ADVERTISEMENT

Neuheisel just now on CBS Sports Network...

A Boise St vs IU matchup would be fun. They can score too.
With the new setup, Boise St will either be the 4 seed with a bye, or the 12 seed with a 1st round road game. I think that's the only major flaw with the 12 team setup. Makes no sense to me that the non P4 qualifier gets special consideration for the 4 seed. I think we will host a 1st round game if we finish 11-1, as the 7/8 seed most likely. Any of the teams that would be at 9/10 will be very good. Most likely predictions today would be TX A&M, Tennessee, or Bama. So much can change though, and my wet dream is hosting ND in Bloomington.

With the new setup, Boise St will either be the 4 seed with a bye, or the 12 seed with a 1st round road game. I think that's the only major flaw with the 12 team setup. Makes no sense to me that the non P4 qualifier gets special consideration for the 4 seed. I think we will host a 1st round game if we finish 11-1, as the 7/8 seed most likely. Any of the teams that would be at 9/10 will be very good. Most likely predictions today would be TX A&M, Tennessee, or Bama. So much can change though, and my wet dream is hosting ND in Bloomington.
The top 4 conference champions get byes. Boise would have to jump the ACC champion (either undefeated Miami or 1 loss Clemson) AND the B12 champion. BYU and Iowa State are both undefeated and on a collision course in the championship game. Don't think we'll need to worry about Boise being a 4 seed especially considering they already have 1 loss.

The top 4 conference champions get byes. Boise would have to jump the ACC champion (either undefeated Miami or 1 loss Clemson) AND the B12 champion. BYU and Iowa State are both undefeated and on a collision course in the championship game. Don't think we'll need to worry about Boise being a 4 seed especially considering they already have 1 loss.
If they win out, including their conference championship game, there's a 62% chance they get the 4 seed. It's a flaw in the metrics they're using to seed. Their 1 loss was @ Oregon and they played them really tough. That loss keeps looking better. BYU and Iowa St playing each other in the Big 12 champ is just as likely as Kansas St being in that game. There is so much to left play out that it's a crap shoot to predict the conference champ game winners. That said, it's more likely that Boise St is the 4 seed than either BYU or Iowa St. Now watch Boise St lose at UNLV and make all of that moot.

If they win out, including their conference championship game, there's a 62% chance they get the 4 seed. It's a flaw in the metrics they're using to seed. Their 1 loss was @ Oregon and they played them really tough. That loss keeps looking better. BYU and Iowa St playing each other in the Big 12 champ is just as likely as Kansas St being in that game. There is so much to left play out that it's a crap shoot to predict the conference champ game winners. That said, it's more likely that Boise St is the 4 seed than either BYU or Iowa St. Now watch Boise St lose at UNLV and make all of that moot.
I just don't see how a 1 loss BYU or Iowa State (or Kansas St) is jumped by a 1 loss G5 team. Boise would have a much more compelling argument had they gone undefeated.

Reactions: red hornet
Iowa State and BYU will both lose

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT