ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Woodson 2022 Summer Basketball Camps

Jim Coyle

Publisher
Feb 28, 2020
Bloomington, IN
thhehoosier.com
IU Coach Mike Woodson To Hold Two Basketball Camps This Summer

If you know the story of how Indiana basketball coach Mike Woodson began his journey with the Hoosier program, you know that it began with attending a summer camp that was put on by Hall of Fame Coach Bob Knight. The youngster from Indianapolis had a chance to make an impression for the first time with his long-time mentor and thus a near half-century relationship began.

“One of the biggest thrills of my life was winning a contest at Coach Knight’s camp and being given a t-shirt for doing so,” noted the Hoosiers second-year coach. “After that, there really wasn’t any other place that I wanted go to college and there wasn’t a coach who I wanted to play for more than Bob Knight.”

Woodson will now have the chance to run his own camps in the Summer of 2022, with Day Camps for boys in Grades 2 thru 9, June 13-16 and June 20-23. The camps encourage a love and appreciation for the game and will have a staff which will include Hoosier coaches, players, and student-managers.

“If we can inspire someone and change the direction of their life then I feel like we will have accomplished what we set out to do,” added Woodson.

The Day Camp will emphasize fundamental skill development. The daily schedule will include individual instruction, small group instruction, contest and competitions, and 5-on-5 scrimmages. This is your opportunity to experience Coach Woodson’s basketball program up close. The Day Camp will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. Check in will begin on Monday at 8:15 a.m.

Day Camp I
June 13-16
Grades 2 thru 9 (Boys Only). Girls encouraged to sign up for Teri Moren Camp
$290
Cook Hall and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall

Day Camp 2
June 20-23
$290

To register click:
https://www.mikewoodsonbasketballcamps.com/

If you know the story of how Indiana basketball coach Mike Woodson began his journey with the Hoosier program, you know that it began with attending a summer camp that was put on by Hall of Fame Coach Bob Knight. The youngster from Indianapolis had a chance to make an impression for the first time with his long-time mentor and thus a near half-century relationship began.

“One of the biggest thrills of my life was winning a contest at Coach Knight’s camp and being given a t-shirt for doing so,” noted the Hoosiers second-year coach. “After that, there really wasn’t any other place that I wanted go to college and there wasn’t a coach who I wanted to play for more than Bob Knight.”

Woodson will now have the chance to run his own camps in the Summer of 2022, with Day Camps for boys in Grades 2 thru 9, June 13-16 and June 20-23. The camps encourage a love and appreciation for the game and will have a staff which will include Hoosier coaches, players, and student-managers.

“If we can inspire someone and change the direction of their life then I feel like we will have accomplished what we set out to do,” added Woodson.

The Day Camp will emphasize fundamental skill development. The daily schedule will include individual instruction, small group instruction, contest and competitions, and 5-on-5 scrimmages. This is your opportunity to experience Coach Woodson’s basketball program up close. The Day Camp will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. Check in will begin on Monday at 8:15 a.m.

Day Camp I
June 13-16
$290

Day Camp 2
June 20-23
$290

To register click:
Thanks !!!

Reactions: Jim Coyle

Day Camp I
June 13-16
$290

Day Camp 2
June 20-23
$290

To register click:

Day Camp I
June 13-16
$290

Day Camp 2
June 20-23
$290

To register click:
Disappointed that I can only give one thumbs-up.

Day Camp I
June 13-16
$290

Day Camp 2
June 20-23
$290

To register click:
One of my biggest childhood memories was attending the Bob Knight camp after the '75 season. Watching Quin Buckner and Scott may demonstrated fundamentals was awe inspiring to a grade school kid. May was still in a cast.

We stayed in the dorms and it was the first time away from home. The highlight for me was RMK yelling "pass the ball " as I took a long outside shot in a scrimmage game. I used my emergency change to call home to tell dad RMK had noticed me! If only the shot had gone in.

Last edited:

Day Camp I
June 13-16
$290

Day Camp 2
June 20-23
$290

To register click:

Do the best players get an NIL deal?

• Haha
Taking my son to the bball camp this week - he's super excited.

I'll need to try to get some work done while the camp is going on. I figured I'd camp out at the Union during the day. Is there anyplace reasonable to park around there?

Taking my son to the bball camp this week - he's super excited.

I'll need to try to get some work done while the camp is going on. I figured I'd camp out at the Union during the day. Is there anyplace reasonable to park around there?
Poplars garage is right there on 6th. I think it's $1/hour. The others are a lot more expensive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT