ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Fisher

HoozierDaddy

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2012
Marquette looks like they will make the tourney.

Stats:
Played in all 30 games
3rd on team in scoring
1st on team in rebounding & blocks
shoots 65.3% from the field
Struggles from the line = 59%
Took 0 3-pt shots

Looks like he made the right decision transferring from IU. I'm guessing he'd have taken at least 30 3-pt shots if he'd stayed.

What a bust that 2013 class was: 3 transfers, 2 early NBA entries, 1 oft injured player, off the court problems, etc.... No wonder we are where we are 4 years later.

What a bust that 2013 class was: 3 transfers, 2 early NBA entries, 1 oft injured player, off the court problems, etc.... No wonder we are where we are 4 years later.
Both early entries made great contributions. The busts came from the number of transfers. A transfer every now and then will happen, but no successful program consistently has 50% of their recruits transferring. Early entries are different as they typically make significant contributions while they're there

Stats:
Played in all 30 games
3rd on team in scoring
Took 0 3-pt shots

Looks like he made the right decision transferring from IU. I'm guessing he'd have taken at least 30 3-pt shots if he'd stayed.

Makes me dislike Troy Williams even more...

Stats:
Played in all 30 games
3rd on team in scoring
Took 0 3-pt shots

Maybe, but I doubt it. Cody and even Noah did not have a 3 point shot and they didn't take 3 point shots.

I always wondered if Luke Fisher related to his teammates at IU. I wonder if got the love from his teammates that got TB in trouble the first week of school freshman year. Perhaps in would have made a difference is he had better quality teammates - I m taking about those that Crean later kicked off the team.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I always wondered if Luke Fisher related to his teammates at IU. I wonder if got the love from his teammates that got TB in trouble the first week of school freshman year. Perhaps in would have made a difference is he had better quality teammates - I m talking about those that Crean later kicked off the team.
It is hard to know but there have been some suggestions that he wasn't comfortable with the kids that were asked to leave. He was a small town kid. I think had he been around kids like Jordy or Cody he would have stayed at IU.

I always wondered if Luke Fisher related to his teammates at IU. I wonder if got the love from his teammates that got TB in trouble the first week of school freshman year. Perhaps in would have made a difference is he had better quality teammates - I m taking about those that Crean later kicked off the team.

It is hard to know but there have been some suggestions that he wasn't comfortable with the kids that were asked to leave. He was a small town kid. I think had he been around kids like Jordy or Cody he would have stayed at IU.

Luke got tired of the atmosphere in his dorm room - and the fact that the coaching staff would not address it. He almost left a month in, but stayed until the semester break.

Marlin left for the same reasons. When a kid playing D1 gives up a scholly to WALK-ON and then leaves, it ought to tell you all you need to know about how bad the culture had gotten.

He lived in my son's dorm. Son said kid also was home sick. Very close to his parents. I got the pleasure of meeting them. Very nice people.

I can't see calling 2 early NBA entries a bust.
Vonleh only cared about putting in his 1 year so he could get to the NBA. He dogged it at the end of the year to avoid injury. Then there was Good Troy/Bad Troy for 3 years.

Vonleh only cared about putting in his 1 year so he could get to the NBA. He dogged it at the end of the year to avoid injury. Then there was Good Troy/Bad Troy for 3 years.

I never got the Good Troy Bad Troy thing. I saw a guy with a lot of natural ability who sometimes tries to do too much. A guy who won a Big 10 championship. Vonleh never made it to the NIT.

I think Troy Williams will have a more productive NBA career than Vonleh.

I never got the Good Troy Bad Troy thing. I saw a guy with a lot of natural ability who sometimes tries to do too much. A guy who won a Big 10 championship. Vonleh never made it to the NIT.

I think Troy Williams will have a more productive NBA career than Vonleh.

See, I don' get this at all. I argued with people here about whether Yogi or Troy would be the better pro (I said Yogi), and didn't understand the Williams love then. Definitely don't see it now.

Vonleh started for Portland the other night, FYI.

For reasons I won't go into, I don't think Williams amounts to much in the NBA. He'll make $ playing ball for a good long while, though. Definitely a talent.

Stats:
Played in all 30 games
3rd on team in scoring
Took 0 3-pt shots

Good as those stats appear, Luke didn't quite meet the expectations of many Marquette fans. I don't know, maybe more of a good complimentary player than the star they were hoping he would be. Plays just a little soft, fouls a little too much. Don't get me wrong, he would have helped Indiana just as he has helped Marquette, but he isn't a dominating player.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Cody and even Noah did not have a 3 point shot and they didn't take 3 point shots.
Vonleh didn't have or take three point shots?

Are you sure about that?

Yeah, Noah made a great contribution to a 17-15 team that missed the postseason entirely.
That was his fault? Anyone involved in the program will tell you Vonleh was the hardest worker on that team. And he's one of the few ones who wasn't in trouble. Some of you guys are unbelievable.

Reactions: IndyMitchell

A small town kid? Germantown is a suburb of Milwaukee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT