ADVERTISEMENT

N Central v Southport

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
anyone go to this game? Where was it and impressions of the top players for each?

Yep I went. Southport really took it to them. It was close after the 1st, then up 9 at half and blew it open in the second half and going to a zone really was the key. It was played at Southport.

Wilkes had 18 I believe. He had moments where he looked good. He needs to demand the ball more and he needs to get stronger for sure. Good player who should only get better. His footwork was OK but again, he will improve that.

I was much more impressed with Scruggs. He really plays within himself. He's strong and can play fast but under control. Can really handle the ball well. Struggled from the line but I'm not sure what he normally shoots from there. Liked his demeanor on the floor and how he involves the entire team.

Again, it was only one game, but that's what I took away from it. Several coaches in the house including Crean.

I may try and head over Friday night to watch those games as well.

Yep I went. Southport really took it to them. It was close after the 1st, then up 9 at half and blew it open in the second half and going to a zone really was the key. It was played at Southport.

Wilkes had 18 I believe. He had moments where he looked good. He needs to demand the ball more and he needs to get stronger for sure. Good player who should only get better. His footwork was OK but again, he will improve that.

I was much more impressed with Scruggs. He really plays within himself. He's strong and can play fast but under control. Can really handle the ball well. Struggled from the line but I'm not sure what he normally shoots from there. Liked his demeanor on the floor and how he involves the entire team.

Again, it was only one game, but that's what I took away from it. Several coaches in the house including Crean.

I may try and head over Friday night to watch those games as well.

SHS '83. Would love to go to a game back in the fieldhouse someday, but I always think it's a great venue. How about Brunk, do you think we missed out on him? Seems like the type of kid we could use on our roster with how thin our frontline is. Thanks for the update.

SHS '83. Would love to go to a game back in the fieldhouse someday, but I always think it's a great venue. How about Brunk, do you think we missed out on him? Seems like the type of kid we could use on our roster with how thin our frontline is. Thanks for the update.

One of my favorite gyms along with Columbus North.

Brunk would have been a nice addition in my opinion. He will fit in nicely at Butler for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT