ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard Fired

And we are going to end up on the outside looking in --------- AGAIN!!
If Donovan, Stevens, and Matta get hired this offseason, I'll be more pissed than if May, Schertz, etc... end up getting jobs like Mich, OSU, Louisville. Give Donovan a year off, maybe he'll be ready to jump back in to the college game next offseason? Maybe next offseason is when Jay Wright decides to get back into it? Maybe Matta gets more healthy, and more acclimated with NIL dynamics by next offseason?

I don't think we're likely going to have a OSU/Matta miss, or a Stevens miss, THIS offseason.

Crean wishes be could find a gig like Michigan. Georgia really humbled his ego. His ego also wont allow him to go to a mid major.
Did you notice that Holtmann went to Depaul? That has been a rough gig for a while now. I do wish him the best. But Depaul is no OSU. Your point about ego is warranted. Sometimes you gotta take your lumps like a man and just get after it even if it is not as great of a gig you once had.

Reactions: bIhawk and rrdd2021
If Donovan, Stevens, and Matta get hired this offseason, I'll be more pissed than if May, Schertz, etc... end up getting jobs like Mich, OSU, Louisville. Give Donovan a year off, maybe he'll be ready to jump back in to the college game next offseason? Maybe next offseason is when Jay Wright decides to get back into it? Maybe Matta gets more healthy, and more acclimated with NIL dynamics by next offseason?

I don't think we're likely going to have a OSU/Matta miss, or a Stevens miss, THIS offseason.
If Stevens gets hired, I'm leaving the country.

Billy's got the Bulls close to a playoff birth. I don't think he's leaving Chicago....yet.

Did you notice that Holtmann went to Depaul? That has been a rough gig for a while now. I do wish him the best. But Depaul is no OSU. Your point about ego is warranted. Sometimes you gotta take your lumps like a man and just get after it even if it is not as great of a gig you once had.
A lump that pays $2 mil per year

Thank goodness IU followed the Michigan model in hiring Woodson along with a sage former head coach to show him the ropes.

Reactions: Bill4411

Donovan and Stevens aren't leaving their positions. Donovan has 2 more years on his contract and the Bulls are in the playoff race while Stevens is the head of the best team in the NBA. I haven't been impressed by Matta. Bottom half of the Big East this season and while he had nice wins over Creighton and Marquette, they limped out of the Big East tournament and have a worst Q1+Q2 record than Indiana (8-14 vs 9-12).

As much as Woodsons offense makes me want to poke my eyeballs out, I don't think there's a P5 coach who would likely move our way this offseason. And a P5 coach is one of my requisites for HC. I love the idea of Dusty May bringing us back to elite standing or Schertz who has had a Deboer-esque run at lower levels and has the Sycamores on the bubble. However, I do not want a repeat of Archie Miller and a lower level coach being in over his head. Miller was the best hire at the time and couldn't cut it, we need someone who has proven they can win with high expectations. It's really too bad Mizzou had such a sophomore slump under Dennis Gates as he would have been my next pick for HC if they impressed again this season.

For those hoping for Indiana getting May, the best case is for an OSU win tonight against Illinois which would probably vault a very hot OSU team into the Big Dance and all but assure Diebler getting hired as the next OSU HC thus eliminating May. If you read the OSU inside stuff, it's down to Diebler and May

I thought UMich should have fired him when he slapped the Wisconsin coach in the face in the handshake line.
Harbaugh was suspended for 6 of his games last season, not a good look IMO.
It's the Michigan way of doing things plus he's a "Michigan Man."

Last edited:
He did and Woodson initially had the program reunited and even got RMK back in the hall before he passed. Look at pictures from that game when he came back. The crowd went nuts and Isiah fired up the crowd and then we got thumped.

Right or wrong it was okay not great for two years. Made the tourney, finished tied for 2nd in the Big Ten last year, beat PU twice led by JHS and TJD and then got knocked out of the tourney with a good thumping. Sound like a pattern. Then this year since the Kansas game we led for 36 minutes it was downhill completely and everybody completely turned-on Woodson regardless of the initial hiring feelings.

We will see what happens with roster after we lose tonight, tomorrow or Sunday.

Reactions: IUgradman
Yeah, this team would be so much better without Ware or Mgbako or Reneau.

And no TJD last year. Woulda been stellar.
We will never know but:
Lotta guys better than MR & MM.
And maybe a program with a balanced roster with stronger guard play running a real offense and defense.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucy01
Thank goodness IU followed the Michigan model in hiring Woodson along with a sage former head coach to show him the ropes.
And his “Just For Men” beard products NIL
deal must be enormous as well. Additive.
This cat has the energy of the too early tulip bulbs in my yard.
Anyone see the pre-game interview on a must win night against Nebraska!!??

At least Izzo fakes it better.

Makes no one want to play here.

Reactions: go_iu
I thought UMich should have fired him when he slapped the Wisconsin coach in the face in the handshake line.
Harbaugh was suspended for 6 of his games last season, not a good look IMO.
I wonder what the real story was on Howard going after his own S&C coach? I assume that contributed. Along with scarce wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT