ADVERTISEMENT

My three wishes for this board: what are your's???

ORG

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2001
Damascus Maryland
Ok... It's a slow time for IU basketball. So, I've been thinking of how I would (if I were king of the world) change this board. Here are my three wishes for how we (including myself) should conduct ourselves here:

1. If we disagree with what someone says, we should attack what the person is saying and not who he is. To often we attack the person and who he/she is instead of the person's argument. This then, all to often results in a long series of personal insults that do not increase the level of social discourse here on the board.
  2. We should realize that many times what we are arguing about are opinions and not facts, so there is not just one correct answer. All to often we treat our opinions as if they are scientific facts that can repeatedly be proven to be entirely and unquestionably accurate. Remembering that our opinions are not scientific facts may help us be less defensive when someone disagrees with us and may also prevent us from resorting to personal attacks (see #1).
  3. We should remember that the great majority of us share a crazy love for IU basketball, IU sports and IU. We are fans . . . We are a cyber-family and I think we should (myself included) work harder to support each other and find things we agree on, and if we can't, treat each other with a higher level of respect and stop treating people we disagree with as if the person is "John Purdue."
Now it's your turn . . . fire away . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News