ADVERTISEMENT

Ju Ju Lewis

The + I'm talking about is not the - about Auburn. We're in it. Sunseri has the strong relationship advantage. Like our %.

I was just thinking along the lines of the twitter post. Since he did it for all of his 3 finalists, I didn't see the twitter post as being positive or negative other than confirming we are in the running still.

Hopefully Sunseri's relationship seals the deal for us.

The + I'm talking about is not the - about Auburn. We're in it. Sunseri has the strong relationship advantage. Like our %.
If we've got the NIL money, he may wait to see how IU actually does this year. If we're rolling, he could jump on board and bring lots of talent with him.

If we f up..... that wouldn't be good for our chances.

Not trying to read too much into it, but it’s a minor thing to note that the IU post is the post at the top of his X feed. (Granted, the flip side could be said that he posted that 3rd, so…🤷🏻‍♂️)

I was just thinking along the lines of the twitter post. Since he did it for all of his 3 finalists, I didn't see the twitter post as being positive or negative other than confirming we are in the running still.

Hopefully Sunseri's relationship seals the deal for us.
I think winning this year is what gives IU the best chance getting him to sign
GoHoosiers

Back before the internet, we called some guys “head cases.” Is he a head case? Or has the internet turned ‘em all into head cases?

The old rule still applies - until they move in, register for class, and show up at practice, they aren’t your player.

These days I'd lean more towards a guy who's working the NIL system vs head case... He's actually doing us a favor by keeping us in the conversation so I'm pleased with his interest whether it's sincere or not..

He also may just be hedging his bet on USC. If they haven't fixed their D and they don't have Offensive fire power they had last year things could go south fast for them once they hit their Big Ten schedule... They might end up being exposed big time... If that happens we may end up in play for his services...

Whether he ends up here or not I think we'll end up being fine at QB...

These days I'd lean more towards a guy who's working the NIL system vs head case... He's actually doing us a favor by keeping us in the conversation so I'm pleased with his interest whether it's sincere or not..
Yea, this seems like a pretty standard recruitment process. He’s looking at a few schools and posting about the process on social media like most recruits do. Nothing wrong with that.

He also may just be hedging his bet on USC. If they haven't fixed their D and they don't have Offensive fire power they had last year things could go south fast for them once they hit their Big Ten schedule... They might end up being exposed big time... If that happens we may end up in play for his services...

Whether he ends up here or not I think we'll end up being fine at QB...
If they have a down year and Lincoln Riley gets canned or leaves, things can change in a heartbeat. Anything less than 9 wins could create some noise around him in a bad way.

If they have a down year and Lincoln Riley gets canned or leaves, things can change in a heartbeat. Anything less than 9 wins could create some noise around him in a bad way.

Here's their schedule:

Looks like there's 7 or 8 possible Losses on there... If they lose just 5 of those Riley most likely will end up on the hot seat (in my opinion)...

Our offer matters (NIL and rev share), but an NFL payday is many many orders of magnitude larger than anything he can get in college. His top consideration is almost certainly what program will develop and showcase him best for the NFL draft and an NFL career.

Last edited:
Our offer matters (NIL and rev share), but an NFL payday is many many orders of magnitude larger than anything he can get in college. His top consideration is almost certainly what program will develop and showcase him best for the NFL draft and an NFL career.
I don't think so.

Money now, when it's significant is better than a pro contract years from now that may never happen due to injury or other reasons. Pro contract which he will still get even with money now...

Surely he's shopping the cash as significantly as college (not pro) coaching. If he gives up much he'll be paying a tremendous rate for the coaches he has hired.

He surely wants good coaching, good surrounding cast, yeah. And millions.

I don't think so.

Money now, when it's significant is better than a pro contract years from now that may never happen due to injury or other reasons. Pro contract which he will still get even with money now...

Surely he's shopping the cash as significantly as college (not pro) coaching. If he gives up much he'll be paying a tremendous rate for the coaches he has hired.

He surely wants good coaching, good surrounding cast, yeah. And millions.
I don't see how money now ($1.5-$2M/yr, whatever it is) is better than a pro contract ($6-35M initial four year deal + sponsorships + rest of career and future contracts). His #1 goal in life is the NFL right now, even if it may not happen.

His pro contract can vary significantly depending what school he selects and how he performs.

I'd guess all the schools he is considering are similar offers, or else they would be out. I'm sure his agent is pushing everyone as high as they will go, but I don't think he would take an extra $100-200K to go somewhere he didn't feel was the best for his development into an NFL player.

If you see it differently that's fine, just an interesting topic.

If you see it differently that's fine, just an interesting topic.
I agree with your take I guess. I'm sure he's about pro potential as well as college experiences, because the money is going to be there anyway.

Initially I thought if the elite prospects mainly wanted the best coaching, they'd all be actively selling themselves to about three schools, whichever had the consensus best qb coaching. Instead of fielding offers and being recruited.

I agree with your take I guess. I'm sure he's about pro potential as well as college experiences, because the money is going to be there anyway.

Initially I thought if the elite prospects mainly wanted the best coaching, they'd all be actively selling themselves to about three schools, whichever had the consensus best qb coaching. Instead of fielding offers and being recruited.
IU is set up well at QB although it would be nice for recruiting to bring in the #1 player in the class. Lewis came in and talked to our coaches, so IU has their shot, however good it is, at pulling him to Bloomington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT