ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Stats and ESPN FPI are out

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/701

IU leads Big in Both 3rd Down Defense and Offense Conversion PCT (OSU and Ore ground each other down, I think).

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...up/5/sort/efficiencies.offefficiency/dir/desc

IU leads both OSU and Ore in Offense Efficiency.

FPI dropped to 15th.

Hoosiers with the 3rd worst defensive efficiency in the Big Ten is interesting.

Nebraska with the 127th worst special teams efficiency in the country is inaccurate. Its impossible that there could be any team in the country with worse special teams than Nebraska.

Correct me if I am wrong but it doesn't feel like we create a whole lot of turnovers on defense. On offense, other than that MD game, we haven't turned the ball over very much, but I believe we have caused, what, 7 turnovers through 6 games? A .50 margin is better than the alternative but not great considering the lack of TO's on offense and our SOS so far.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Correct me if I am wrong but it doesn't feel like we create a whole lot of turnovers on defense. On offense, other than that MD game, we haven't turned the ball over very much, but I believe we have caused, what, 7 turnovers through 6 games? A .50 margin is better than the alternative but not great considering the mlack of TO's on offense and our SOS so far.
No, Not the TO machine perhaps preferred. Then again, T-25 in TFL (2nd in Big) and 10th in Team Sacks (1st in Big) get the defense off the field, for the 1st in Big 3rd Down Conversion % allowed. Thus, the defense need not gamble to create TOs. I think there is enough tape to say that the defense will make the play (pick) when offered.

The big difference is IU doesn’t beat itself with TOs … hard to lose TO margin with no fumbles.

In the first half of the MD game, the defense picked up the offense by not giving up any points off IU TOs. In the second half the offense picked up the defense by extending the lead after MD scores.

No, Not the TO machine perhaps preferred. Then again, T-25 in TFL (2nd in Big) and 10th in Team Sacks (1st in Big) get the defense off the field, for the 1st in Big 3rd Down Conversion % allowed. Thus, the defense need not gamble to create TOs. I think there is enough tape to say that the defense will make the play (pick) when offered.

The big difference is IU doesn’t beat itself with TOs … hard to lose TO margin with no fumbles.

In the first half of the MD game, the defense picked up the offense by not giving up any points off IU TOs. In the second half the offense picked up the defense by extending the lead after MD scores.

Did you know Maryland was the first FBS team in 10 seasons to lose a game where they finished +4 in turnovers. That says something very impressive about the resiliency of Indiana football.

But it also shines a bigger spotlight on Mike Locksley who is now 1-12 in Big Ten games without Tua's little brother at QB. In fact, Locksley is 9-30 in his career as a head coach with Tua's little brother.

Locksley is 2-22 in his career vs. Power conference opponents without Tua's little brother at QB.

Did you know Maryland was the first FBS team in 10 seasons to lose a game where they finished +4 in turnovers. That says something very impressive about the resiliency of Indiana football.

But it also shines a bigger spotlight on Mike Locksley who is now 1-12 in Big Ten games without Tua's little brother at QB. In fact, Locksley is 9-30 in his career as a head coach with Tua's little brother.

Locksley is 2-22 in his career vs. Power conference opponents without Tua's little brother at QB.
And he was an assistant at Alabama too.

Yeah, he cannot have much time left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT