ADVERTISEMENT

"Mean Girls" falsely accuse student of rape

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
Have faced zero consequences after admitting to fabrication of their story. Seems a bit unfair and is certainly counterproductive to combating rape and sexual assault.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/10/lawsuit_accuses_mean_girls_at.html

The 26-page lawsuit -- filed in Pittsburgh on the eve of Mean Girls Day -- alleges that T.F. "was forced to endure multiple court appearances, detention in a juvenile facility, detention at home, the loss of his liberty and other damages until several of the girls reluctantly admitted that their accusations were false" this summer.

The lawsuit contends that T.F. was bullied on multiple occasions by classmates. In one example, the lawsuit said students last year placed masking tape with the word "PREDATOR" written on it on his back without his knowledge during choir practice.

The lawsuit alleges that the boy was further damaged by "gender bias" by school officials and Goldinger's office, which even after learning the girls' accusations were false "did not take any action against the females involved," said attorney Craig Fishman of Pittsburgh, who represents the Floods.

"(T.F.) was basically being tortured in school by the other students and investigators, but the administration was only focused on protecting the girls who were lying," Fishman said. "Once the allegations were proven false, they really didn't care one bit about T.F. and there has been absolutely no repercussions against the girls."

The teen boy is being home-schooled, Fishman said.

I don't know how this specific story plays into the current national conversation/debate on sexual assault, but I would assume that whole ordeal would be a nightmare for that kid.

Have faced zero consequences after admitting to fabrication of their story. Seems a bit unfair and is certainly counterproductive to combating rape and sexual assault.

The 26-page lawsuit -- filed in Pittsburgh on the eve of Mean Girls Day -- alleges that T.F. "was forced to endure multiple court appearances, detention in a juvenile facility, detention at home, the loss of his liberty and other damages until several of the girls reluctantly admitted that their accusations were false" this summer.

The lawsuit contends that T.F. was bullied on multiple occasions by classmates. In one example, the lawsuit said students last year placed masking tape with the word "PREDATOR" written on it on his back without his knowledge during choir practice.

The lawsuit alleges that the boy was further damaged by "gender bias" by school officials and Goldinger's office, which even after learning the girls' accusations were false "did not take any action against the females involved," said attorney Craig Fishman of Pittsburgh, who represents the Floods.

"(T.F.) was basically being tortured in school by the other students and investigators, but the administration was only focused on protecting the girls who were lying," Fishman said. "Once the allegations were proven false, they really didn't care one bit about T.F. and there has been absolutely no repercussions against the girls."

This is scary and horrible for this young man, but the worst part of these stories is the excuse and justification that it’s an acceptable by-product to a larger problem.

How the hell are these girls not facing criminal charges?

I don't know how this specific story plays into the current national conversation/debate on sexual assault, but I would assume that whole ordeal would be a nightmare for that kid.

These types of cases aren't making it into the national conversation or debate because they are not as horrific as rape or sexual assault. However, they are serious but don't seem to be taken seriously by institutions that are involved with investigations. And let's be clear, false accusations (at this point in time) happen far less likely than the actual occurrence.

There was a case at Columbia that was similar and no repercussions for the accuser, who was allowed to graduate.

http://time.com/4858979/columbia-university-paul-nungesser-mattress-girl-emma-sulkowicz/

Inside Higher Ed has a good story covering the dilemma institutions face:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...girl-case-changed-conversation-sexual-assault

How the hell are these girls not facing criminal charges?
I don't have interest in looking into it more deeply, but I'll go ahead and wonder out loud if the "authorities" just want this to go away, that the more we give attention to it, the more likely it is to be repeated, and that if you don't give the accusers a pathway to the truth, they'll never back off the lie.

Parents would do well to be more vigilant on checking kids' hamster wheel social interactions.

False accusations of murder, theft, assault, or faking an accusation are all harmful. Hell, Kavanaugh got away with a false accusation of faking an accusation and now he's a Supreme Court justice. Just plain dumb to admit it.

False accusations of murder, theft, assault, or faking an accusation are all harmful. Hell, Kavanaugh got away with a false accusation of faking an accusation and now he's a Supreme Court justice. Just plain dumb to admit it.
Wow, I always think I’ve heard and/or seen all of your type’s methods, but you are completely obsessed.

The accused don’t make the accusations. Ok, do you understand that, or do I need to describe it using shorter words? I’ll chance it and move on. Ford made the accusation, Kavanaugh denied it. Ford is the accuser, Kavanaugh is the accused. Since Ford is the accuser, then she must present credible evidence. She never did.

Kavanaugh doesn’t have to present evidence as it wouldn’t be possible to prove a negative. He doesn’t have to prove he didn’t do something, she has to prove that he did something. She says he was at the party, he says he wasn’t. She says these people were there, these people say they weren’t. It might help if she knew when and where it was.

So, just because you don’t like Kavanaugh doesn’t mean the whole legal process and Senate Judiciary Committee rules get changed on your behalf. Sorry, no one made you king. Get over it, grow up and accept the fact that sometimes things don’t go your way. It’s called maturity.

Ask @zeke4ahs - acceptable collateral damage.

I’m not Zeke, but your response is very telling. Your grievance is showing again Mo. Don’t you get tired of always feeling like a victim? Trump’s got you brother. He knows exactly how to get you all riled up. It’s working.

This story is complete crap. And the girls should absolutely be punished. And you won’t find one person that doesn’t disagree.

But, for every case like this, a multiple to a much higher degree of sexual assault cases either go unreported, or are reported and nothing is done. And one not being addressed doesn’t justify the other. Both are horrible things.

Realize this- the #’s aren’t even close (false reports vs unreported/cases where assault happens and nothing is reported).

It’s like comparing completely different things- yet somehow, making it look like you’re always the victim. When you’re not. Sexual assault has been a huge issue that’s never been addressed properly in society. And you conflating it with false reporting just diminishes the issue.

But, that’s par for the course for president “grab ‘em by the p@ssy”. And those that enable him, like Carlson & Hannity. I pray they never have daughters or female relatives that are assaulted. Because they’re making it harder for them with promoting this crap, and making it appear equivalent.

*** I don’t mind stories on this. At all. They need to be told also. And we SHOULD find appropriate ways to go after those that engage in this type of behavior.

But once again, you’ve taken something and weaponized it as being something “the left” doesn’t care about. Or somehow promotes. I don’t think you’ll find a single person on this damn board that says it’s justifed behavior. But somehow, you appear to truly believe that “the left” is OK with it.

Once again, you’ve taken the damn bait. Mo, the left isn’t evil. Neither is the right. Stop buying into the hate brother. I don’t understand why everything has to be tribal these days with you and a few other folks taking Trump’s lead these days.

But, for every case like this, a multiple to a much higher degree of sexual assault cases either go unreported, or are reported and nothing is done. And one not being addressed doesn’t justify the other. Both are horrible things.

You just proved his point. The mindset is acceptable collateral damage. Saying he represents himself as a victim is rediculous. This is what your side has created....what you can’t handle is people’s eyes are opening and you are being made to own your positions. Man up and accept the fact that the left has some serious issues to address about itself if it wants to be mainstream in America.

You just proved his point. The mindset is acceptable collateral damage. Saying he represents himself as a victim is rediculous. This is what your side has created....what you can’t handle is people’s eyes are opening and you are being made to own your positions. Man up and accept the fact that the left has some serious issues to address about itself if it wants to be mainstream in America.

Spin much? "Acceptable collateral damage"? His post said exactly the opposite.

If the left can’t weaponize the issue then they aren’t interested. Same as with the Duke and UVA cases.

Those girls should be facing jail time and at the very lest expulsion from school.
Last I heard, district attorneys are tasked with deciding whom to prosecute. Maybe I'm having a spell of false historical memory. Got a revision on that history?

I’m not Zeke, but your response is very telling. Your grievance is showing again Mo. Don’t you get tired of always feeling like a victim? Trump’s got you brother. He knows exactly how to get you all riled up. It’s working.

This story is complete crap. And the girls should absolutely be punished. And you won’t find one person that doesn’t disagree.

Realize this- the #’s aren’t even close (false reports vs unreported/cases where assault happens and nothing is reported).

It’s like comparing completely different things- yet somehow, making it look like you’re always the victim. When you’re not. Sexual assault has been a huge issue that’s never been addressed properly in society. And you conflating it with false reporting just diminishes the issue.

But, that’s par for the course for president “grab ‘em by the p@ssy”. And those that enable him, like Carlson & Hannity. I pray they never have daughters or female relatives that are assaulted. Because they’re making it harder for them with promoting this crap, and making it appear equivalent.

*** I don’t mind stories on this. At all. They need to be told also. And we SHOULD find appropriate ways to go after those that engage in this type of behavior.

But once again, you’ve taken something and weaponized it as being something “the left” doesn’t care about. Or somehow promotes. I don’t think you’ll find a single person on this damn board that says it’s justifed behavior. But somehow, you appear to truly believe that “the left” is OK with it.

Once again, you’ve taken the damn bait. Mo, the left isn’t evil. Neither is the right. Stop buying into the hate brother. I don’t understand why everything has to be tribal these days with you and a few other folks taking Trump’s lead these days.

Yup, I’m still waiting for someone to post saying these girls shouldn’t be punished.

Spin much? "Acceptable collateral damage"? His post said exactly the opposite.

He claimed that Zeke would say that. I’d seriously doubt that Zeke would agree with that assertion.

Keep up :)

While it is true that the vast majority of sexual assault claimants are telling the truth, it’s also true that far more false claims of sexual assault are made each year than for any other crime.

Just food for thought.

Reactions: herrli
Whoever is bring up my name, I have them on ignore. But I of course, think that anyone that falsely accuses someone of rape should be prosecuted.

Last I heard, district attorneys are tasked with deciding whom to prosecute. Maybe I'm having a spell of false historical memory. Got a revision on that history?

Yes, they are. That doesn’t mean they’ve made the right decision.

While it is true that the vast majority of sexual assault claimants are telling the truth, it’s also true that far more false claims of sexual assault are made each year than for any other crime.

Just food for thought.

And a great # of actual sexual assaults are never alleged.

I’d like to see your stats on that.

Not doubting it, I’d just like to see the source.

Given the small # that are actually reported, it seems a little incredible that a large # of false reports are alleged.

I have seen consistent stats that say that 70% of sexual assaults/rapes are never reported. For a variety of reasons.

** both are issues. I want to make that clear. But one is of a far greater magnitude (unreported sexual assaults/rapes) than the other (false claims).

Okay, so prosecutors = the left, or what? Just trying to understand your position.

Two points. The left doesn’t care about this because it doesn’t drive their agenda.

Prosecutors don’t pursue this because they are afraid of backlash and it’s not something sexy to campaign on.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

Given the small # that are actually reported, it seems a little incredible that a large # of false reports are alleged.

I have seen consistent stats that say that 70% of sexual assaults/rapes are never reported. For a variety of reasons.

** both are issues. I want to make that clear. But one is of a far greater magnitude (unreported sexual assaults/rapes) than the other (false claims).
It has happened to blacks more often probably and when it's a white woman making the accusation about a black man the consequences aren't good.

A lot of times it’s not brought up because women know there are people out there who flat out assume they are lying or say something like “she was probably dressed and acting slutty and then got upset when she was treated like a slut”. Either that or “you were probably both just drunk, get over it already”

No it absolutely is not and in fact totally opposite. A man get s falsely accused and ends up in prison for something he didn't do? The unreported assault by a woman? That is her choice and she isn't in prison. It isn't even close.

Here is the thing Wilde. They are both issues. But the measure you place as one being more important than the other is a delineation made by people outside looking in. For us, the Kav spectical was easily put as she needs all the leniency because she is a possible victim. But to sit in either of their shoes, Kav thought it was the most important thing in the world because he and only he and his family bore the repercussions of what he said is a false claim. He had no choice but to fight. If he withdrew he would be labeled a rapist. He still is labeled that.

Walking a mile in someone’s shoes is a hell of a saying. What you are describing is that it’s okay if there is a little collateral damage because in your eyes, the accuser needs the benefit of doubt in the absence of evidence. That is a terribly slippery slope. I and you have the same right to defend ourselves as vigorously as needed. What I’m hearing from you and some others you are okay with limiting that ability because you deem the cause “special”. What would have to happen for the two to switch positions? It doesn’t make sense to me

Out of curiosity, how many of you have taken courses in college or in High School pertaining to Women’s Studies? This isn’t a slam I’m just really curious where this thinking comes from where people are willing to give up their human rights for others.... I’m just curious... maybe that should be a survey. Maybe I need to take a few :)

No it absolutely is not and in fact totally opposite. A man get s falsely accused and ends up in prison for something he didn't do? The unreported assault by a woman? That is her choice and she isn't in prison. It isn't even close.

We deal in facts here. Or at least most of us try to deal in facts.

Any cites to back up that assertion? If you don’t, then go away.

That is a pretty crazy stat. Again, not saying it isn’t true- I’ve just never seen that. Anywhere. And I read a ton of different news sources.

Otherwise, I’m not buying that it’s that large on an issue (though it is terrible).

I’m seeing a lot of angst from the right about “men being attacked”. That’s insanity- and it only delegitimizes the issue of sexual assault, which happens way more often to women. I see that Trump and his enablers are manipulating folk’s emotions- again (not saying that’s you, necessarily). Always a victim. Which is pretty damn funny, when you consider who is most butt hurt over this stuff right now.

And one more thing- you seek to think that sexual assault isn’t a crippling thing for a person. That’s FAR from accurate. I’d suggest you research the topic before you start stating ridiculous positions. Just because “some people” say it, doesn’t make it true. Do yourself a favor and read up on it.

And, while terrible, even if someone is falsely accused, the accusation still has to be proven. Which is often very difficult to do. I’d guess there are a fairly small number of men in institutions that were falsely convicted of sexual assault/rape. And, if the ones that were falsely convicted, I’d bet not many are white guys. Which, I bring up, because that’s the demographic that’s losing its collective minds after the hearings.

Can’t we just agree that both are terrible things, and neither should be tolerated? I don’t know why it had to be turned into an us vs them thing. It’s another form of whataboutism/false equivalency/gas lighting. And I’m really sick of seeing that chit. The Russians invented it, and the pub party under Trump is perfecting it.

Enough. I’m tired of seeing tired Fox News/right wing media BS talking points on here from some folks. It’s not as if any of this stuff is actual fact- it’s all conjecture designed to rile up the base to go vote.

We deal in facts here. Or at least most of us try to deal in facts.

Any cites to back up that assertion? If you don’t, then go away.

That is a pretty crazy stat. Again, not saying it isn’t true- I’ve just never seen that. Anywhere. And I read a ton of different news sources.

Otherwise, I’m not buying that it’s that large on an issue (though it is terrible).

I’m seeing a lot of angst from the right about “men being attacked”. That’s insanity- and it only delegitimizes the issue of sexual assault, which happens way more often to women. I see that Trump and his enablers are manipulating folk’s emotions- again (not saying that’s you, necessarily). Always a victim. Which is pretty damn funny, when you consider who is most butt hurt over this stuff right now.

And one more thing- you seek to think that sexual assault isn’t a crippling thing for a person. That’s FAR from accurate. I’d suggest you research the topic before you start stating ridiculous positions. Just because “some people” say it, doesn’t make it true. Do yourself a favor and read up on it.

And, while terrible, even if someone is falsely accused, the accusation still has to be proven. Which is often very difficult to do. I’d guess there are a fairly small number of men in institutions that were falsely convicted of sexual assault/rape. And, if the ones that were falsely convicted, I’d bet not many are white guys. Which, I bring up, because that’s the demographic that’s losing its collective minds after the hearings.

Can’t we just agree that both are terrible things, and neither should be tolerated? I don’t know why it had to be turned into an us vs them thing. It’s another form of whataboutism/false equivalency/gas lighting. And I’m really sick of seeing that chit. The Russians invented it, and the pub party under Trump is perfecting it.

Enough. I’m tired of seeing tired Fox News/right wing media BS talking points on here from some folks. It’s not as if any of this stuff is actual fact- it’s all conjecture designed to rile up the base to go vote.
You deal in facts here? Laughable , facts as you choose to see them. You need to see a therapist or something dude

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT