ADVERTISEMENT

My Two Cents

mohepa

Freshman
Jan 7, 2010
OK I have been lurking, reading and absorbing all these posts and I figure I may as well post since I am just as informed as anyone else on here DWS......

It is amazing to me some of the "facts" posted:

1) How can anyone really be an IU fan and not think that Alford is Crean 2.0 from a coaching perspective? I loved watching him play, but after 30 years of watching him coach I do not think I would set my schedule to IU games like I used to if he was coach. I have never seen a game where I thought he was the difference in a win vs. a loss.

2) IU Basketball is a major program and organization. USA Today called it a blue blood yesterday. To think that coaches are not lining up for the chance is ridiculous. There is not a coach in the country, if their caller ID said IU AD, wouldn't answer. Even Brad S. That does not mean they will take it, but EVERYONE will listen,

3) No One knows what is "important" to an individual coach. Some like the stability (FEW), some like the challenge (Stevens?), some like the "loose" rules (Callipari), etc. Everyone is assuming they know, and they don't

The truth is IU is a "blue blood" and CAN be elite again. Any coach that wants that is interested.

Donovan maybe interested in returning to college.

Marshall is interested in ELITE.

Search is over after those two names.

I agree, that should be the list. If they can't get Donovan, Glass should be be able to make an offer Marshall won't refuse. Anybody else will be a letdown for me, but would hope for the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT