ADVERTISEMENT

Most important game in the history of IUBB

I'm the refs had it out for IU tonight. It wasn't the fact that Crean has made it past the sweet 16 only one time in his entire career as a head coach.

I mean I'm sure the world had it for ol Tommy basketball.

Reactions: C-$ and hoosierdug
during the CTC era.

CTC wins this game he gets an extensions.

CTC loses this game he keeps his job next year but must really succeed to keep off the hot seat.
You have no clue. You ..dope smokin' hoosierRirer that never actually graduated from IUd that makes alot more than me he has told me beer drinkin hippy smoke
during the CTC era.

CTC wins this game he gets an extensions.

CTC loses this game he keeps his job next year but must really succeed to keep off the hot seat.
We finished right where we should. no better .. no worse.

Reactions: Lucy01 and cryano
We won the conference by two games. That's the acceptable narrative.

I get all of the accomplishments, etc. I also remember this team was near the Top 10 at the start of the season. They essentially accomplished what many thought they could do before the season started. I look forward to the day when we don't have Walk Ons playing in key moments in the NCAA Tournament. Fun season and plenty to build on. Lets see what happens.

This thread has everything.

Texting with coworker last 40 minutes of game. UNC fan.

He tells me our coach shouldn't be fired. 'Big 10 champions is a statement' he says.

He set me on a rant. Including me telling him that 2 of our 3 sweet 16 losses allowed 100 points.

I didn't think about them all being double digit losses to boot.

We even lost by double digits the year we were supposed to be handing out the ass whooping.

Keep going.fellas.

The name of the game is National Championships......I'd trade 20 Big Ten Titles for another National Title right now. At some point people will get sick of never going farther than the Sweet 16, but when?

I'd like to win both like UNC does. Like Duke does. Like Kansas does. Like UK does. But you're right. Big Ten sucked this year and we played a weaker unbalanced schedule. I'm happy we got the conference title. But we won't get farther than the sweet 16 with Crean. And that's not acceptable.

ignorant title and thread
In entire history, w 76 undefeated team, and 5 titles, and this is most important game in iubb history - for many other moments I think us losing as a 5 vs a 1 tonight is not our defining moment

Reactions: It'sOurGame35
ignorant title and thread
In entire history, w 76 undefeated team, and 5 titles, and this is most important game in iubb history - for many other moments I think us losing as a 5 vs a 1 tonight is not our defining moment
You missed the "during the Crean era" that starts the message.

This thread has everything.

Texting with coworker last 40 minutes of game. UNC fan.

He tells me our coach shouldn't be fired. 'Big 10 champions is a statement' he says.

He set me on a rant. Including me telling him that 2 of our 3 sweet 16 losses allowed 100 points.

I didn't think about them all being double digit losses to boot.

We even lost by double digits the year we were supposed to be handing out the ass whooping.

Keep going.fellas.

Crean knows how to lose by a lot in tourneys.

you are right.
I bet the last game vs. UK was more important still.
Until this one. If IU won tonight it would have out us into the elite 8 having beaten arguably the two best programs in history. It would have been very hard to be critical of Crean.

Until this one. If IU won tonight it would have out us into the elite 8 having beaten arguably the two best programs in history. It would have been very hard to be critical of Crean.
We lost Hanner, Devin, Blackmon and RJ at the end. UNC shoots shoots the lights out and it's Crean's fault.I know it's popular here to hate Crean but don't be a bandwagon hater. I don't like the guy personally but I think the players like him and that was one successful season. Steven's not coming ever ... you and C-$ need to get over your manlove of the dude. He is not the holy grail.

No, that's next year. If you're serious about this, you should know the formula:

"Tom Crean's moment in the sun" = x + 1

where x = this year ad infinitum.

No kidding. I've always maintained that Crean's greatest strength is winning just enough to make it impossible to fire him. Add to that the Next Year promise and he's here...probably as long as Glass is. Giving a guy like Crean just One More Year is a mistake, because the guy will invariably clear that hurdle with his nuts just barely grazing the barrier. That he trips over the next one never seems to matter.

We'll be having this same discussion in the Spring of 2018.

No kidding. I've always maintained that Crean's greatest strength is winning just enough to make it impossible to fire him. Add to that the Next Year promise and he's here...probably as long as Glass is. Giving a guy like Crean just One More Year is a mistake, because the guy will invariably clear that hurdle with his nuts just barely grazing the barrier. That he trips over the next one never seems to matter.

We'll be having this same discussion in the Spring of 2018.
I said this in another thread this morning, but Tom Crean is a Hall of Fame check-getter. He has an unbelievable ability to sandbag and keep expectations low, while doing just enough to make important people think we may be on the right track. The guy keeps his name on big checks.

It's frankly pretty impressive. Someday, there's going to be a 30 for 30 about this called "Survive and Advance".

I said this in another thread this morning, but Tom Crean is a Hall of Fame check-getter. He has an unbelievable ability to sandbag and keep expectations low, while doing just enough to make important people think we may be on the right track. The guy keeps his name on big checks.

It's frankly pretty impressive. Someday, there's going to be a 30 for 30 about this called "Survive and Advance".

In year three I said he was all hat and no cattle. He is now, and always has been, a salesman.

We lost Hanner, Devin, Blackmon and RJ at the end. UNC shoots shoots the lights out and it's Crean's fault.I know it's popular here to hate Crean but don't be a bandwagon hater. I don't like the guy personally but I think the players like him and that was one successful season. Steven's not coming ever ... you and C-$ need to get over your manlove of the dude. He is not the holy grail.

LOL I've moved on from Stevens a while ago.

I'm reminded of an old parable: Better to keep your mouth shut, to maintain some doubt whether you know anything about basketball, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I say F that, keep posting!

I'm reminded of an old parable: Better to keep your mouth shut, to maintain some doubt whether you know anything about basketball, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I say F that, keep posting!
"I don't pay attention to the critics -- I don't read my twitter mentions."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT