ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska to allow fans for the baseball games at 75% capacity...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
They started allowing fans to their games about a month ago and just increased it to 75% capacity for their upcoming series with Rutgers. So obviously, it's IU and only IU calling the shots with the IU baseball attendance issue. Monroe County is allowing a limited number of fans to high school baseball games, so it's not them.

Last edited:
And apparently just announced 100% for football games? Did Coach Mercer hurt someone’s feelings in the AD’s office? Doesn’t make a helluva lot of sense.

Here's the list of teams allowing the general public in the Big Ten: Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue. Rest of schools are small crowds and only allow family and friends. I just went through every Big Ten policy and the other ten SPECIFICALLY state they are family and friends only still.

Should IU allow 500 fans in? I would certainly think that would be fine and would be very supportive of that, but please to everyone on the board STOP acting like IU is only Big Ten school still closed to public when 75% of schools in conference are not allowing fans in.

Last edited:
Reactions: muubell
Here's the list of teams allowing the general public in the Big Ten: Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue. Rest of schools are small crowds and only allow family and friends. I just went through every Big Ten policy and the other ten SPECIFICALLY state they are family and friends only still.

Should IU allow 500 fans in? I would certainly think that would be fine and would be very supportive of that, but please to everyone on the board STOP acting like IU is only Big Ten school still closed to public when 75% of schools in conference are not allowing fans in.
No one insinuated that IU is the only school barring the public, and you won't find any mention that IU is the only school doing it on the threads. This is an IU baseball forum, and we are pointing out the absurdity of it all AT IU, and hopefully the fans at the other schools are complaining also. If Nebraska and Purdue (which I didn't know) aren't having issues with allowing the general public to attend games to whatever limit, then what is the point of barring the general public at other schools? They say follow the science, but not allowing fans (except for family and friends) to outdoor sporting events is not following the science. The only reason I knew that Nebraska was allowing the public into their games was because I happen to see an article on it. I would bet the fans at the other schools aren't happy about it all either.

Reactions: mk23
No one insinuated that IU is the only school barring the public, and you won't find any mention that IU is the only school doing it on the threads. This is an IU baseball forum, and we are pointing out the absurdity of it all AT IU, and hopefully the fans at the other schools are complaining also. If Nebraska and Purdue (which I didn't know) aren't having issues with allowing the general public to attend games to whatever limit, then what is the point of barring the general public at other schools? They say follow the science, but not allowing fans (except for family and friends) to outdoor sporting events is not following the science. The only reason I knew that Nebraska was allowing the public into their games was because I happen to see an article on it. I would bet the fans at the other schools aren't happy about it all either.
Careful. Some of our local experts will call you pissy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT