ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw Sowers was named Indiana Mr. Baseball.

dmg24

Senior
Jan 27, 2006
Is he still committed? Hope so.

This post was edited on 7/11 9:25 PM by dmg24

Yes still coming here. I believe that he was drafted but it was in the later rounds. From what I have read he is very excited to be a Hoosier (from McCutcheon High School in Lafayette). Believe that he will probably start as a freshman.

That'll be a tall order.

Seems like Nolden and O'Conner are probably set. Guess Hartong will catch. But that still leaves Dedelow, Suika, and a few others he'll have to beat out. Good problem for the new Skip to have.

Re: Has O'Coonor hit enough to be set

He's a heckuva centerfielder. And although he clearly struggles at the plate, he seemed to have some pretty clutch hits late in the season. All that experience will be hard to overcome by a freshman, but if he's able to do it the team will be better. No problem with depth and good daily competition.

Re: Has O'Coonor hit enough to be set

Keep in mind, we could afford to play a one-way player (really good plus defender) because of the other bats. Schwarber, Travis and DeMuth are now gone). I think TO may need to move back to a later inning replacement or must hit more.

I think there's a really good chance Sowers will play a ton from day one.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

TO will need a good fall to stay in the lineup. While he is above average defensively, he is severely limited at the plate. Even if you get a freshman to hit .220, it's going to be a upgrade. Eustace and crisler both have the speed to play CF (both run 6.5/60yds), and the bats are better. A lot of this stuff will be clearer in the fall, but no one is a "shoe in" at this point.

I guess it doesn't matter now, Tim will not be back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT