ADVERTISEMENT

Might Gelon represent a good thing?

Thyrsis

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Indianapolis
Assuming he could be on par with something in the Roth/Zeisloft genre (i.e., he'd have a valuable role in the program even if he's not a star or starter), what's the problem? Do we really know he's not that?

It seems to me there's a disconnect between the teeth-gnashing over all the over-recruiting, but then an opposite backlash when faced with the prospect of Crean NOT bringing in 5 or 6 kids who will force attrition. Do folks think IU needs 5 or 6 new starters from the '16 class? Because if that happens, the attrition you've been complaining about is far likelier to happen.

Sure, Crean may bring in 8 new players, but if not, is there a problem with bringing in only '4' new top 50 or better players? If you think IU needs more, are you already counting on the departure of somebody (or somebodies) like OG or Morgan?

IUNorth is correct that Crean is hard to figure out and I obviously don't have full trust that he's on the right track, but that doesn't mean there's not a disconnect in the most outspoken complaining about the addition of Gelon.

P.S., if Crean wants Gelon and thinks there are few pure shooters with his size, why would he wait? (Unless, again, you think IU absolutely needs a brand new starting lineup from the '16 class within the next 2 years).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News