ADVERTISEMENT

Musk Election Interference

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Nov 19, 2015
Yo boy and man-crush Musk is out there muting voices on X and coordinating with the face of the Repub Party and Project 2025, Trump, to prevent negative info about the face of the Repub Party and Project 2025, Trump, on X.

Not surprising given that the Repub Soros, Peter Thiel, backed high jumping and fear mongering Musk in his purchase of Twitter.

All you can do is shake your wank at this point.

Reactions: Bill4411
Kamala just passed 1 billion in campaign funding. All from "small dollar donors" assuredly. And little Clover is getting his panties bunched over one little old billionaire.

The reporter that doxed JD Vance was suspended. If you disagree with the decision, please post your personal home address, full name and the first seven digits of your SSN in this thread for us.

Reactions: jet812
It’s ironic, to say the least, to see the people responsible for the 1619 project whining about “misinformation”.

That said, Musk is an individual. If the attempt is to compare him to CBS and 60 minutes, that doesn’t fly.

Reactions: 76-1
Yo boy and man-crush Musk is out there muting voices on X and coordinating with the face of the Repub Party and Project 2025, Trump, to prevent negative info about the face of the Repub Party and Project 2025, Trump, on X.

Not surprising given that the Repub Soros, Peter Thiel, backed high jumping and fear mongering Musk in his purchase of Twitter.

Oh, now this kind of stuff bothers you guys......

Kamala just passed 1 billion in campaign funding. All from "small dollar donors" assuredly. And little Clover is getting his panties bunched over one little old billionaire.

The reporter that doxed JD Vance was suspended. If you disagree with the decision, please post your personal home address, full name and the first seven digits of your SSN in this thread for us.
I ate a sandwich for lunch.

Stay on topic. Accept the facts. This isn’t dodgeball or 5G whataboutism chess.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
It’s ironic, to say the least, to see the people responsible for the 1619 project whining about “misinformation”.

That said, Musk is an individual. If the attempt is to compare him to CBS and 60 minutes, that doesn’t fly.
Twitter/X has over 500 million active users. 60 minutes has maybe 10 million boomers watching on a good week.

You do the math.

If Elon Musk is using his ownership of Twitter/X to block or suppress users on that platform from expressing support for Harris or criticism for Trump, then it is entirely inappropriate. And that would absolutely make him a fraud about his claims of being essentially absolutist about free speech.

I don't know how I'd compare it to what CBS and 60 Minutes did. It's a different kind of thing. But there would be nothing appropriate about it. Social Media platforms should not have any kinds of rules, policies, or algorithms that affect a preference for or an opposition to any candidate for public office. They aren't legally bound to do that, of course. But, if they do it, then they should be called out on it -- just as legacy media should be called out when they are basically operating as mouthpieces for political candidates or parties.

Twitter/X has over 500 million active users. 60 minutes has maybe 10 million boomers watching on a good week.

You do the math.

I don't even see why these numbers matter in this context.

But there are some genuine differences between the two. Twitter is a participatory, interactive platform. CBS News is a broadcaster -- which is one-way communication. Neither of these excuses either one from doing anything it shouldn't be doing to assist (or hurt) a particular candidate.

I will say that it's OK for a traditional news outlet to be biased -- they all are, after all. And anybody who thinks they aren't is naive. As such, I'm not going to call a foul on any of them for having generally favorable coverage of the candidates they support and generally unfavorable coverage of the candidates they oppose.

But we should all call foul if they're distorting reality to do this. What 60 Minutes allegedly did (in terms of splicing in an answer Harris gave to Question A to make it look like she was answering Question B) would fall under this category.

And I also think that everybody involved in media should be transparent about their allegiances....rather than trying to pass themselves off as neutral or unbiased. Nobody is neutral and unbiased.

If Elon Musk is using his ownership of Twitter/X to block or suppress users on that platform from expressing support for Harris or criticism for Trump, then it is entirely inappropriate. And that would absolutely make him a fraud about his claims of being essentially absolutist about free speech.

I don't know how I'd compare it to what CBS and 60 Minutes did. It's a different kind of thing. But there would be nothing appropriate about it. Social Media platforms should not have any kinds of rules, policies, or algorithms that affect a preference for or an opposition to any candidate for public office. They aren't legally bound to do that, of course. But, if they do it, then they should be called out on it -- just as legacy media should be called out when they are basically operating as mouthpieces for political candidates or parties.
I don’t think anyone is accusing him of that, are they? The Times article was about his fundraising efforts and spreading misinformation.

I would strenuously oppose that myself.

LMAO. After the media tried to frame Trump with the Russian collision hoax in 2016, after they lied about Hunters laptop, and Zuckerbergs unconstitutional Zuckerbucks...I don't know how you Dems spew this nonsense with a straight face.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey and 76-1
Let Musl do with his platform what Musk wants to do. Let CBS do with their platform what they want to do. WGAFF? Whoever is dumb enough to fall for the BS has their own problems

So here is the issue, when people on the right side of the aisle were complaining about this verified stuff happening to voices on the right for not having the correct opinions and were also saying that things like Twitter are the default public square now, the same people whining now, like the OP, were saying, "It is their platform, you don't have a right to post on it and if you don't like how it is run, go start your own."

And like usual, we said this is going to bite you all in the ass. And here we are. Told you so.

Reactions: Spartans9312

So here is the issue, when people on the right side of the aisle were complaining about this verified stuff happening to voices on the right for not having the correct opinions and were also saying that things like Twitter are the default public square now, the same people whining now, like the OP, were saying, "It is their platform, you don't have a right to post on it and if you don't like how it is run, go start your own."

And like usual, we said this is going to bite you all in the ass. And here we are. Told you so.

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT