ADVERTISEMENT

Montana GOP Candidate physically attacks reporter

Also interesting that that kind of a remark comes from the "law & order" side of the aisle. Ingram's tweets included "Politicians always need to keep their cool. But what would most Montana men do if "body slammed" for no reason by another man?" and "Did anyone get his lunch money stolen today and then run to tell the recess monitor?" What is disturbing about this kind of response is how market driven it is. Ingram probably doesn't really believe that the reporter should have retaliated by escalating the incident into a full blown fight. But she KNOWS her audience and they love the idea of shaming the "liberal press" for a perceived lack of masculinity. So, what the hell, let's poke the bear and drive up viewership even though it might not be the right thing to do.
To be fair, Ben Jacobs (whom I like) does seem like kind of a wimp. :D

Richard Lugar was/is not a "normal" Republican. That, after serving 6 terms, he lost the Republican nomination must tell something. He was one of the few Republicans who put the nation ahead of the party.:(
I'll expand that.... he was one of the few politicians (D or R) that put the nation ahead of party.

Reactions: Bill4411
I'll expand that.... he was one of the few politicians (D or R) that put the nation ahead of party.
Lugar comes from a different time. Party loyalty has always been strong, but it wasn't always paired with a long list of policy litmus tests. Lugar believed what he believed, and he broke with his party when he had to. He also valued bipartisanship for the sake of getting things done.

It's a shame he never made it to the West Wing. His foreign policy chops would have served him well in the Oval, or as Veep, or especially SecState.

Kind of hard to make judgments without a video. It's just as likely that Gianforte gave Jacobs a little shove, and he went down like the unathletic, dorky, journalist he is.

Both sides get a win out of this. Jacobs gets to bleat to the internet about how he's a bullying victim(nothing journos like more than convincing people they're under attack). Plus, this probably plays politically up in Montana.

People making Trump ties and trying to draw more out of the incident than there is amuse me. It's more funny than anything.

I'm sure there's some people that don't care or like Gianforte losing his marbles and assaulting someone, but that's a clear minority. It's only going to take a few % flipping their votes/not voting/not GOTV hard to swing this race.

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if Gianforte still wins due to how much early vote is out there (and the fact that Montana doesn't let early voters go in on election day and change their minds).

He is. Gianforte has been officially charged with misdemeanor assault.

The one variable that could prove troublesome is that Montana has election day voter registration.Not sure how many people who weren't going to vote already would be motivated by Gianforte's actions to go out and vote for him.I'd think the folks who applaud that sort of nonsense would already have been in his corner.Esp after (illegal) robocalls from Tweedle Dumb AND Tweedle Dee...

Did read an analysis today that felt the best thing for the GOP would be if Quist won.Specifically,pointed out that if Giamforte wins there is a real chance he could be convicted.Then individual GOP Reps would have to either break with him,or go on record as voting to seat a man convicted of assault.A delightful dilemma...

Kind of hard to make judgments without a video. It's just as likely that Gianforte gave Jacobs a little shove, and he went down like the unathletic, dorky, journalist he is.
Except for that pesky eyewitness account saying he was taken down with both hands and punched while on the floor.

I disagreed with Lugar on just about all domestic issues, but I voted for him. He was an expert on foreign policy, and he did always seem thoughtful. As Goat notes, it was before simple litmus test politics, before RINO existed.

Both sides get a win out of this. Jacobs gets to bleat to the internet about how he's a bullying victim(nothing journos like more than convincing people they're under attack). Plus, this probably plays politically up in Montana.

People making Trump ties and trying to draw more out of the incident than there is amuse me. It's more funny than anything.
No, it's not hard to make judgements. There were several witnesses that said not only did he body slam him, he punched him several times. So Jacobs actually underplayed the incident , wimp that he is. And Trump has been telling people that the media is the enemy of the people his entire campaign. He kept them in a pen, had people boo them, and many were threatened with violence during his rallies. Of course it's related to him. And the fact that you are trying to spin this is beyond repulsive. Trump is not only a laughingstock to the rest of the world, he is turning America into a land of hate and bullying. Not a day goes by that I don't see a video of someone yelling at someone else to go back to their country, speak English, etc. Usually at some point , they invoke Trump. Pathetic.

Why are all liberals/journos so in love with the phrase "speak truth to power"?

Do they feel it casts them as an underdog? Not entirely related, just a thought.

Last edited:
I disagreed with Lugar on just about all domestic issues, but I voted for him. He was an expert on foreign policy, and he did always seem thoughtful. As Goat notes, it was before simple litmus test politics, before RINO existed.
I voted for him in 2000 (by the time 2006 rolled around, I lived in Ohio). That's the last time I voted for a Republican in anything larger than a county post.

Kind of think it should have stayed so everyone could see exactly the kind of thing women are still dealing with in the year 2017. And trust me, it's gotten worse, not better. And it's exactly what women are so ticked off about and likley not forgetting in the near future.

Kind of think it should have stayed so everyone could see exactly the kind of thing women are still dealing with in the year 2017. And trust me, it's gotten worse, not better. And it's exactly what women are so ticked off about and likley not forgetting in the near future.

didnt see it, but that troll needs to be booted out

You must b ez to amuse since their were witnesses. Folks like you are the amusement with your ability to ignore facts. Fake news I spose, if it fits your make believe world.

Remember. White women overwhelmingly voted for Trump. You're the minority in your own voting demographic. So stop trying to speak for women.

Reactions: Lucy01
You must b ez to amuse since their were witnesses. Folks like you are the amusement with your ability to ignore facts. Fake news I spose, if it fits your make believe world.

I guess I just don't really understand the outrage? Self-important, dorky reporter get assaulted by yokel congressman.

There just isn't a sympathetic figure in that exchange.

Whatever congressman you get out of that district is going to be a blockhead. Who cares if they have a D or an R next to their name?

Remember. White women overwhelmingly voted for Trump. You're the minority in your own voting demographic. So stop trying to speak for women.
White women = All women. Good to know.

Also, "overwhelmingly?"

Luck probably plays as big a role in the sport of politics compared to anything else. I can't think of any "career" that requires more "who you know".
That's the key along with being able to put out a lot of BS that people want to hear and in most cases do is smoothly and with a straight face. Learning to lie with a straight face is also important.

Reactions: toastedbread
Thanks for mansplaining.
My voting demographic is educated women. 62 percent of non college educated white women voted for Trump. College educated women voted for Hillary 51-45, and if you move on to post graduate work even more voted for Hillary. So I am indeed speaking for the majority of women in my demographics, even though I've never said I speak for all women. But as a reference, 85% of the phone calls that representatives have been getting are from women, the large majority of those attending town halls are women, and you are going to see a huge number of women running for office now. Like I said, lots of pi$$ed off women, mainly at men with attitudes like you and those that are amused at a President that treats women the way Donnie does.

That isn't a real thing. People are condescending to each other, regardless of gender.

The fact that you put belief in such fallacies might explain why you find it easy to paint yourself as a victim.
Got a link for that? Lol

I guess I just don't really understand the outrage? Self-important, dorky reporter get assaulted by yokel congressman.

There just isn't a sympathetic figure in that exchange.

Whatever congressman you get out of that district is going to be a blockhead. Who cares if they have a D or an R next to their name?
Ha. Good to know you're cool with a representative for the US actually beating up a reporter for, wait for it, doing his job. Cool.

How about this nerd being so worked up about his glasses breaking?

If he really barged into a private office like the Gianforte camp claims(who knows the real details at this point) I'm glad he got his ass beat.

My voting demographic is educated women. 62 percent of non college educated white women voted for Trump. College educated women voted for Hillary 51-45, and if you move on to post graduate work even more voted for Hillary. So I am indeed speaking for the majority of women in my demographics, even though I've never said I speak for all women. But as a reference, 85% of the phone calls that representatives have been getting are from women, the large majority of those attending town halls are women, and you are going to see a huge number of women running for office now. Like I said, lots of pi$$ed off women, mainly at men with attitudes like you and those that are amused at a President that treats women the way Donnie does.

I think what he meant, from his point of view, is women who know their proper place voted for Trump. You know, barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen.

If he really barged into a private office like the Gianforte camp claims(who knows the real details at this point) I'm glad he got his ass beat.
Dude, the people that witnessed it know the details and reported it. Not only did Gianforte assault a reporter , he then lied about it. What kind of a person tries to make excuses for that? The fact that you are blaming the victim is shameful. But we are seeing a lot of shameful things from the GOP lately. Anyone on that side of the aisle with some integrity? I can think of a few lonely souls.

Dude, the people that witnessed it know the details and reported it. Not only did Gianforte assault a reporter , he then lied about it. What kind of a person tries to make excuses for that? The fact that you are blaming the victim is shameful. But we are seeing a lot of shameful things from the GOP lately. Anyone on that side of the aisle with some integrity? I can think of a few lonely souls.

Ben Jacobs is a whiny-ass, puss. He got alpha'd, and is acting like a little girl.

He's the quintessential Beta-Male.

We live in a civilized society so he can survive just fine. But he's not the guy you want next to you when someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night.

I hope he emerges okay from his hospital stay, and that his little elbow is okay.

Oh. And his glasses.

Ben Jacobs is a whiny-ass, puss. He got alpha'd, and is acting like a little girl.

We live in a civilized society so he can survive just fine. But he's not the guy you want next to you when someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night.

I hope he emerges okay from his hospital stay, and that his little elbow is okay.

Oh. And his glasses.
I'm so glad I don't know anyone like you in real life. Do you know what decade it is? Are you 8 years old? Thank you again for being the quintessential Trump voter.

Oh. And his glasses.
Bingo!

I just got Breitbart bingo (vertical column down the middle) with the mentioning of Alpha. Thanks @ItsMillerTime ! Praise Kek!

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Early results look promising for the assaulter. I mean why not? We have one in the WH, might as well let one represent the people of Montana.

Are you like 15 years old or something?

Oh. And his glasses.
Oh my Lord. Ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT