ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Hendricks runs this b*tch.

We just rentin' space, yo.
Hell of a game. Nice to see Hendrick's performance after some struggles this year.

And Addison Russell continues to prove he is the real deal, Starlin continues to struggle, and Baez is playing SS and making a mockery of AAA pitching. A lot of smoke about dealing Castro. Something is going down in the next few weeks.

Hell of a game. Nice to see Hendrick's performance after some struggles this year.

And Addison Russell continues to prove he is the real deal, Starlin continues to struggle, and Baez is playing SS and making a mockery of AAA pitching. A lot of smoke about dealing Castro. Something is going down in the next few weeks.
Castro for Syndegard from the Mets...do it now!!! Bring up Schwarber and put him in LF.

Castro for Syndegard from the Mets...do it now!!! Bring up Schwarber and put him in LF.

Has Castro really been that bad? I haven't watched a lot of the Cubs, but have kept track. The sense I've got is that he's played pretty well. Now, I've always thought he needed to mature quite a bit, so I'm not necessarily opposed to dealing him.

I'm a big proponent of dealing Baez though once he shows he can rake in the majors. That kid just strikes out too much. And I don't think that'll ever change... Cubs have more than enough power.

I want guys that will make pitchers work.

Reactions: hoosierdug
It'll take more than Castro to get Syndegard. Alcantara and Vogelbach maybe? I like Castro, but Baez and Russell have much higher ceilings. Both have more power and are better defenders. Obviously there are a lot more questions about Baez but he's still only 22 and he has all the ability in the world. He's also been tossed from two games and is somewhat of a knucklehead, but that power and defense is really intriguing. And obviously Russell is a flat out stud.

On Cards sportswriters' podcast, they mentioned the Cubs are supposedly shopping Castro for pitching, which makes sense given the bullpen issues you guys have,

It'll take more than Castro to get Syndegard. Alcantara and Vogelbach maybe? I like Castro, but Baez and Russell have much higher ceilings. Both have more power and are better defenders. Obviously there are a lot more questions about Baez but he's still only 22 and he has all the ability in the world. He's also been tossed from two games and is somewhat of a knucklehead, but that power and defense is really intriguing. And obviously Russell is a flat out stud.

I saw this stat last night on Twitter, found it interesting:

"Castro hits the ball hard 8.7% of the time, 6th worst in the league. Average is 15.5 percent."

Still, I see no way they trade away Castro for pitching this year and rely solely on Baez.

I saw this stat last night on Twitter, found it interesting:

"Castro hits the ball hard 8.7% of the time, 6th worst in the league. Average is 15.5 percent."

Still, I see no way they trade away Castro for pitching this year and rely solely on Baez.
They aren't going to win the World Series this year with or without Castro. If dealing him gets the Cubs closer to being a legit contender in the near future then you deal him.

They aren't going to win the World Series this year with or without Castro. If dealing him gets the Cubs closer to being a legit contender in the near future then you deal him.
It's all about:
1. When are you ready to call Baez up?
2. When can you get best return for Castro?

I have to imagine both of those questions will be answered sooner rather than later.

I bet Castro is gone within the next couple of weeks.

It's all about:
1. When are you ready to call Baez up?
2. When can you get best return for Castro?

I have to imagine both of those questions will be answered sooner rather than later.

I bet Castro is gone within the next couple of weeks.
I think you're right. There is a lot of smoke around Castro. I'm glad the people running the Cubs are fearless and a lot smarter than me.

I think you're right. There is a lot of smoke around Castro. I'm glad the people running the Cubs are fearless and a lot smarter than me.
Yeah, I'm going to miss Castro, but I won't be mad at Theo for moving him. The math just doesn't work long-term with Castro, Baez, Bryant and Russell all on the team, especially going down the road to either 2016 or 2017 when they call Schwarber up, assuming they use him at least part of the time in the outfield. So even if they could massage the roster to keep them all this year, will Castro be more valuable in a trade now or next year? That's got to enter the equation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT