career at IU and Cam Cam imploded at the same time.....it was the mcmurt effect.

Reactions: UncleMark
Crime and shitty schools also describe Indy, but Indy is thriving far more than it seems STL is.

Are you saying subsidies and vouchers to private schools to compete with public education as championed by the state legislature since 201i haven't helped the "shitty schools" in Indianapolis ?

Are you saying subsidies and vouchers to private schools to compete with public education as championed by the state legislature since 201i haven't helped the "shitty schools" in Indianapolis ?
I dunno man...they were bussing kids from Arlington and Shortridge IPS districts out to us in Lawrence Township back in 1981...don't think it was because of vouchers though.

Are you in Indiana? IndyStar had a pretty good report just about a week ago on who's using those vouchers. I wouldn't say I was shocked.

Reactions: hoot1
Are you in Indiana? IndyStar had a pretty good report just about a week ago on who's using those vouchers. I wouldn't say I was shocked.

KCM, live in Indianapolis and read the Star articles and was shocked.

The articles influenced my response to your post.

Greater Metro Indianapolis schools include Indianapolis Public Schools, Township public schools, lots of Charter schools, and surrounding County Public schools.

State testing scores show mixed results among charters and public schools with Indianapolis Public schools (original city limits before Unigov) consistently doing poorly.

Charters and vouchers have not seen the results hoped for.

Shitty results may be a little harsh. However, innovations to improve haven't lived up to the touted expectations.

Reactions: UncleMark
KCM, live in Indianapolis and read the Star articles and was shocked.

The articles influenced my response to your post.

Greater Metro Indianapolis schools include Indianapolis Public Schools, Township public schools, lots of Charter schools, and surrounding County Public schools.

State testing scores show mixed results among charters and public schools with Indianapolis Public schools (original city limits before Unigov) consistently doing poorly.

Charters and vouchers have not seen the results hoped for.

Shitty results may be a little harsh. However, innovations to improve haven't lived up to the touted expectations.
Abuse of the system by rich white folks that can afford to go to private schools already...and already were, in many/most cases.

Reactions: hoot1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT