6. C Steve Ramirez
7. 1B Mason Gavre
8. DH Cam Thompson
9. SS Justin Walker Jr.

SP:
#36 Trent Johnson - RHP

T1:

Purdue gains an early 1-0 lead.

Tommy Sommer walked the bases loaded and then hit LaPlante to score Hunter from third base. Sommer then struck out the next two batters to end the frame.

T1:

Purdue gains an early 1-0 lead.

Tommy Sommer walked the bases loaded and then hit LaPlante to score Hunter from third base. Sommer then struck out the next two batters to end the frame.
Shaky start for Sommer with the Boilers getting a run without a hit. Fortunately, we gave up just one run. Purdue's starter has an ERA of 8.10, so I expect we will be able to get to this guy.

Reactions: MatthewByrne5
Shaky start for Sommer with the Boilers getting a run without a hit. Fortunately, we gave up just one run. Purdue's starter has an ERA of 8.10, so I expect we will be able to get to this guy.
If we are going to get to this guy, we have to do better than to fan at the plate.

Reactions: MatthewByrne5
B1:

Trent Johnson struck out the side.

T2:

1-2-3 inning for Sommer with one K and two ground outs.

Still 1-0 Purdue lead heading into B4. IU has stranded five runners on base, three in scoring position.

Okay, we are at the top of the order in the 5th, so it's time to get something going.

This game is starting to remind me somewhat of the season opening game against Rutgers, where we held them pretty much in check, but couldn't get anything going at the plate. This guy on the mound for the Boilers is not Cy Young reincarnated.

B8:

IU takes a 2-1 lead. Richardson started off the inning with a single through the left side. Toetz then doubled to score Richardson. Southern then hit a single over the first baseman's head and Toetz scored.

Reactions: ptrich
Hoosiers win!!!

Matt Litwicki gets his third save of the season! Little shaky towards the end with back to back walks with two outs but Litwicki got leadoff hitter Skyler Hunter to strike out looking.

Reactions: 82IU and ptrich
Those two back-to-back walks sure made things a little uneasy. A win is a win, but I was surprised we didn't hit Purdue any better than what we did, especially when you look at their team ERA coming in, and a starting pitcher coming in with an 8.10 ERA.

Well, we temporarily broke the tie with Michigan for 1st place as UM dropped their game against Illinois, 7-4.

Those two back-to-back walks sure made things a little uneasy. A win is a win, but I was surprised we didn't hit Purdue any better than what we did, especially when you look at their team ERA coming in, and a starting pitcher coming in with an 8.10 ERA.
Reminded me of Johnny Franco a few years ago with the Reds. Always seemed to get in trouble, then escaped. I’ll take a W!

Reactions: ptrich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT