ADVERTISEMENT

New 2024 Uniforms

I'm a fan of simple, personally. I thought everyone liked the over designed Oregon/Maryland/chromed-out stuff?

Are simple unis coming back? Maybe may cargo shorts will be in too? One can dream.

On a serious note, I thought IU made a policy years back to go with official Crimson and to standardize it across all sports instead of having all of the different shades that were around in the 90s?

I'm a fan of simple, personally. I thought everyone liked the over designed Oregon/Maryland/chromed-out stuff?

Are simple unis coming back? Maybe may cargo shorts will be in too? One can dream.

On a serious note, I thought IU made a policy years back to go with official Crimson and to standardize it across all sports instead of having all of the different shades that were around in the 90s?
The AD (McNeely) spent a ton on that little exercise.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
It would have easier to just change the song lyrics. I hope nobody from the staff is wasting time working on uniform design.

Pics are starting to show up on social media. Definitely more red.

Phone problems at my end kept me from accessing your perfectly good links but I did find this article that allowed me to (sort of see them):

From what I'm seeing I like them...

The most important thing I'm seeing is INDIANA across the front of the jersey because it's tough to tell a TEAM that they're playing for the name on the front of the jersey if it's not on there...

Leaving other colors to other teams while sticking with our true school colors is always something I'll be on board with...

Another reason to be happy with both Dolson and Cignetti...

Sadly cargo shorts (a trimmer version) are already back.

And yes we try to standardize the colors.

Sadly cargo shorts (a trimmer version) are already back.

And yes we try to standardize the colors.
Bite your tongue sir. Cargo shorts are so practical for a man with small children in tow. The Mrs had her diaper bag to lug around at the zoo. I had plenty of cargo space on me.

And I refuse to be judged by the women of the world who made fanny packs and high waist mom jeans fashionable.

Pics are starting to show up on social media. Definitely more red.

I'm glad to move past the black accents of last year, but these are so, so plain. They lack something that makes them uniquely "Indiana." The spacing on the letters in "Indiana" is super odd. Adjust the kerning on the font, or use script Indiana.

The candy-striped shoulder accents we've seen occasionally in recent years were a nice way to make the uniforms distinctive without over-complicating them. Wish we would bring those back. Hoping we keep the crimson pearlescent lids - that's the best way to put red/crimson on a helmet.

It’s odd to me how the spacing between letters is different on the front (wider) than on the back.

It’s the same bitch I’ve had about Memorial Stadium for years. Last I checked, there were 6 different fonts used at various places around the stadium. That’s taboo in every graphic designer’s playbook.

Let's put the candy stripes to bed and reserve it for basketball. IUFB needs their own identity.
Candy stripes are used all over the athletic department now, from basketball to swimming, track, baseball, and others. They look great in so many applications and, no matter the sport, are distinctive to IU. Football shouldn't be any different.

Candy stripes are used all over the athletic department now, from basketball to swimming, track, baseball, and others. They look great in so many applications and, no matter the sport, are distinctive to IU. Football shouldn't be any different.
I tend to agree. Particularly when they’re done well, which I thought the slight candy stripe accent for FB was a nice touch without making it being distracting.

Cig has said he thinks the state name is important and a more or less a brand advantage. All the jerseys will probably have Indiana prominently on them. Probably no “Hoosiers” or the trident.
I think he's right. Having a state name is important when you have four major conferences. That said, they could probably work Hoosiers in somewhere, maybe on the collar.

I think he's right. Having a state name is important when you have four major conferences. That said, they could probably work Hoosiers in somewhere, maybe on the collar.
Do you work in the garment district? jk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT