C-$

Hall of Famer
Nov 1, 2002
Carmel, Indiana
image2.jpg

Reactions: tbizzy
Alford had a great stroke

Socks-Shorts-1-2-3-Swish
If any of you guys were kids when Alford played for IU did you try to copy his free throw style or part your hair like Alford? I did both and neither worked well for me.

If any of you guys were kids when Alford played for IU did you try to copy his free throw style or part your hair like Alford? I did both and neither worked well for me.
No. I just always wanted to know what he looked like nekkid. Of course, now I say that about Bryce.

If UCLA holds on in this one, mark them down as another place the Coward Calipari won't go play on the road.

Though he might reach back out to IU if CTC sticks around

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Alford has the same Mirror clause in his contract. $13m to buy him out from UCLA. No way in hell.

I never said it was actually realistic - it's just more realistic than Stevens leaving Boston anytime soon.

I shoot FT just like Jim Masters did. Exact same mechanics. Beautiful shot. vbg My release was higher than Alfords and not as compact or quick. I would have gotten blocked a lot using his shot, it had a really low release point. The only shot I ever copied was Jay Edwards for a summer, coming from the left hip, you had to lean and take the ball around the left side of your head a bit, that mechanic turned it into a rainbow. It was weird, I actually had more range with that mechanic than my normal shot. I also copied his spin move.

I miss playing ball. The last time I hooped I couldn't walk after. Fk getting old..

I shoot FT just like Jim Masters did. Exact same mechanics. Beautiful shot. vbg My release was higher than Alfords and not as compact or quick. I would have gotten blocked a lot using his shot, it had a really low release point. The only shot I ever copied was Jay Edwards for a summer, coming from the left hip, you had to lean and take the ball around the left side of your head a bit, that mechanic turned it into a rainbow. It was weird, I actually had more range with that mechanic than my normal shot. I also copied his spin move.

I miss playing ball. The last time I hooped I couldn't walk after. Fk getting old..

Good Lord, I read that 3 times and thought you said Jim Neighbors.... I was on you like a tic form tall grass ! 3

I miss fouling people.

Yep. I had the butt part feathered hair in 5th, 6th, 7th grade. It was truly epic. Ok, it wasn't. looking back it was truly awful and I looked like a dork but hey, that was the 80's baby and chicks dug it. Loved Alford.

Since I am a lefty, I patterned my free throw shot like Calbert's. I still had two years left in high school when he was a frosh and soph at IU.

LOL! Can't believe you of all people, biasing this on one game. Hell, I watched that same game 4 years ago in AH and it still didn't make Crean a good coach. I'll pass.

We need great. Dunno about Fife, but at least I'd have some hope he may be great, we already know Stevie is not.

Anybody else is better.

Bill Springer, my old high school coach, would be better.

Anybody ...

I can be at times.

This is not one of those times.

You've been kind of a real dick lately.

Everything OK?
Cash flow is tight and I'm jealous I can't pull 26-year old tang like you. Other than that, things are great.

The only reason you want Alford is he is an IU legend, and that's a dumb reason to hire him. Objectively, there are way better choices.

I could live with Fife. Still unproven, but I think he is going to have a great career.

Reactions: C-$
Cash flow is tight and I'm jealous I can't pull 26-year old tang like you. Other than that, things are great.

The only reason you want Alford is he is an IU legend, and that's a dumb reason to hire him. Objectively, there are way better choices.

I could live with Fife. Still unproven, but I think he is going to have a great career.

Your comments are mostly reasonable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT