ADVERTISEMENT

Let's get the Hoosier Fan Base Back on Track!

TexasPaul

All-American
Apr 14, 2005
HTX
Dear Hoosiers:

I never thought I would be writing this message. At the end of last season many of us, including myself, just lost it and it has been difficult to get back on track.

Many of us have gone into summer, gone out to our pools (specifically MoHoosier), dealt with Floods (Specifically Me and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy lol), and just enjoyed the days as they pass by too quickly for my taste.

A conversation I had with Wale Adewale Ogunleye when he was in Africa really brought me back Down to Earth. His IU Hall of Fame induction was right on time. The loss of Brandon Baker (33) (Career ending diagnosis Freshman year at IU but loved IU and still Graduated) made me think about the fact that Indiana University gave all of us a shot to be a student, athlete, fan or whatever you wanted or could be in relation to 'Our Indiana.'

My lineage to IU goes back three generations and I am going to love this school no matter what happens to it. B-Town is a special place and it links all of us together on a daily basis forever right?

We all lose it sometimes but now it is time to recover Boys! With that being said how about we make a Vow to do a few things as a fan base:

1. Be Great in your Personal Life and on Peegs.com

2. Support Indiana University & All of Our Sports Programs

3. Resist the urge to knock Fred Glass, Tom Crean or any person associated with Indiana University for at least one year. Everything has been aired and we are about to enter a new-year with new possibilities.

4. Send an e-mail or letter of support to Coach Crean and let him know you are pulling for him at IU. I mean think about it

5. Be the best fan you can be no matter how difficult it may be from an emotional stand point.

6. Accept Social Media and realize what was not normal ten years ago is the new normal today.

7. Praise the donors who are giving and helping Indiana University keep up with other Elite Programs. Reach out to Marni Mooney and thank her for the hard work she and the rest of the staff puts in on the academic side. Also, Earlston Bean and company do a great job with event management for all the sports programs at IU.

8. Every single time you feel like you are going to lose it exercise until you are no longer angry or simply step away from the keyboard.

9. I have no idea what will happen with our program moving forward; however, I am going to step out on Faith and Believe Big Things will happen in 2015-2016 in every single one of our Athletic Programs.

10. If we make it to the Final Four in Houston you will have a trip to remember in Houston. I will host something that will be memorable with the help of Local Hoosiers If you are in Houston or the surrounding area feel free to reach out to me whenever you feel the need.

Thanks for Reading Hoosiers:

TexasPaul

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News