ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State Edge transferring to IU

This situation is indeed a little weird, but getting a top 125 player out of HS is absolutely worth any risk,of which I don’t see any….welcome Andrew - ball out….

Nope, I stand by what I said, Andrew will be a preferred walk on, there is reason why I said he would likely not be a Hoosier when he hit the portal. The staff wasn’t that interested, apparently no one else was either, but getting him as a pwo is certainly not a bad thing
Great news. Thanks Johnsy Rick. 1) Any idea why nobody else was interested? Many guys who hit the portal who were highly rated in HS, especially defensive linemen, find a team that would gladly take a chance on them. Strange that nobody bit. 2) I did find it a bit odd that CCC would give him a scholarship without proven performance given he isn't big on potential. I chalked it up to him knowing the family and edge being a position of need.

Edit: had misspelled Johnsy

Last edited:
Great news. Thanks Johnsy Rick. 1) Any idea why nobody else was interested? Many guys who hit the portal who were highly rated in HS, especially defensive linemen, find a team that would gladly take a chance on them. Strange that nobody bit. 2) I did find it a bit odd that CCC would give him a scholarship without proven performance given he isn't big on potential. I chalked it up to him knowing the family and edge being a position of need.

Edit: had misspelled Johnsy
It almost seems mind-boggling that he didn’t get scholarship offers in the portal.
This guy was a 5.9 rating in the class of 2023. He was a 5.8 transfer portal rating. #4 in his home state and #182 nationally with offers reported out of high school to IU, MSU, Michigan, Iowa, Iowa State, Washington. Also listed as a top 5 defensive player available in the transfer portal.

Either a huge evaluation error or other issues?

It almost seems mind-boggling that he didn’t get scholarship offers in the portal.
This guy was a 5.9 rating in the class of 2023. He was a 5.8 transfer portal rating. #4 in his home state and #182 nationally with offers reported out of high school to IU, MSU, Michigan, Iowa, Iowa State, Washington. Also listed as a top 5 defensive player available in the transfer portal.

Either a huge evaluation error or other issues?
Iowa fan and MSU fan on Redditt both said attitude issue. . However an IU fan posted supposedly he is a PWO not a scholarship

I gotta say, if it is an attitude issue, I've got to think CCC is the last person that would let you off the hook. Hopefully if that's the case, the kid gets it "figured out" real quick, or he won't be here long at all.
Figuring it out "the kid" could be a great DL man for IU. If he doesn't figure it out, I fear he could bring down his brother. Rather I think his brother will help him figure out how to make the most of his talent.

Figuring it out "the kid" could be a great DL man for IU. If he doesn't figure it out, I fear he could bring down his brother. Rather I think his brother will help him figure out how to make the most of his talent.
Exactly the point. Would wager a fair bundle there was a couple, maybe 3, discussions with the brothers, family, Cignetti, Haines maybe Dolson about the only way this can work.

Exactly the point. Would wager a fair bundle there was a couple, maybe 3, discussions with the brothers, family, Cignetti, Haines maybe Dolson about the only way this can work.
Doesn't sound like something Dolson would need to be involved in. Sounds like he basically had (let's hope it is indeed past tense now) a much higher impression of his playing capabilities than did the coaches.

He must have been pretty challenging if that is the reason teams backed off. I would have to think any player at this level would have to have a high opinion of their ability, he must have been at a different level.

Doesn't sound like something Dolson would need to be involved in. Sounds like he basically had (let's hope it is indeed past tense now) a much higher impression of his playing capabilities than did the coaches.
I strongly disagree. Dolson adds strong credence to any conversation that is outside normal recruiting lines. I call dealing with the possible conditional commitment from a high rated in conference transfer as a PWO as out of the norm. Dolson being in attendance strengthens IUFB position and the option the transfer is offered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT