ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies Bball Portal

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
I see the Louisville star PG surprised their fans and just entered the portal.

Guessing she's the top portal target in Ladies Bball.

With Grace's departure, seems like a good fit for Moren and company.

Hoping our top NIL people are jumping head first into this recruitment.

We have a women’s basketball team??

Reactions: brebelle3

Looks like she’s off the board already.

We have a chance being with Addidas. She was originally recruited by Mulkey when she was at Baylor. Now that Mulkeys squad is defending National Champions I'd say that is the likely destination

Reactions: papawboog
The ladies are fun to watch. Team ball and cohesive.
We have six starters, so with Grace turning pro, we will have 5 starters back. We have 2 guards coming in and still have two open spots.
Wish I knew who they felt they needed. Another big? More guards?
We lost our confidence at the end of the year when we battled back from behind to take the lead at Iowa. Only to have Clarke bury an off balance three with about a second left.
I am really hoping for a jump from Yardon (frosh of the year candidate last year), Sara’s three point shot, and development of Lex and Lilly. Syd will be Syd, a home grown force.
Chloe will continue to lead, defend, and push the pace.

We have six starters, so with Grace turning pro, we will have 5 starters back. We have 2 guards coming in and still have two open spots.
We lost our confidence at the end of the year when we battled back from behind to take the lead at Iowa. Only to have Clarke bury an off balance three with about a second left.
I am really hoping for a jump from Yardon (frosh of the year candidate last year), Sara’s three point shot, and development of Lex and Lilly. Syd will be Syd, a home grown force.
We have 3 open spots, The freshman take Grace and Geary's spots and you have 3 transfers--Petterson mid-year, Browne and Zaric after the year ended

I know who had the most disappointing year. Just curious, do you also think the Purdue men had a better year than the IU men?
Of course. As the girls, they won the conference, even though we beat them twice. The girls however, not only won the conference, they also beat PU twice. You really can’t be serious making this argument that the men were the better team. It’s laughable.

Of course. As the girls, they won the conference, even though we beat them twice. The girls however, not only won the conference, they also beat PU twice. You really can’t be serious making this argument that the men were the better team. It’s laughable.
Actually, I’m not arguing that. I just don’t play favorites. I don’t have to denigrate one to appreciate the other. That’s why I think your initial comment was bullshit.

Actually, I’m not arguing that. I just don’t play favorites. I don’t have to denigrate one to appreciate the other. That’s why I think your initial comment was bullshit.
zeke isn’t playing favorites, she’s just stating facts and I’m sure she’d love to see the men’s program achieve the same stature. Right now, the IU women’s program is the good one, by comparison, and only time will tell whether Woodson can have the men’s program consistently good.

zeke isn’t playing favorites, she’s just stating facts and I’m sure she’d love to see the men’s program achieve the same stature. Right now, the IU women’s program is the good one, by comparison, and only time will tell whether Woodson can have the men’s program consistently good.
The way this season ended was an abysmal FAILURE for the women. If the men did that we’d say they were choke artists and be calling for CMW’s head on a platter. Facts.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing
Well it was in response to the comment asking if we had a women’s team.

The way this season ended was an abysmal FAILURE for the women. If the men did that we’d say they were choke artists and be calling for CMW’s head on a platter. Facts.
I don’t think you even follow the women’s team. Did you watch Miami after they beat us? We should have won that game. But Mac was playing hurt and Miami hit insane shots. They didn’t shoot like that again, but still won. I’m a huge fan of both teams and I’m pretty confident Woody will get us elite again. But it’s hard to deny the women had a better year.

It would be great to get at least a starting PG and another post player. Moren has success with a 4 guard lineup plus one post. Mac and Lily are the bigs, but getting a dependable big for depth is important, especially if someone gets hurt.

The bigger get would be getting a PG who can penetrate and distribute. Tha would allow Chloe to focus more on being the 2 and not having so much responsibility handling the ball.

I don’t think you even follow the women’s team. Did you watch Miami after they beat us? We should have won that game. But Mac was playing hurt and Miami hit insane shots. They didn’t shoot like that again, but still won. I’m a huge fan of both teams and I’m pretty confident Woody will get us elite again. But it’s hard to deny the women had a better year.
LOL, sure. I watched enough to see the buzzer beater by CC, the game they pi$$ed away against OSU, and the heartbreaker against Miami in the second round. They shouldn’t of lost any of them, but that’s water under the bridge now. As for Miami? No, I turned the TV off in disgust within 2 seconds of the buzzer sounding and did not watch Miami or the rest of the tournament for that matter until the final four last weekend.

Sometimes. Purdue’s game against FDU, for example, defines and perfectly encapsulates their last 43 years and the majority of their existence as a program.

So the IU women's team has been to 2 S16's and an E8 over the past few years. And this year lost 4 games, 1 without Grace, two on missed travels at the end of the game, and one they just stunk it up against a press. I'd say it was a good season, though short of the goal.

By your standards, Bob Knight was an average coach from 82 to 08, only winning one title and underachieving the other years.

Hopefully Chloe finishes layups better and improves shooting.

Reactions: IUgradman
we need more athleticism and speed on the perimeter.

And, I said athleticism, but a better term might be physicality. Just as in the men's game, tough physical guards who can drive hurt us. Chloe and Grace, I don't perceive as slow, but they couldn't stop Miami's guards.

Last edited:
LOL, sure. I watched enough to see the buzzer beater by CC, the game they pi$$ed away against OSU, and the heartbreaker against Miami in the second round. They shouldn’t have lost any of them, but that’s water under the bridge now. As for Miami? No, I turned the TV off in disgust within 2 seconds of the buzzer sounding and did not watch Miami or the rest of the tournament for that matter until the final four last weekend.
Pssst…..everyone thinks you’re acting like an idiot. Shhhhhhhh, let the adults talk now.

dd173b2c-a9c2-458d-ab68-a92e97f6c6e1-smallScale_KenzieHolmes1.jpg

She may be 6'4", but Mackenzie cleans up well... really well!

I've always thought that. Most people that have only seen her on the court think I'm insane. I submit the photo above as Evidence A.
I've seen several pics where I thought her face looked attractive, but had never seen her in a sleeveless red dress! She looks shapely too!

Reactions: jmix and Jssanto
Hopefully Chloe finishes layups better and improves shooting.

She missed a bunny at a crucial time. It happens.

You imply she is a poor shooter. Last year, she shot 44% from the field and 34% from 3, and every year her stats have improved. She is not a poor shooter, especially when you consider that she played a lot of PG while always have the #1 assignment guarding the opponent's best player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT