ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Tom Crean for a recruiting honor.

HurryinHsr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Noblesville, Indiana
It may not seem like much but it was gratifying to see IU ranked #27 in the updated Recruiting Rankings. To do so after two less than enamoring seasons is a testimony to the efforts of the coaching staff. Some may argue that #27 is too low for a school like IU but when you consider how well landing Thomas Bryant fills a hole in the roster then the ranking loses its significance. When you combine Bryant with what we have this year we are looking very solid. If Crean does the rest of his job well we will be pleased to see IU in the thick of things when the NCAA tournament comes around.

In addition the hard work on the recruiting trail does seem to have us coming down to the wire with a good shot at a solid 2016 class. We will see where it all shakes down but considering the results and frustrations of following a team with an unbalanced roster I think Crean has done a lot to right the ship. I am not asking anyone to jump on the bandwagon because I still have my concerns with Crean's in-game coaching and frankly I would have been happy if he was let go last year. But considering my past criticisms I think Crean deserves some credit for not giving up and doing what is necessary to give us a team worth following.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News