ADVERTISEMENT

Just to illustrate the disparity between divisions

I kind of beg to differ on the 2022 class being awful. It's way better than last year and could be argued as Brohms second best class at Purdue. What gets me is everyone talks about how great a player going to the all-american bowl is really good, right? But why would a guy playing in that only be a 3 star?
The 2020 class is better than 2022 class, there's no argument, 2020 finished 32nd nationally. 2022 is currently 39th, with room to fall as Purdue seems to have filled their class, and there are plenty of schools that will pass them once their class is full. By Avg rating it's the 12th out of 14 in the B1G. If you're convincing yourself this class is good, you're acknowledging that Jeff Brohm is a horrible recruiter.

I understand class sizes often dictate rankings but as it stands now the B10 East sits 1-7 in class rankings and B10 West sits 8-14. Obviously Iowa and Wisconsin are great developmental programs, especially on both sides of the line, but anyone (all Purdue people essentially) who doesn't understand why it's that much harder to compete in the East division over the West division due to wide talent disparity needs their heads examined. It speaks volumes that an Indiana team coming off an abysmal 2-10 season is out-recruiting every single program in the West.
If you can't coach, it is almost irrelevant that you allegedly outrecruit...multiple schools in the bottom of the B1G East division that showed that, and, show it frequently.

Never mind the obvious...Indinia is going to be an afterthought in either division (as evidenced by their winless record against both divisions).

The only people that need their head examined are those that failed to realize that last year was an anomaly...just as this year showed.

Funny...I don't see OSU, UM, PSU or the like whining about "the disparity" between the B1G divisions.

If you can't coach, it is almost irrelevant that you allegedly outrecruit...multiple schools in the bottom of the B1G East division that showed that, and, show it frequently.

Never mind the obvious...Indinia is going to be an afterthought in either division (as evidenced by their winless record against both divisions).

The only people that need their head examined are those that failed to realize that last year was an anomaly...just as this year showed.

Funny...I don't see OSU, UM, PSU or the like whining about "the disparity" between the B1G divisions.
WTF are you talking about, UM and PSU fans constantly complain about living in OSU's shadow, meanwhile clowns like Iowa and Northwestern get a chance to play in the B1G title game and they get run out of Lucas Oil Stadium every year. The fans of those three programs consider the B1G West to be a joke outside of Wisconsin and well, they aren't wrong. I can tell you're a Purdue fan(the sad Indinia joke tipped me off and there's only one fanbase dumb enough to still make terrible jokes like that), Purdue would've been lucky to make a bowl this year with Indiana's schedule, you clowns beat Illinois and Nebraska, and all of the sudden think your hot shit. Jeff Brohm is an embarrassment to recruiting and all the whining about Indiana's record by people that don't watch the games just shouldn't be taken seriously. They were down to a 4th string true freshman QB and a bunch of backups at secondary by the time they were done playing PSU, Cincy, and OSU.

Have fun watching those terrible three stars get the shit kicked out of them whenever they go up against a real team, Penn State opening week should be Hilarious. But hey, you'll think Purdue is good because they beat Northwestern and Illinois.

Purdue wins a minimum of 7 games this year with IU’s schedule.
Iowa
Idaho
Western Kentucky
MSU
Maryland
Rutgers
IU
Try playing MSU and Iowa when they aren't reeling from their biggest win of the year. MSU had their Super Bowl against their in state rival the week before they played Purdue, Iowa had what was perceived to be a big win against an undefeated PSU team. No way the Purdue team that barely put away Oregon State at home, beats Iowa in their season opener. Of course Purdue, per usual has two gifts on their already cupcake schedule. There's a reason after week after the Iowa game, Wisco dominated PU at Ross Ade, and the week after the MSU game, lol OSU put that game away in 10 minutes. Also, Idk why you think Maryland would be a definite win, Purdue is not UM or OSU, they aren't good enough to write off games, especially against teams that finished 6-6 while playing a real schedule.

Reactions: indiana ed

Where is your evidence that the two previous years were the anomaly and not 2021? What makes 2-10 more real than the 6-2 and 8-4 that preceded it in 2019 and 2020?

Did you read his post? No it’s not just because of Ohio State.

And yes, you’re furthering CG’s point. There’s more parity in the West because there isn’t a massive talent gap like there is in the East. That’s why it’s easier for a team like Purdue to compete against Iowa and Wisconsin, because there isn’t a huge talent disparity.
It is because of Ohio state. The east is 77-70 against the west. He cherry picked the top 4 teams in the East against ALL of the west instead of the top 4 in the west. Either way, the entire divisions should be compared.….but keep believing some garbage if it helps you feel better about the reality of IU football…

The 2020 class is better than 2022 class, there's no argument, 2020 finished 32nd nationally. 2022 is currently 39th, with room to fall as Purdue seems to have filled their class, and there are plenty of schools that will pass them once their class is full. By Avg rating it's the 12th out of 14 in the B1G. If you're convincing yourself this class is good, you're acknowledging that Jeff Brohm is a horrible recruiter.
Where this class is really good is it continues to raise the floor. It's missing more high end guys, but the floor is higher. Brohm keeps raising the floor, which is good. That is where this class is good. Lots of trench players as well. Also, this class isn't done. FYI.

And the reason I say this class might have passed the 2020 class is because MSU recruited the beat WR from that class to MSU last off-season.

Think you're forgetting that IU went 8-5 in 2019 and then 6-2 in 2020. Perhaps this was the anomaly year coupled with IU playing 4 different QB's and a slew of injuries to multiple key defensive players. We heard for two years that the only reason Purdue sucked was because of injuries, perhaps that is the case for IU this last year.

You must not get out much, there's plenty of PSU and UM fans disgruntled with the current alignment as those programs have legit playoff aspirations each year. The B10 East teams beat up on each other.

Think you're forgetting that IU went 8-5 in 2019 and then 6-2 in 2020. Perhaps this was the anomaly year coupled with IU playing 4 different QB's and a slew of injuries to multiple key defensive players. We heard for two years that the only reason Purdue sucked was because of injuries, perhaps that is the case for IU this last year.

You must not get out much, there's plenty of PSU and UM fans disgruntled with the current alignment as those programs have legit playoff aspirations each year. The B10 East teams beat up on each other.
I was shocked when PSU extended Franklin tbh.

I was shocked when PSU extended Franklin tbh.
Why? There are no good candidates out there. Who would replace him? Look at what LSU and USC had to do. PSU wasn’t going to start over or throw huge money at a new coach. They would still have the same problems trying to win the east. They compete for the same recruits as OSU.

Why? There are no good candidates out there. Who would replace him? Look at what LSU and USC had to do. PSU wasn’t going to start over or throw huge money at a new coach. They would still have the same problems trying to win the east. They compete for the same recruits as OSU.
Maybe he proves me wrong this year, but Franklin seems to be a phenomenal recruiter, but can't turn that into wins. Regardless of whether he's competing with osu or not, he's not really close to pushing osu atm.

Maybe he proves me wrong this year, but Franklin seems to be a phenomenal recruiter, but can't turn that into wins. Regardless of whether he's competing with osu or not, he's not really close to pushing osu atm.
Nobody has. Why start over? Franklin is stable and still recruiting at a high level. If they lose 1-3 games a year happy valley will be mostly happy. I bet they win the east in 2-3 years. If not next year.

Nobody has. Why start over? Franklin is stable and still recruiting at a high level. If they lose 1-3 games a year happy valley will be mostly happy. I bet they win the east in 2-3 years. If not next year.
Has Franklin shown he can do that with his current coordinators though? He's a .500 coach the last two years.

Has Franklin shown he can do that with his current coordinators though? He's a .500 coach the last two years.
11-2 then “Covid” this year 7-4. So yes he has. He was like less than 2 scores away this year from beating 4 ranked teams. So I’m not sold that he’s a bust. Especially after this cycles recruiting.

11-2 then “Covid” this year 7-4. So yes he has. He was like less than 2 scores away this year from beating 4 ranked teams. So I’m not sold that he’s a bust. Especially after this cycles recruiting.
He was also lucky to beat Wisconsin.

I guess there are a few ways to look at it. Was covid a fluke for someone like PSU or was it a fluke for someone like iu and Purdue? Does it pick and choose? Or will all three become good? I actually like iu becoming consistent 8 win teams more than psu becoming a consistent 10 or 11 win team.

He was also lucky to beat Wisconsin.

I guess there are a few ways to look at it. Was covid a fluke for someone like PSU or was it a fluke for someone like iu and Purdue? Does it pick and choose? Or will all three become good? I actually like iu becoming consistent 8 win teams more than psu becoming a consistent 10 or 11 win team.
Nope and I’m not going to argue with you on it. Everyone wants to throw out the Covid year so I will. (Even IU). Any team from the east could either be an 11 win team or a 6 win team. The margins are thin in those 3-4 top teams. Oh I didn’t say anything about PSU being a consistent 11-1. I said they will break through in a year or two.

Nope and I’m not going to argue with you on it. Everyone wants to throw out the Covid year so I will. (Even IU). Any team from the east could either be an 11 win team or a 6 win team. The margins are thin in those 3-4 top teams. Oh I didn’t say anything about PSU being a consistent 11-1. I said they will break through in a year or two.
I don't think they do. Which is why I think Franklin is the 2nd most overpaid coach in the big ten behind Tucker.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I agree with "who cares" and that includes the division comparison. Boilers have not participated in a B1G championship football game since the East West division set up and neither has IU (although we were headed last year until the rules changed.) Purdue has been historically better than IU in football. That is factual but "who cares" because I'm a Hoosier and the only number that matters to me is national championships in any sport. Everything else is just practice. We have 24. They have three; men's and women's golf and women's basketball. My sister went to Purdue. Great school. Still hate um with respect. Huge grin!
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays!
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1

Well, except for those at the bottom...they are irrelevant...but, they are equally irrelevant to the B1G West...they just are bad programs regardless of geography.

Where is your evidence that the two previous years were the anomaly and not 2021? What makes 2-10 more real than the 6-2 and 8-4 that preceded it in 2019 and 2020?
You are arguing with an embittered PUke grad that is butthurt over IU's class holding up after they all claimed it would fail. There is no logic...there is no evidence...there is no factual basis to their sobbing rants right now.

It's friday, they can all head to the sheep barn for date night and chant IU SUX as they wait for their turn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT