ADVERTISEMENT

Looking into the future a little.. 2016,

jakethedog55

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Traverse City Michigan
Yogi, Hanner, NZ, graduate. TW, JBJ, more then likely gone. That is 5. TB?? Probably.. if the year turns out positive (Sweet or better). That is 6. Loose one because you always do. That is 7. My take is loose 7 or more. Now being young is Ok?? and seams to be the norm in this day. Can CTC burn and churn with the big dogs?? I don't think so personally. A few programs can loose 7 players and have a great year with youngsters. IU is not one of them.... and I hope never is. People want to blame CTC on Roster Management... ???.... Well who can manage their roster under this environment? The elite of the elite can... or the 4 year player team can. Those in the middle trying to play it both ways can't and will always be a 3 to 4 year top 20 team... which fits IU and CTC at this point.

My bitch isn't with CTC or IU... My bitch is with the "Early Entry" to the NBA and promoted by the NBA Players Association and "Transfers" that resembles Free Agencies. If we loose 3 seniors and TW (3 and degree).. and Transfers were limited .....What would the 2016 team resemble vs. the probable??. This case in point would be a much different future and success for the team, players, and coaches if college BB deviated from a breading ground of a minor league for the NBA. Change it to the NFL (complete your Junior year) and TB would have 2 more years, JBJ would have one year, IU would be replacing 4-5 and teams could have sustainable years of competition. As it is today. 4-5 teams rule... 4-5 teams compete... the rest move in and out or mediocracy.

Well, here's to a great 2015/16. I for one am looking forward to it.

To the future???? Oh well... we are not the only program with this problem. Let's just not pile on for the fault is without local control. Changes must be made or the deterioration of the college game will continue and frustrate all of us , trying to place blame where is doesn't belong...on coaches, players, fans, and Peegsters.

Respectfully IMVHO. Go IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News