ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier Hysteria Clips...

I think it’s hard to tell how well this team will shoot based on that sample size and people that have already determined that this team can’t shoot we’re just waiting for the first opportunity to complain about this team. Their mind has been made up before the team has played a game. That’s just ridiculous.
If you see it that way fine, I’m looking for us to “look” different. Kinda like when Cignetti took over and IU football looked different.

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
If you see it that way fine, I’m looking for us to “look” different. Kinda like when Cignetti took over and IU football looked different.
I’m looking for that too. It’s not happening this year. I’m excited to watch this team play and hoping for a successful season anyway.

The original argument is getting off track. A group of posters in this thread have decided that this team can’t shoot. After watching a glorified practice for 12 minutes. I think that’s a little early to be jumping to conclusions like that. I stand by that.

I’m looking for that too. It’s not happening this year. I’m excited to watch this team play and hoping for a successful season anyway.

The original argument is getting off track. A group of posters in this thread have decided that this team can’t shoot. After watching a glorified practice for 12 minutes. I think that’s a little early to be jumping to conclusions like that. I stand by that.
I get it and I’m one that said we still can’t shoot. Which I think was a major concern with who we brought in. I hope we have a great season but I don’t see it happening under Woody

Reactions: jopajackson

My concern isn’t whether or not we’ll be able to make the outside shots we end up creating… I think we’ll knock down a better percentage than last year.

My concern is even if we do hit at a decent clip, like we did TJDs senior year… we still won’t be good enough offensively with this style of offense, to be a contending team.

Just 12 minutes, Im sure Woody didn’t run any plays or anything. But I suspect, and worry, that what we saw is our base offense.

And our talent level will allow us to be solid with it. And we’ll get a “I told you all so” from Woodson when we have the 30-40 ish ranked offense. Better than 100 or so which is what his bad teams have been. But not Good enough to contend for much of anything.

My concern isn’t whether or not we’ll be able to make the outside shots we end up creating… I think we’ll knock down a better percentage than last year.

My concern is even if we do hit at a decent clip, like we did TJDs senior year… we still won’t be good enough offensively with this style of offense, to be a contending team.

Just 12 minutes, Im sure Woody didn’t run any plays or anything. But I suspect, and worry, that what we saw is our base offense.

And our talent level will allow us to be solid with it. And we’ll get a “I told you all so” from Woodson when we have the 30-40 ish ranked offense. Better than 100 or so which is what his bad teams have been. But not Good enough to contend for much of anything.
Last season was a dumpster fire, no doubt. I, like many others thought it was bad enough for Woodson to get the boot. Woodson leaned on the excuses of lack of talent at the guard position. As the head coach it is his job to bring in guard talent.

This team has lots of talent and that’s obvious. There are no excuses left for Woodson. The pressure is on. This team made the AP preseason poll. They’ve been picked to finish second in the conference. Andy Katz picked them as his dark horse final four team.

This team has to play at a high level and contend for Woodson to keep his job. I sure as hell hope that we’re not going to dump it in the post and stand around this year. I hope we take and make more 3s. I hope we push the pace. I don’t know if we will or not.

I’m not gonna let the scrimmage at Hoosier hysteria determine my thoughts about this team or the way it’s being coached. I wanna see them play some games first. I’d like to see them against some tough competition in the Bahamas to see what the team will look like this season.

Last season was a dumpster fire, no doubt. I, like many others thought it was bad enough for Woodson to get the boot. Woodson leaned on the excuses of lack of talent at the guard position. As the head coach it is his job to bring in guard talent.

This team has lots of talent and that’s obvious. There are no excuses left for Woodson. The pressure is on. This team made the AP preseason poll. They’ve been picked to finish second in the conference. Andy Katz picked them as his dark horse final four team.

This team has to play at a high level and contend for Woodson to keep his job. I sure as hell hope that we’re not going to dump it in the post and stand around this year. I hope we take and make more 3s. I hope we push the pace. I don’t know if we will or not.

I’m not gonna let the scrimmage at Hoosier hysteria determine my thoughts about this team or the way it’s being coached. I wanna see them play some games first. I’d like to see them against some tough competition in the Bahamas to see what the team will look like this season.
Agreed. Gotta see them in games. Just a bummer to not see really anything different stylistically in the scrimmage.

No kidding. I’m just not ready to decide that this team can’t shoot yet based on one inter squad scrimmage. That just proves you’re a chronic complainer and have already made up your mind about the team before the season even started.
Lucy=Drama Queen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT