ADVERTISEMENT

LEO Produced No Loyalty

"Every inch of this beach has been precited if you stay here, you are a dead man". The door has closed, and it takes big money now. The only way for us to win is to stop playing football and focus on the liberal arts. Uncle, what are you going to do with us now Big Ten Presidents? We refuse to play your game.

"Every inch of this beach has been precited if you stay here, you are a dead man". The door has closed, and it takes big money now. The only way for us to win is to stop playing football and focus on the liberal arts. Uncle, what are you going to do with us now Big Ten Presidents? We refuse to play your game.
Are you saying this should be IU’s approach going forward? I’m not sure I get your meaning.

Are you saying this should be IU’s approach going forward? I’m not sure I get your meaning.
I think he means that we have some leverage with the big ten. We provide Ws to the big boys.

Like Chicago in the late 30s, IU can always decide to do something better with its time, energy, and money.

Have some self respect and tell the Big Ten to go Phuq themselves. We aren’t gonna be its doormat any longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: mk30 and Radio Zero
And no toughnessea

Time to get mean. . I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your red head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.
Ask your brother what it means...

You're off target on this one even if you are one of my favorite posters...

And no toughnessea

Time to get mean. . I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your red head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.
Ask your brother what it means...

You're off target on this one even if you are one of my favorite posters...

Check around the Big Ten, most have picked up on this mantra (some of them fake, some of them sincere) from guess who (?), Us...!

And no toughness

Time to get mean. . I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.
What loyalty has Allen showed besides to Hiller? Dude will recruit a transfer and play him over a dude who has been the good guy and waited for three years to get his shot. To make it even worse the dude transferring in sucks.

What loyalty has Allen showed besides to Hiller? Dude will recruit a transfer and play him over a dude who has been the good guy and waited for three years to get his shot. To make it even worse the dude transferring in sucks.
Well..., I rarely agree with you but can't argue with that one.

Reactions: midwolfe and mk30
I think he means that we have some leverage with the big ten. We provide Ws to the big boys.

Like Chicago in the late 30s, IU can always decide to do something better with its time, energy, and money.

Have some self respect and tell the Big Ten to go Phuq themselves. We aren’t gonna be its doormat any longer.
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. IU can not fall back on their being a very top academic institution since it is not at the level of the University of Chicago. And with out the Big 10 TV money, IU's other sports will suffer financially. Many sports may be abolished.

Reactions: iubhounds
It is amazing that Purdue gets a guy like Jones who becomes damn-near a David Bell replica and we get guys that either can't play a lick or miss over half the season with injuries.
IU gets a lot of injuries, especially at QB. My first reaction is to blame the OL for these njuries but some of them were non-contact injuries. So, I am not sure how IU fixes this. This gives me concern that QB recruits will not want to come to a school that has has so many QB injuries.

Reactions: mk30
That is the big issue. It really came to a head this year if you believe the story that Tuttle is apparently spreading. LEO went out the door in the locker room this year and now you have nothing to sell.

Let's talk who sucks.

He was loyal to Penix because he could play.

That is the big issue. It really came to a head this year if you believe the story that Tuttle is apparently spreading. LEO went out the door in the locker room this year and now you have nothing to sell.
"Back in the day" when some thug somewhere did a thug thing, everybody said "you can't have over 100 guys on a football team and not get a few bad apples."

It was true then and still is - and you can't get 100+ LEO guys either.

Football is about football - not loving the guy who took your spot.
Play winning football, and most of your team will love most of the rest of your team.
That's the best you're gonna get.
Lose and everyone is miserable.
Duh.

And LEO is not going to change the impact of playing time or the lack thereof. Ever. Anywhere.

Kids want to play. All LEO does make them feel WORSE when they decide they want to leave. Now, they aren't just seeking playing time, which is what ALL kids do - now they have put up with the idea/feeling that they ALSO aren't loyal to the idea that they aren't supposed to care who gets the glory and aren't supposed to feel bad if the "best man plays" rule puts them on the bench - they are supposed to jump for joy for their brother who is better, and THEY CAN'T.

It was always a pipe dream.

Kids are willing to wait at 'Bama
They are not willing to wait at middle of the pack (or worse) lesser schools.
They'd rather play at a Fun Belt school than ride LEO pine at IU, or Wildcat pine at Kentucky.

And with uncontrolled NIL and "don't unpack" Portal rules, ONLY Bama and the Perennials can play this game.

We bench kids who fumble.
We recruit over kids every year.
It's "big boy" football.
LEO just makes us loo like a bigger hypocrite than Ahia State.
"I love you - hit the bench" just makes most kids want out faster than normal.

It's OK to care about kids. Every coach should. But to sell it as DNA and talk bout how it makes us different, then look and act like you play by the same rules as everybody else? It just doesn't work the way it looks on paper.

Well..., I rarely agree with you but can't argue with that one.

Problem with that is coaches should always be trying to improve their team, so the best player should play.

We saw what happened with Lynch and his failure to rely on new players. He stuck with the players who had been in the program, especially upper classmen.

Being loyal can get you fired just as easily as not making a move.

Coming off a 4-8 season, we need to make changes. Obviously sucks to lose Dasan, Keys and Lem-Watley hurts depth wise and Barner would have been a okay piece back, although he severely disappointed last year. The rest of the players really aren't big losses.

Like last year, we'll see where all these kids land. Dasan will end up at a p5 school, but time will tell about the rest of the guys leaving so far.

Problem with that is coaches should always be trying to improve their team, so the best player should play.

We saw what happened with Lynch and his failure to rely on new players. He stuck with the players who had been in the program, especially upper classmen.

Being loyal can get you fired just as easily as not making a move.

Coming off a 4-8 season, we need to make changes. Obviously sucks to lose Dasan, Keys and Lem-Watley hurts depth wise and Barner would have been a okay piece back, although he severely disappointed last year. The rest of the players really aren't big losses.

Like last year, we'll see where all these kids land. Dasan will end up at a p5 school, but time will tell about the rest of the guys leaving so far.
Defenders to S. Alabama.

Leo always seemed like an odd mantra for a football program. Not real sure what sport it fits. Seems soft to me.
Soccer, if Allen was the soccer coach, his team would be the Indiana Love. The name "Hoosier" would be banned because it is offensive to people not born in Indiana.

• Haha
Reactions: iubhounds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT