ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska/Indiana Prediction Thread

IU 31
Nebraska 16
Nebraska should be the best defensive team We have faced thus far, so I don't think points will come as easily as They have up to this point. However, after 2 weeks of iffy Defense, I think the defense gets back on track and cranks up the Turnover machine.

Nebraska fan here, my thoughts...

1) Nebraska special teams are short bus special. IU will likely block a kick (at least one). Also, Nebraska's #1 kicker (use that term lightly) is not making the trip. It would not surprise me if Nebraska considers it 4-down territory to the 15-yard line. Wait a minute, that's a 32-yard field goal... never mind, 4-down territory will be from the 40 on in. The bigger joke, Nebraska has a special teams coach that makes $550k a year AND there is an assistant special teams coach.

2) Nebraska has been facing teams that are throwing different wrinkles at them and it seems to confuse the hell out of them. Other teams adjust at halftime, Nebraska does not. Other teams come into the game with a new (and unseen) scheme and Nebraska does not. Frustrating as hell to watch.

3) Raiola's completion percentage has gone down every game since the Colorado game. The BIG 10 defenses are not like that of the FCS and low hanging fruit of the Group of 5 schools. Because of this, his decision-making appears to be getting worse. He's been sacked 12 times this year. 10 of those came in 2 of the last 3 games.

4) Offensively, Nebraska has flailed a lot and that can be contributed primarily to its OC (Satterfield). That dude looks like a genius at times but then falls on the ground with his binky and starts sucking his thumb. However, there are times where Nebraska has run up and down the field and did not score.

5) Speaking of running, Nebraska's running game is becoming non-existent. Nebraska has solid RBs but have blinders on and will not break outside when half the side of the field is wide open. Nope, they follow their blockers. Nothing wrong with following coaching but good grief man... the Easy Button is there for the taking.

6) Talent-wise, Nebraska has better players overall but Indiana players are better coached. Cignetti is showing the country how it's supposed to be done. He doesn't relent. Matt Rhule thinks a 10-point lead is time to "take it easy" on the other team because he doesn't want to disrespect them. It's a bunch of mind-numbing crap because so much solid momentum has been killed because of that mentality.

7) Defense is Nebraska's hope. They are solid and will cause a lot of problems. Rutgers lived on Nebraska's side of the field but could only get a single score.

Prediction
I feel as though IU will come out with some different schemes and get Nebraska back on its heels. They will likely score early but Nebraska's defense will adjust. Defensively IU runs a multiple front with a lot of disguised packages and likes to move its guys around quite a bit. The only thing I think will help Nebraska offensively is IU's cover 2 and zone packages. Given time, Raiola will find the WRs. However, like most smart DCs, Nebraska won't see a lot of what they saw on film. IU will get some good field position due to Nebraska's special team follies - it's such a joke. IU's defense will be strong enough to stop Nebraska because they are disciplined and Nebraska's OC is lost. Nebraska will have a couple of good quarters and this game will be fun to watch until it isn't.

IU will lead 21 - 14 at the half and will win 35 - 20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT