ADVERTISEMENT

Kokomo's Taking A Page Out Of Tom Izzo's Book

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
With the way they scheduled their first half of the season schedule, must've really wanted Flory to show what he could do against the state's top competition. 7 of their 9 opponents are currently in the Top 20 in their respective classes (Official rankings only go 1-10, so what I list as 11 and above are just going by the teams position in the Others Receiving Votes section). Here's their schedule until/during Christmas break:

@#15 (4A) Westfield L 39-47
@#9 (3A) Peru W 61-50
(Neutral)vs #2 (4A) Ben Davis L 51-58
vs McCutcheon
vs #10 (3A) Lebanon
vs #20 (4A) Marion
vs #8 (4A) Carmel
vs #18 (4A) Zionsville
Phil Cox Memorial Tournament (Kokomo HS December 29&30)
December 29 vs FW Bishop Luers
December 30 vs either #16 (4A)Center Grove or South Bend Riley
Other teams in the tournament Kokomo could face in either the 3rd Place game or Championship on the 30th: #9 (4A) Warren Central,
#20 (3A) Guerin Catholic,
Columbia City, #4 (4A) Brownsburg,

Post Christmas Break schedule is easier with only 2 opponents currently in their classes Top 20, #18 (2A) Tipton and
#7 (4A) Anderson

Last edited:
IU should re think their scheduling too.
Need better prep games for the B10.
Give it time it’s only Woodson’s second year. He had no say last year and this year they were able to add a few high profile games. And the UK series is coming back. Crean and Miller never played this kind of schedule that we have now.

Reactions: Jayhoosier83
With the way they scheduled their first half of the season schedule, must've really wanted Flory to show what he could do against the state's top competition. 7 of their 9 opponents are currently in the Top 20 in their respective classes (Official rankings only go 1-10, so what I list as 11 and above are just going by the teams position in the Others Receiving Votes section). Here's their schedule until/during Christmas break:

@#15 (4A) Westfield L 39-47
@#9 (3A) Peru W 61-50
(Neutral)vs #2 (4A) Ben Davis L 51-58
vs McCutcheon
vs #10 (3A) Lebanon
vs #20 (4A) Marion
vs #8 (4A) Carmel
vs #18 (4A) Zionsville
Phil Cox Memorial Tournament (Kokomo HS December 29&30)
December 29 vs FW Bishop Luers
December 30 vs either #16 (4A)Center Grove or South Bend Riley
Other teams in the tournament Kokomo could face in either the 3rd Place game or Championship on the 30th: #9 (4A) Warren Central,
#20 (3A) Guerin Catholic,
Columbia City, #4 (4A) Brownsburg,

Post Christmas Break schedule is easier with only 2 opponents currently in their classes Top 20, #18 (2A) Tipton and
#7 (4A) Anderson
If they didn't turn the ball over as much Kokomo would have been Ben Davis imho.

Because Kansas, Xavier, North Carolina, Arizona are not good enough prep games?
Yeah, exactly. They are not enough good prep games (especially UNC, haha).
I think IU needs to move forward with better games. Does two exhibition games plus Morehead State, B-CU, A-LR, Jackson State, Elon, Kennesaw State really get us prepared for the B10 and our featured games?
A couple of "cupcakes" (hate that term) and then select the better low and mid major programs or even the bottom dwellers of the major conferences. I'd rather see some 10-12 point wins with some drama than 30-40 point blow outs. Might make a difference in developing behaviors that prevent the Rutger wake up call.

I think it was last yr Peru beat them which for them was a hug win. I used to live in that area spending 11 yrs there.
Yeah, Peru had a 2 game win streak against Kokomo until last weekend. When Peru won at Kokomo last year, it was only the 3rd or 4th time they had beat the Wildkats in Memorial Gym.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT