ADVERTISEMENT

La lumiere

Stewart announces at halftime of the Oak Hill game on ESPN. My guess is Brooks announces by end of the month.

I don't really follow this prep school thing . Why is there a school in Laporte getting these players . I get a guy that after Sr year is sketchy on academics if that is the reason but they can't play in the state tournament. It seems like Jr, Jr college somehow.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Speaking of Washington, Markelle Fultz was prominently highlighted as a player who received substantial financial benefits while at Washington before leaving for the NBA.

Maybe this is the first time I can recall a kid out of a high school in Indiana going way out to Washington... for basketball, no less.

Gee, I wonder if there is any connection there? Duke, Michigan State, mighty Washington?

I see they play Dematha Monday on ESPNU at 5 PM , if any one wants to watch Brooks and Stewart play

Brooks looks like a darn good player... actually looked like the best player on the floor. Agressive, quick, bouncy, energetic and versatile. This won't make IU fans excited, but it looks like he needs to continue developing his jump shot.

I was largely unimpressed with Stewart. He has skills you can't teach for sure, but he did not appear tough or aggressive to me. Maybe just this game. Don't get me wrong, any team would love to have him, he just didn't look like the #5 player in the country from what I saw.

Only other comment about the broadcast... it was typical ESPN east coast bias. They waxed poetic about DaMatha and how great they are, all even predicted the DM upset. LaLu was up by 14 with 4:40 to go when posted.

Speaking of Washington, Markelle Fultz was prominently highlighted as a player who received substantial financial benefits while at Washington before leaving for the NBA.

Maybe this is the first time I can recall a kid out of a high school in Indiana going way out to Washington... for basketball, no less.

Gee, I wonder if there is any connection there? Duke, Michigan State, mighty Washington?
Stewart is not from Indiana but up state New York. Washington' coach was a former Syracuse assistant and has been recruiting Stewart since the 8th grade

I don't really follow this prep school thing . Why is there a school in Laporte getting these players . I get a guy that after Sr year is sketchy on academics if that is the reason but they can't play in the state tournament. It seems like Jr, Jr college somehow.
It's a Prep School.

washington? really? he is going to play ball in the land of the forgotten, where no one will hear anything about him east of the washington border. for one year. i bet you are right about the money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT