ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle King to MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there some sort of connection between king and msu? just seems a bit peculiar.

No connection that I know of. IU was recruiting both King and Spegal. Not sure if Spegal has actually been offered yet but he (like King) had visits to IU, Purdue and MSU. I wonder if King’s decision influences Spegal down the road. King spurned both the in state schools.

MSU is ahead of IU in FB program and academics aren't as stringent. Always going to be a tough get for IU.

And basketball too. Often discarded because IU basketball is supposed to have some kind of mystique to it but Izzo has the upper hand in recruiting. Always be tough to compete against them. Kind of a double whammy for our cash cows.

This stuff will keep happening until we start whipping their A$$ on the football field. Kids want to go play for winning programs. Hopefully CTA is starting to turn things around. It is disheartening but facts are facts. MSU has a winning tradition and kids are more interested in playing for Dantonio right now, even though things seem to be a mess with the sex scandal stuff. This is why I hope CTA has a very successful career at IU, so he can be a good example and show kids you can win and do things the right way.

A young man just made a decision for his future. Why all the hate? If he prefers another school, wish him well. Let's go find the young men who want to be Hoosiers and welcome them!
I agree with you. However, I think it is pretty safe to speculate that he didn’t prefer another school over IU for the academics .... therefore a Mr. Wonderful “You're Dead to Me” can be excused being uttered for basically saying he prefers MSU football over IUFB.

Nothing personal towards the kid. Just like Tommy at PSU and others. No ill will desired but these guys could have been stars here

Last edited:
A young man just made a decision for his future. Why all the hate? If he prefers another school, wish him well. Let's go find the young men who want to be Hoosiers and welcome them!

100% agree! His life, there are literally hundreds of kids being offered and evaluated. You don’t marry everyone you date. Relax, his not signing at IU leaves a spot open for someone who is pumped to come to the best place for them in their eyes. It’s June!

This stuff will keep happening until we start whipping their A$$ on the football field. Kids want to go play for winning programs. Hopefully CTA is starting to turn things around. It is disheartening but facts are facts. MSU has a winning tradition and kids are more interested in playing for Dantonio right now, even though things seem to be a mess with the sex scandal stuff. This is why I hope CTA has a very successful career at IU, so he can be a good example and show kids you can win and do things the right way.
If you actually take the time to read the reports of the "sex scandal stuff" you'll see that Mark Dantonio did things by the letter of the law,and I believe it was stated as such in both of the Title IX investigations,the NCAA inquiry & the law firm that was hired to investigate how Dantonio handled things.
There's a reason he's been voted one of the most honest head coaches by his peers more than once and as a guy other coaches would want their kids to play for.
Also heard on several occasions that Tom Allen & Dantonio share a genuine mutual respect.

To be honest, what kid wouldn’t? Dantonio is proven and has a great program. He’s produced a ton of NFL players. Allen is trying to build a program half as successful as MSU.
He's a proven sleeze too, that is why any kid might not want to play for him.

We landed 4 of the top 6 kids from IN in this year’s class, including 2 4-stars. We’ve already got multiple in-state kids committed for next year, and we could add another soon.

What exactly is disheartening? Do you expect to land EVERY prospect?

We landed 4 of the top 6 kids from IN in this year’s class, including 2 4-stars. We’ve already got multiple in-state kids committed for next year, and we could add another soon.

LoL.....oh yes,such a bummer to play in & win bowl games and the B10 title game.Poor Kyle his prospects r looking so dim by playing & attending school in East Lansing.
He won't play, & what a rewarding experience it will be riding the pine, practicing every day for 4 years for a coach that doesn't care about you.

Agreed--no worries here, especially at DE.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He won't play, & what a rewarding experience it will be riding the pine, practicing every day for 4 years for a coach that doesn't care about you.
Do some research, other coaches voted Dantonio as a coach they'd want their kids to play for because he does care about his players. This is one of the ways I think Dantonio & Tom Allen r similar.

Reactions: JDMEvergreen
If you actually take the time to read the reports of the "sex scandal stuff" you'll see that Mark Dantonio did things by the letter of the law,and I believe it was stated as such in both of the Title IX investigations,the NCAA inquiry & the law firm that was hired to investigate how Dantonio handled things.
There's a reason he's been voted one of the most honest head coaches by his peers more than once and as a guy other coaches would want their kids to play for.
Also heard on several occasions that Tom Allen & Dantonio share a genuine mutual respect.
Oh spare me!!! The son of a bitch started a running back in a home game against IU two years ago that had a rap sheet stretching from Ann Arbor to East Lansing!!!

That tells me he'll do anything to get a W!!!

Oh spare me!!! The son of a bitch started a running back in a home game against IU two years ago that had a rap sheet stretching from Ann Arbor to East Lansing!!!

That tells me he'll do anything to get a W!!!

You make him sound like he was one of the FBI's 10 most wanted.

That rap sheet you speak of consists of 7 driving violations.

March 2016: Speeding and driving with an expired license. He paid $330 fine for these infractions.

April 2016: Reckless driving in his hometown. Paid $531 fine.

July 2016: Scott was pulled over by East Lansing police for not having his headlights on. He was charged with driving on a suspended license and driving with an open alcohol container, but those charges were dropped and Scott pleaded to two counts of impeding traffic.

March 2017: Scott was pulled over and charged with driving on a suspended license. That charged was dropped for one count of impeding traffic.

July 2017: Scott pleaded no contest to driving without a valid license.

I agree these traffic violations show his stupidity and disregard for the law as well as his poor judgement. All were misdemeanors, all were adjudicated, and he paid his fine or satisfied the courts sentence. How much did Scott's playing against IU determine the outcome?

And how much of an impact did Scott make in the outcome of the game? He rushed for 87 yards (18 of those yards came after TA instructed his defense to allow MSU to score, and MSU only outgained IU by 22 yards), and as I recall IU held the lead until there was 6 minutes remaining in the game.

Indiana vs #18 Michigan State (Oct 21, 2017 at East Lansing, Mich.)
Team Totals
IND MSU
FIRST DOWNS
14 19
Rushing 3 5
Passing 8 10
Penalty 3 4
NET YARDS RUSHING 94 89
Rushing Attempts 35 44
Average Per Rush 2.7 2.0
Rushing Touchdowns 0 1
Yards Gained Rushing 105 141
Yards Lost Rushing 11 52
NET YARDS PASSING 158 185
Completions-Attempts-Int 22-34-0 16-30-0
Average Per Attempt 4.6 6.2
Average Per Completion 7.2 11.6
Passing Touchdowns 0 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 252 274
Total offense plays 69 74
Average Gain Per Play 3.7 3.7
Fumbles: Number-Lost 1-0 3-1
Penalties: Number-Yards 10-115 3-35
PUNTS-YARDS 9-393 8-370
Average Yards Per Punt 43.7 46.2
Net Yards Per Punt 42.7 42.5
Inside 20 4 3
50+ Yards 1 2
Touchbacks 0 1
Fair catch 3 3
KICKOFFS-YARDS 4-257 4-258
Average Yards Per Kickoff 64.2 64.5
Net Yards Per Kickoff 40.5 38.2
Touchbacks 3 2
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 3-10-0 4-9-0
Average Per Return 3.3 2.2
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 2-55-0 1-20-0
Average Per Return 27.5 20.0
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 25:39 34:21
1st Quarter 7:12 7:48
2nd Quarter 4:43 10:17
3rd Quarter 7:49 7:11
4th Quarter 5:55 9:05
Third-Down Conversions 4 of 17 6 of 17
Fourth-Down Conversions 0 of 1 1 of 2
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 2-2 3-3
Touchdowns 0-2 2-3
Field goals 2-2 1-3
Sacks By: Number-Yards 3-19 2-5
PAT Kicks 0-0 2-2
Field Goals 3-3 1-1
Points off turnovers 3 0

Oh I'm sorry, he's cleaned up his act in recent years, right? Why are you here? Do we troll MSU boards? I don't care about your opinion, sir.
I'm hear to read & comment occassionally, sorry ur offended but not trolling.Dantonio's act has been clean from the get go,again I think he & IU's head coach r very similar and this is one of them......Sir.

March 2016: Speeding and driving with an expired license. He paid $330 fine for these infractions.

July 2016: Scott was pulled over by East Lansing police for not having his headlights on. He was charged with driving on a suspended license and driving with an open alcohol container, but those charges were dropped and Scott pleaded to two counts of impeding traffic.

March 2017: Scott was pulled over and charged with driving on a suspended license. That charged was dropped for one count of impeding traffic.

I agree these traffic violations show his stupidity and disregard for the law as well as his poor judgement. All were misdemeanors, all were adjudicated, and he paid his fine or satisfied the courts sentence. How much did Scott's playing against IU determine the outcome?

And how much of an impact did Scott make in the outcome of the game? He rushed for 87 yards (18 of those yards came after TA instructed his defense to allow MSU to score, and MSU only outgained IU by 22 yards), and as I recall IU held the lead until there was 6 minutes remaining in the game.

Team Totals
IND MSU
FIRST DOWNS
14 19
Rushing 3 5
Passing 8 10
Penalty 3 4
NET YARDS RUSHING 94 89
Rushing Attempts 35 44
Average Per Rush 2.7 2.0
Rushing Touchdowns 0 1
Yards Lost Rushing 11 52
Passing Touchdowns 0 1
PUNTS-YARDS 9-393 8-370
Inside 20 4 3
50+ Yards 1 2
Touchbacks 0 1
Fair catch 3 3
Touchbacks 3 2
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Touchdowns 0-2 2-3
Field goals 2-2 1-3
PAT Kicks 0-0 2-2
Field Goals 3-3 1-1
Points off turnovers 3 0
5 arrests within 16 months for similar violations (how many violations where he wasn't caught?) tells me the dumbass thought he was above the law b/c he was an MSU football player. Did Dantonio do anything to dissuade that kind of thinking?

Last edited:

Team Totals
IND MSU
FIRST DOWNS
14 19
Rushing 3 5
Passing 8 10
Penalty 3 4
NET YARDS RUSHING 94 89
Rushing Attempts 35 44
Average Per Rush 2.7 2.0
Rushing Touchdowns 0 1
Yards Lost Rushing 11 52
Passing Touchdowns 0 1
PUNTS-YARDS 9-393 8-370
Inside 20 4 3
50+ Yards 1 2
Touchbacks 0 1
Fair catch 3 3
Touchbacks 3 2
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Touchdowns 0-2 2-3
Field goals 2-2 1-3
PAT Kicks 0-0 2-2
Field Goals 3-3 1-1
Points off turnovers 3 0
with all due respect sir, i know you're supporting your team and all, but how many chances does a guy get? this sounds very much like tom izzo's way of thinking.

I'm sure he was counselled by the staff .

So the question is for someone from a terribly disadvantaged upbringing, a single parent family in poverty, was the "crime" severe enough to warrant denying him a future in an area where he has potential to make a living.

It seems pretty heartless if not impractical to think Dantonio should not support him to the extent possible.

If you think bigger picture and not just about recruiting victories or losses you'll see the light.

When the RB for MSU got his 7th (??) driving violation for the exact same problem (no license?), and then played in the IU game, that told me all I needed to know about MSU and accountability... there is none. Which is under scored by the schools sex abuse scandal(s) ... the gymnastics fiasco is something that is completely unfathomable ... unless you are a PSU apologist.

I'm sure he was counselled by the staff .

So the question is for someone from a terribly disadvantaged upbringing, a single parent family in poverty, was the "crime" severe enough to warrant denying him a future in an area where he has potential to make a living.

It seems pretty heartless if not impractical to think Dantonio should not support him to the extent possible.

If you think bigger picture and not just about recruiting victories or losses you'll see the light.
Enabler.

I'm hear to read & comment occassionally, sorry ur offended but not trolling.Dantonio's act has been clean from the get go,again I think he & IU's head coach r very similar and this is one of them......Sir.
I'm offended at the suggestion that Tom Allen is "very similar" to D'antonio. I think you have selective memory when it comes to your coach's character. & furthermore, you just happened to "read & comment occasionally" on an opponents site in the immediate wake of getting a pledge from a kid they were also recruiting? B.S., that's trolling.

Last edited:
I'm offended at the suggestion that Tom Allen is "very similar" to D'antonio. I think you have selective memory when it comes to your coach's character. & furthermore, you just happened to "read & comment occasionally" on an opponents site in the immediate wake of getting a pledge from a kid they were also recruiting? B.S., that's trolling.
Then b offended,but u r either ignoring or missing numerous important facts about Dantonio & his history. I'm not trolling & its obvious since I've mostly replied to u and ur non-factual assertions, if u don't believe me that's fine,but I do have respect for IU's current HC and the way they play football & it's been mentioned by others besides me that coach D & the Hoosiers HC share a mutual respect.

Geez, can't believe the delusion (transparent attempt to cover butthurt) here re: the moral judgement of Dantonio?? You all did read the following, no?

"If you actually take the time to read the reports of the "sex scandal stuff" you'll see that Mark Dantonio did things by the letter of the law,and I believe it was stated as such in both of the Title IX investigations,the NCAA inquiry & the law firm that was hired to investigate how Dantonio handled things.
There's a reason he's been voted one of the most honest head coaches by his peers more than once and as a guy other coaches would want their kids to play for."

MSU posters respectfully bring facts to an emotional backlash impugning the character of coach Dantonio & you respond by dismissing the clearing of his good name against the most intense of scrutiny?? Just why is it so difficult for (so many of) you --including a moderator-- to consider the possibility coach Dantonio's not an enabler or permitter of illegal behavior by his players?? Sorry the facts above do not support the comfortable excuse provided by a self-proclaimed moral high ground where, in reality, none exists. As for academics, don't just take my word for it....

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

There are quite a trail of issues cited here.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ichigan-state-football-basketball/1069826001/

"Sixteen players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women under football coach Mark Dantonio’s watch since 2007, according to interviews and public records obtained by ESPN"

"In ESPN’s report, former Michigan State sexual assault counselor Lauren Allswede was interviewed. The former Michigan State staffer of seven years left the university in 2015 because of how the athletic program covered up sexual assault cases. Allswede said sexual assault cases were handled or investigated by the athletic department, including Hollis and coaches of players accused.

Allswede said: “Whatever protocol or policy was in place, whatever frontline staff might normally be involved in response or investigation, it all got kind of swept away and it was handled more by administration (and) athletic department officials. It was all happening behind closed doors. ... None of it was transparent or included people who would normally be involved in certain decisions."

"A lot of the statements that are coming out now ... from Mark Hollis or administration claiming there's no rape culture, is misleading," Allswede added. "When there's multiple reports against specific programs, that needs to be followed up on. That needs to be addressed. It's not a coincidence."

Perhaps there is nothing there. Perhaps all 16 accusations were baseless. Or, perhaps Lauren Allswede has a point that MSU is good at sweeping issues under the rug and handling their problems behind closed doors.

Regarding the MSU running back that played in 2017 just a few days after his 7th traffic violation and 5th arrest, I do not believe an IU football player would have played in a game under similar circumstances under Coach Allen.

Indiana has their own issues and challenges in keeping players out of trouble in all sports. As do all D1 schools. It just seems MSU has had a bit more challenges and more damning issues. It's understandable, to me, why some may think Coach MD is not above looking the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT