ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like we lost a signee and have gained another open scholarship...

I hope that is supposed to be a joke.
In what respect?

We just gained another scholarship to go towards a Portal player who might actually help us immediately, I see that as nothing but a positive...

The guy didn't want to play on the big stage... Better to cut him loose now than waste time on him and lose him to the Portal anyway...

We end up ahead in this exchange in my opinion...

In what respect?

We just gained another scholarship to go towards a Portal player who might actually help us immediately, I see that as nothing but a positive...

The guy didn't want to play on the big stage... Better to cut him loose now than waste time on him and lose him to the Portal anyway...

We end up ahead in this exchange in my opinion...
Losing Riles does open up another scholarship for IU to use in the portal or with flipping a recruit from another team for 2024.

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
Losing Riles does open up another scholarship for IU to use in the portal or with flipping a recruit from another team
It's too late to flip anyone (and it was more than a little unethical for ECU to do so)... , but having another scholarship available for a extra Portal guy can't be a bad thing... there's bound to be a few disgruntled 2nd teamers coming off their Spring Practices without the results they were looking for who are ready for a fresh start...

I need to check the Portal dates for Spring...

Speaking of ECU I'd treat them like a farm club after that move and actively go after their guys in the future if we think they're serviceable... (in the mode of "don't get mad, get even +")...

It's too late to flip anyone (and it was more than a little unethical for ECU to do so)... , but having another scholarship available for a extra Portal guy can't be a bad thing... there's bound to be a few disgruntled 2nd teamers coming off their Spring Practices without the results they were looking for who are ready for a fresh start...

Speaking of ECU I'd treat them like a farm club after that move and actively go after their guys in the future if we think they're serviceable... (in the mode of "don't get mad, get even +")...

ECU would be given the choice of letting the player out of their LOI like we did or getting bad publicity by making them stay.

It was a two way street as far as us letting him leave...

Nothing to suggest ECU did anything wrong here. The kid had second thoughts and asked to be let out of his LOI, which we agreed to do. No sense trying to keep a player who preferred to be elsewhere. He was then free to sign with ECU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT