ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Garcia Commits

PU's top in-state recruit is #10....Burris is #9.

Lets get him :)

Although PU is forecasted to get the top in-state recruit :(
Who?

-Shanklin is going to LSU or ND
-Zackery is committed to ND
-Hall just received a Crystal Ball to Stanford 2 hours ago

I'll concede that they may get Marion Dye but he's not the top player in the state.

Who?

-Shanklin is going to LSU or ND
-Zackery is committed to ND
-Hall just received a Crystal Ball to Stanford 2 hours ago

I'll concede that they may get Marion Dye but he's not the top player in the state.

Rivals has Dye as #1....not that their rankings are the end all, be all to rankings but have to use something.

Stinks about Hall since we were recruiting him. Although we don't seem to be hurting for WRs. Maybe our staff liked Chandler and Bond better.

Rivals has Dye as #1....not that their rankings are the end all, be all to rankings but have to use something.

Stinks about Hall since we were recruiting him. Although we don't seem to be hurting for WRs. Maybe our staff liked Chandler and Bond better.
Fair enough, I was looking at 247 which had Dye ranked considerably lower. Seems like a three horse race between Purdue, Tennessee, and Ohio State. Believe Dye has a brother at Purdue.

Tennessean article on Kyler Garcia's IU Commitment - Pat Kuntz seems like a recruiting stud

Pearl-Cohn senior defensive lineman Kyler Garcia said Indiana football defensive tackles coach Pat Kuntz was a major reason he committed to the Hoosiers on Wednesday.

"Coach Kuntz is a really good guy," Garcia said. "He's very passionate, not only about coaching, but about Indiana. I feel very strongly about Coach Kuntz. (Indiana) lined up with everything I've been looking for in my journey."

The 6-foot-4, 275-pound Garcia had a final five that included the Hoosiers, Georgia, Wisconsin, Louisville and Purdue. He also had offers from Vanderbilt, Memphis and others, according to 247Sports, which ranks him as a three-star prospect and the No. 27 player in Tennessee in the 2025 class.

"I strongly considered (Georgia)," Garcia said. "It just really didn't work out for me."

He has taken multiple visits to Indiana, including one last weekend.

Garcia helped Pearl-Cohn capture the Class 4A state championship in 2023. He finished the year with 55 tackles, including 13 for loss, and had four sacks. He was a big part of the Firebirds shutting out eight opponents and allowing just 58 points during his junior season.

It was Pearl-Cohn's first state championship since 1997.

"I'm very excited (about the upcoming season)," Garcia said. "I'm ready to get back to work. I'll finally be able to be myself, no more trips. I just want to be a stud in the weight room, a stud on the field and be better than I was last year, and rack up another state championship."
https://popup.taboola.com/
Pearl-Cohn DL Kyler Garcia commits to Indiana football

Guess we lost Hall. Stanford? Is the kid a goof or a genius?
Guess it came down to Stanford and Purdue per Purdue's GBI Insider.

Hall wanted to go Purdue but his parents "made him" go to Stanford...if you can believe that.

Of course Purdue is 0 for 7 this week on commitments where they were in the final 2-3 and same insider incorrectly picked Purdue all 7 times. That staff is a mess right now. They are quickly pivoting to "this was supposed to be a small class anyway" to try and justify only 8 recruits to date. Walters needs a miracle.

Are they just shooting too high for talent? It would seem they should see some benefit from the direct compensation that will be paid to players in the 2025 class (unless they are unwilling to commit to paying it).
Not sure. I pay no attention to them except a poster noted they had a string of misses (ha).

I know they have one collective and it’s not very good. But they’re in the B1G like us and will benefit from that as you noted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT