ADVERTISEMENT

McCollugh

IU Fan 1989

Sophomore
Jun 9, 2011
Blacklick OH
this might have already been posted - sorry if I missed it.

“True freshman linebacker Dasan McCullough played less that normal against Cincinnati due to an illness, according to an IU spokesperson. McCullough is tied for the lead among all FBS true freshmen in tackles for loss or no gain.

"[McCullough] is back, he's full strength, he's ready to go," Indiana defensive coordinator Chad Wilt said.

“True freshman linebacker Dasan McCullough played less that normal against Cincinnati due to an illness, according to an IU spokesperson. McCullough is tied for the lead among all FBS true freshmen in tackles for loss or no gain.

"[McCullough] is back, he's full strength, he's ready to go," Indiana defensive coordinator Chad Wilt said.
I only recall hearing his name called once.

IMO he's as valuable to our defense as Jones and Mullen(getting torched in the first half against Cincy not withstanding), so I noticed right away that he was seeing fewer snaps and was very concerned, I saw him more in the second half and he didn't seem to look any worse when he was in. but either way, I'm glad to know it was just a mild illness and he'll see his normal amount of reps next weekend.

Dasan‘s stat. Line at UC was much lower (0 tackles as I recall) than his first 3 games.
A couple of sacks on Bryant could have gone a long way in the first half.

UNL has a hot QB to that makes mistakes when he gets in trouble.
Dasan has the speed to match that challenge, could be the ‘Edge’ we need.

I don't remember seeing him at all until Holt got hurt around the start of the 4th Quarter. I was asking friends if Fish had mentioned anything on the radio and checked for some type of pre-game update. Was a definite absence on getting pressure on the QB in the first half for sure. We need his energy and play making ability to cause havoc in the backfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT