ADVERTISEMENT

Just a Great Game for IU's Development.

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
SJU is a hard-nosed team with two very very good players and several tough role guys. SJU was a trash talking machine last night from the warm ups on. Can not say enough about Champagnie and Alexander though. Great players. That pressure and trapping was as good as we will see this year.

IU showed the areas of weakness we have all seen (FT, shooting, Rob) and they struggled with the pressure at times yet still managed to grit out a W when it mattered. Was happy to see the kids buck up and not be intimidated by the physical play and give some the smack talk righ back to them (while smiling, which was awesome) X didn't take any shit, neither did TJD and that is good to see. The kids didn't react they way I might have when Matthis pulled that punk move, hopefully the wrist is not broken and thankfully he was not pulled down onto his head.

This game will serve the team well as the season unfolds. They were far from perfect but they stuck together and got it done.

Next

One question and one comment ( maybe even a second question.
I did not see TJD use his right hand much. How is that coming along for him?
The ejection foul did not seem ejectable to me. Was it more dirty than I thought?

Good win, they are good, probably actually better than us if this is on a neutral floor 7 out of 10 times, but a good win. We need to get a lot better

One question and one comment ( maybe even a second question.
I did not see TJD use his right hand much. How is that coming along for him?
The ejection foul did not seem ejectable to me. Was it more dirty than I thought?
He scored with it last night. Not as comfortable as he could be, but it's becoming a threat.

I see you still haven’t addressed how losing the second half by 10 is showing signs of development.
Ok...slowly and only this time:

The discussion was about TJD and his left hand. Not Iu defensive effectiveness.

Hope this helps

jeeebus

I didn't think so. I didn't see where it was intentionally malicious. He was trying to go after the ball and missed badly. I thought an F1 would have been appropriate.

Reactions: larsIU
I didn't think so. I didn't see where it was intentionally malicious. He was trying to go after the ball and missed badly. I thought an F1 would have been appropriate.
Yeah, he just grabbed/yanked his arm by accident - could have happened to anyone.

The fact that three referees reached consensus suggests you're wrong. Fouls don't have to be mailcious to qualify as F2 - stupid, dangerous and/or punk works just as well.

I waited until this morning when i could watch the recording absent the in-game emotion of it all. There were angles on TV that we weren't shown in TAH.

None of us can speak to the kid's intention but he had been trash talking since the jump and he pulled down on the arm...that is very dangerous and not in question.

I was surprised he got the 2 (as this is IU) but after looking at the replay this morning and knowing his agressive attitude prior to the foul I understand the decision. In the end, it didn't hurt SJ much as he is not a key player.

I see you still haven’t addressed how losing the second half by 10 is showing signs of development.

I will type slow so that you can comprehend.

SJ was the best team we have played. Losing by 10 in the second half is not good but it is offset when you win the first half by 12. They gutted it out and won. That is development.

We won the first half by 12. Your degrees must not be in math or accounting.
The discussio he misunderstood was about TJD specifically and hie left hand.

I doubt Twangy has the three degrees from IU that he claims he does

The discussio he misunderstood was about TJD specifically and hie left hand.

I doubt Twangy has the three degrees from IU that he claims he does
This username dates back to the Star/News forum. I attended Indiana when it was Indiana. I knew your uncle. He would be disappointed in you.

This username dates back to the Star/News forum. I attended Indiana when it was Indiana. I knew your uncle. He would be disappointed in you

No you didn't and no he wouldn't.

You forget your posting history is here for all to see.

But i will play along...what three degrees do you hold from IU? Or is it more than three?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT