ADVERTISEMENT

Last night it was a 500-yard shot,

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
Tonight, it was 150. The max effective range of a M16 is 460 meters. I never in 28 years of Army service knew anyone who could make that shot. 150 yards is center mass. Maybe we should wait for the facts. Why is a roof top with a 150-yard shot not occupied?

Tonight, it was 150. The max effective range of a M16 is 460 meters. I never in 28 years of Army service knew anyone who could make that shot. 150 yards is center mass. Maybe we should wait for the facts. Why is a roof top with a 150-yard shot not occupied?
??? What you talkin bout? Delta 8 x 200 mlg or old fashions since 4?

Never heard 500 yards until your post. Even yesterday all I heard was 150 yards.

Just the facts PVT. 150 yards is center mass, 500 yards is pure luck. What are you trying to say?
Sir Not saying anything sir, just asking.
Do you mean that at 150 yrds we should shoot center mass, and out to 500 yards is just luck? sir?

Never heard 500 yards until your post. Even yesterday all I heard was 150 yards.

I heard 500 yards on CNN. That got me thinking. I waited 25 hours to say what I knew about a 500-yard shot with a AR15.
The 150 number is all I've seen.

Edit to add: perhaps you heard 500 feet, not yards.

Maybe, Maybe, in the moment the CNN reporter was wrong. How can that kid get that weapon that close? Incompetence?
Overworked, understaffed (?), bad communication, a blind spot somewhere, there will be a lot of factors that go into the final explanation, I would think.

It won't be one thing, although they clearly all add up to negligence of some type.

Overworked, understaffed (?), bad communication, a blind spot somewhere, there will be a lot of factors that go into the final explanation, I would think.

It won't be one thing, although they clearly all add up to negligence of some type.
A question still needing answered, was there (or their works, too) laxity on purpose? If not, something at the subconscious level? A letting down of the guard, so to speak? Perhaps it is nothing more than the frailty of the human condition on display. That is, in the evolution of our five senses, our awareness of the environment still has limitations, allowing for occasional FU’s. It happens. We have seen it. We will continue to see it.

Sleep well tonight, for tomorrow is a new day, a day of clean slate and one called Monday.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

It was 137.333 yards which is 412 ft or 125.58 meters and anyone who can't put that shot in the black from the prone position simply isn't very good...

So..., let's round up to 138 yards, that's an easy shot from the prone position...

I once watched a young Marine shave the top off a road flare (and light it) using the same type of weapon, from the offhand position on his first shot, at slightly over 100 yards... Imagine what he could have done from the prone position from 138yards...

Trump was very fortunate to have survived...

I'm of the opinion that once the shooters primary target was out of sight, behind cover, he started targeting people in the crowd...

If you read about the other poor guys targeted, one was a fatal head shot, another center mass (liver & lung), haven't heard the details of the third guy... Supposedly there was a fourth guy , a Congressmans nephew, who had a graze wound to his neck...

Those all sound like aimed shots to me from a guy who's had to have had some practice with that weapon (he also knew enough to shoot from an elevated, prone position (the most stable position) rather than just winging it using offhand from anywhere else near the venue...

Why was a ladder left where he could easily use it to access the roof (or did he bring it with him)??

How in the hell he was allowed by the security detail to carry a rifle up a ladder and comfortably position himself to take those shots???

Once he was up there why wasn't he immediately engaged by the Counter Sniper Team?????

Those are the questions I want to hear the answers to...

AND one more big one:

Why didn't the Secret Service place someone, anyone, even a civilian volunteer, up on that water tower catwalk with even just a monocular and a radio with an overview of the entire venue???

The freaking Boy Scouts could have done a better job of securing that site (in my opinion)!

Plus another interesting question: Who assigned at least 4 (that's just the ones I could see) 5'2" +- females of average stature, to protect a 6'4" 250+ male and thought that it was a good idea...?

I don't know if DEI had anything to do with that or not but simple physics and common sense would tell most that That type of team makeup was a very bad idea...

Last edited:
It was 137.333 yards which is 412 ft or 125.58 meters and anyone who can't put that shot in the black from the prone position simply isn't very good...

So..., let's round up to 138 yards, that's an easy shot from the prone position...

I once watched a young Marine shave the top off a road flare (and light it) using the same type of weapon, from the offhand position on his first shot, at slightly over 100 yards... Imagine what he could have done from the prone position from 138yards...

Trump was very fortunate to have survived...

I'm of the opinion that once the shooters primary target was out of sight, behind cover, he started targeting people in the crowd...

If you read about the other poor guys targeted, one was a fatal head shot, another center mass (liver & lung), haven't heard the details of the third guy... Supposedly there was a fourth guy , a Congressmans nephew, who had a graze wound to his neck...

Those all sound like aimed shots to me from a guy who's had to have had some practice with that weapon (he also knew enough to shoot from an elevated, prone position (the most stable position) rather than just winging it using offhand from anywhere else near the venue...

Why was a ladder left where he could easily use it to access the roof (or did he bring it with him)??

How in the hell he was allowed by the security detail to carry a rifle up a ladder and comfortably position himself to take those shots???

Once he was up there why wasn't he immediately engaged by the Counter Sniper Team?????

Those are the questions I want to hear the answers to...

AND one more big one:

Why didn't the Secret Service place someone, anyone, even a civilian volunteer, up on that water tower catwalk with even just a monocular and a radio with an overview of the entire venue???

The freaking Boy Scouts could have done a better job of securing that site (in my opinion)!

Plus another interesting question: Who assigned at least 4 (that's just the ones I could see) 5'2" +- females of average stature, to protect a 6'4" 250+ male and thought that it was a good idea...?

I don't know if DEI had anything to do with that or not but simple physics and common sense would tell most that That type of team makeup was a very bad idea...
I left out another Big question:

When is the Head of the Secret Service even going to go in front of the American people and answer all of the above... ?????

I left out another Big question:

When is the Head of the Secret Service even going to go in front of the American people and answer all of the above... ?????
Kim Cheatle goes before the House Oversight committee on July 22 to answer questions as part of the investigation.

• Love
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT