ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Board Melting Fun! (nt)

Went by there a little while ago and they were melting down over an innocuous comment Cignetti made about their Defense being highly thought of by the national media and how this game might open some peoples eyes about INDIANA...

What a bunch of snowflakes!!! I suppose that's the certain result when their arrogance and hubris meets up with Reality... 🤣🤣🤣...

Zero sympathy for them... They wanted to see us on their schedule more frequently; hope they enjoyed the result.😎

Here's Cignetti's press conference... See if you can detect the horrid slight that he supposedly sent Nebraska's way... (hint: you may have to watch it twice)... -

-The Nebraska fans are unhinged...-

Went by there a little while ago and they were melting down over an innocuous comment Cignetti made about their Defense being highly thought of by the national media and how this game might open some peoples eyes about INDIANA...

What a bunch of snowflakes!!! I suppose that's the certain result when their arrogance and hubris meets up with Reality... 🤣🤣🤣...

Zero sympathy for them... They wanted to see us on their schedule more frequently; hope they enjoyed the result.😎

Here's Cignetti's press conference... See if you can detect the horrid slight that he supposedly sent Nebraska's way... (hint: you may have to watch it twice)... -

The Talking Heads sure thought highly of that defense we left smoking in a heap.

28 by starter + 28 by No. 2 QB = 56.

The Talking Heads sure thought highly of that defense we left smoking in a heap.

28 by starter + 28 by No. 2 QB = 56.
I was surprised how well QB #2 did. CCC made a post game comment about him still learning. I interpreted it as, at best, soft criticism. Unless some amazing recruit comes in, Jackson should be our starter for the next two years.
And if Rourke’s thumb causes him to miss time, he could be our guy next Saturday

Went over to their free board this morning before Church...
I'd swear some of those people post on the IU Hoops free board.
Emotional children...

I read 2 pages of their forum posts. They want several different coaches fired now, wonder if Riola will transfer next year, and have lost faith in their HC.
I didn’t think they were too much different than our basketball forums with Archie Miller or Woodson the last couple of years.
They want their NIL funds increased. They feel (likely correct) that buying players is the key to turn around programs.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I read 2 pages of their forum posts. They want several different coaches fired now, wonder if Riola will transfer next year, and have lost faith in their HC.
I didn’t think they were too much different than our basketball forums with Archie Miller or Woodson the last couple of years.
They want their NIL funds increased. They feel (likely correct) that buying players is the key to turn around programs.
Did you see any estimates of their NIL levels mentioned over there? I’m just curious.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I was 2nd row in section 31, and we had a lot of Nebraska fans around us. 20+ in a 3 row pocket right next to us. They were all confident that a Husker win was imminent. 1 group of them came in hot and were obnoxiously loud, and as they were chatting, I heard the same refrains that I had been reading online all week. "IU hasn't played anybody. Now you are going to get to see a real defense. You haven't seen 2 DE's like we have yet." Finally I piped up and said that they hadn't seen an offense like ours yet. I mentioned how anemic their offense had been and that they'd have to outscore us to win. Reminded them that Illinois has a terrible offense and dropped 31 on them in Lincoln. They asked me if I thought IU would score more than 31 and I said absolutely. They laughed and said there was no way that was going to happen.

Fast forward to after the INT to stop their drive to open the 2nd half and the mouthy group started to leave. I made sure to get their attention and ask if they still thought we wouldn't score 31 on them? They groaned and made their way to the exit as multiple IU fans wished them safe travels back to Nebraska.

I had a guy from Nebraska sitting in front on me.
When they won the toss and deferred he yelled NO.
I said you shouldn’t have done that,we will score on the first possession guaranteed,he just shook his head lol
He was actually pretty cool and didn’t say much as the beat down got worse.
He left at the start of the 4th quarter along with about 20-30 who sat a couple rows behind us.
They were pretty obnoxious at the beginning of the game and they got quieter and quieter after each touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT